RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

techno probably blew his wad when he heard LA was the team.

i wonder who he will support, TFC or robbie keane

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am as excited as I was when Macca came to host the broadcast of the MLS cup at BMO.
    Although he didnt get a chance to sign my Steve Nicol LFC shirt (nor did I get it signed by Stevie Nicol)

I am really more excited for my Irish mates, all HUGE fans and patriots. as well as Tbird she lost her shit when I told her he is coming.

I am 100% TFC Red in this occasion, although I will find it hard NOT to cheer if he scores against us. I hope we find a way to get the result . . . .

Tell me hopw awesome will THAT celebration be? When we win and go onto the semis?
    If its a mid-week game I know I am taking the next day off!!!

TFC! cl-cl-CLAP!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now to see it from ESPN LA's perspective:

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...n-ccl-quarters

The Galaxy received what appears to be a very favorable draw for the CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinals. They were paired Tuesday with Toronto FC, a surprise final-eight side that has never qualified for Major League Soccer's postseason.
    The Reds have found little success in their brief history aside from the Canadian Championship, which determined Canada's entrant to the Champions League, but Dutch manager Aron Winter seems to have built a foundation this year that could profit next spring.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love words like "surprising" and "edged-out" in articles that talk about us. just a little bias wording, dont ya think?

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    i love words like "surprising" and "edged-out" in articles that talk about us. just a little bias wording, dont ya think?
    Biased yes, but still true I think given our history.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coed Girls 1 & 2
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    I don't think there was any bias at all. Everything in that article is fact. TFC is weakest opponent LA could have drawn. They're a surprise to make it to the quarterfinals because Dallas was favoured over them. They've had NO success in their history apart from the NCC.

I don't know why Oldtimer chose to bold the parts he did but not the part where they complimented Winter on the job he did. All I know is that Toronto sports fans are convinced the American media is out to get them/doesn't give them any credit. This is very prevalent with Raptor fans as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    I know I am taking the next day off!!!
    With 4-months of build up and hype for this match - I think it's safe to say I am booking match day, and recovery day off for this LOL
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    I don't think there was any bias at all. Everything in that article is fact. TFC is weakest opponent LA could have drawn. They're a surprise to make it to the quarterfinals because Dallas was favoured over them. They've had NO success in their history apart from the NCC.

I don't know why Oldtimer chose to bold the parts he did but not the part where they complimented Winter on the job he did. All I know is that Toronto sports fans are convinced the American media is out to get them/doesn't give them any credit. This is very prevalent with Raptor fans as well.
    come now. TFC has to be stronger than Metapan from Salvadorian league
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post

Absolute bollocks. It doesn't matter where you're from- Any media is out to get you as a sports fan. A rival city or your own.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keem-o-sabi View Post
    Coed Girls 1 & 2
    I prefer this one the best. Yum Yum!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we play in L.A during march break?

I must be dreaming. California vacation here I come

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CP article:
    Winter says defensive reinforcements are needed with defenders Adrian Cann and Dicoy Williams “a long way from” returning.
    Not sure if I've been out to lunch on this, but wasn't there thought that Cann would be ready for the start of next season and provide obvious stability to the back line?

Maybe I missed something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if the team ever gave a specific timeline or just a general one, but 1 year for an acl reconstruction isn't usually enough time for soccer.

They both did theirs Junish, so now at the 6 month point the physios have given an updated assessment to Winter. Sounds like neither are are going better than planned.

Personally I think Cann is finished as a pro while Williams might make it back, but not until mid season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in that case, it looks like two starting centrebacks will have to be at the top of the off season shopping list.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 11-09-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i feel like they were anyways tbh