Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post

Seattle, New York etc.. don't even register on my radar. TFC and city of Toronto generally don't have any history with those cities and their teams.
    i feel the same way

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal is Toronto's natural rival in pretty much all fields. The two cities are just so different from each other, it shouldn't come as a surprise that there is so much animosity between them. Funnily enough, all the people there we've run into who weren't Impact fans (including the bartender at our hotel last visit) were pretty cool with us and showed a lot of hospitality. Now the scum who follow that shitty-ass blue team and who like to jump visiting TFC fans wandering alone in a park can lick my asshole

As for Vancouver - c'mon, they're not even in the same conference as us. I can't take them seriously on account of geography alone. Columbus is a town I dislike with fans I dislike. What bothers me most about the Crew fans is the fact that they have this weird self-affirmation thing going on with us. It's like the only way they'll be happy with themselves is if we give them any sort of attention. It's actually kinda pathetic, really, like a little kid having a tantrum.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Columbus....

Maybe Montreal will heat up next season.....

But for now......there is only one team/supporters i cant stand..and thats the CREW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    1. columbus

2. columbus

3. columbus

i fuckin hate them.

i dont hate columbus, theyre just cunts.
    the win we got over them put an end to the "rivalry" in my opinion, and that rivalry was born out of the league endlessly trying to push a derby between the two of us.

i have more hate directed towards vancouver than anything else, and openly took joy in knocking them out of the voyagers cup in the past. it's fun hearing them complain. when montreal comes into the league it's a whole new ballgame.

honestly, how can you hate columbus and all 6,000 of the fans that pack their stadium? why waste the passion?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Seattle? What has seattle done to deserve our hate?
    One word: FURRIES!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal - Obvious history with Leafs/Habs, Argos/Als, French/English...etc.
    Columbus - Our original MLS rival and a total fucking scumbag shithole place where even if the club wins, the fans suck. And they're fucking piss yellow.
    New York - More history with Leafs/Rangers, Jays/Yankees...and I mean everyone fucking hates NY. Feels more intense when we play.

Vancouver tries hard to generate a rivalry with Toronto just as a city but Toronto is too arrogant and self centered to pay those damn hippies any attention, so while they are more fun to play/beat than a Portland or Chivas...they aren't a rival.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Montreal is Toronto's natural rival in pretty much all fields. The two cities are just so different from each other, it shouldn't come as a surprise that there is so much animosity between them. Funnily enough, all the people there we've run into who weren't Impact fans (including the bartender at our hotel last visit) were pretty cool with us and showed a lot of hospitality. Now the scum who follow that shitty-ass blue team and who like to jump visiting TFC fans wandering alone in a park can lick my asshole

As for Vancouver - c'mon, they're not even in the same conference as us. I can't take them seriously on account of geography alone. Columbus is a town I dislike with fans I dislike. What bothers me most about the Crew fans is the fact that they have this weird self-affirmation thing going on with us. It's like the only way they'll be happy with themselves is if we give them any sort of attention. It's actually kinda pathetic, really, like a little kid having a tantrum.
    So rivarly has to be based on geography now?

Vancouver is our rivalry due to our history with them in NCC. They don't like us and we don't like them (both fans and clubs themselves).

Crew rivalry is a joke! Their club and FO never hated us or even cared about us besides selling tickets to TFC fans to pack their stadium. Their very small group of fans on BS isn't enough to consider their club a rival.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle? What has seattle done to deserve our hate?
    They gave Drew Carey another platform to speak to the media....and that fucking travesty of a brass band.

For me though.. it's Vancouver, then Montreal/Columbus. All bets are off next season though. I feel like it's a fresh start with all three of Canada's big teams in MLS.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L.A. Cos they're the best team in the league.
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    i dont hate columbus, theyre just cunts.
    the win we got over them put an end to the "rivalry" in my opinion, and that rivalry was born out of the league endlessly trying to push a derby between the two of us.

i have more hate directed towards vancouver than anything else, and openly took joy in knocking them out of the voyagers cup in the past. it's fun hearing them complain. when montreal comes into the league it's a whole new ballgame.

honestly, how can you hate columbus and all 6,000 of the fans that pack their stadium? why waste the passion?

up to you but 1 win isn't going to let me forget the hate that has built up for this team...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    sounds like a cascadian at heart
    dun dun dun
    Hahahaha. I now that the world view is different, and Phili is another city I like to visit. Love New York, and want to head out to Chicago and Boston, but their supporters I do not like.

The fucking Revs, and their minutemen, to NFL/College for my taste.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is MLSE a valid answer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    What he said.

Montreal because of our history of rivalry in all sports (hockey, gridiron, baseball back in the day, you name it). It could be championship tiddly-winks, if Montreal is there, they will always be the #1 rival.

Columbus, not because of the Trillium cup, but because of how much negative history there is with that scummy city, taser-happy cops, media, Colombus FO, and xenophobes like Bill Archer.

New York, because their team has been unsportsmanlike, and our players have always considered them a rival.

We have to beat Vancouver to get the Voyageurs Cup, but besides that care only slightly about them, and that because they are Canadian.
    Could not agree more. Well said.

Also I hate many of the fans in Columbus from personal experience, and the only city that could touch that is Philly (sorry, Chester PA) but considering I am planning on never going back there I figure that can't really count. Also talking to friends in Boston and telling them about the dick Philly fans they knew exactly who I meant from their teams trips there.
    Last edited by Ben - D.O.W.; 11-07-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal.
    Vancouver.

It's a national pride thing. I can see why people put Columbus on that list, but honestly like someone else said they are just douchebags in a douchey city with stupid cops and whatever, every team they play has to deal with that. When it comes to sport, the Cup is pure fabrication and we've tied and beaten them this year so meh.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

despite the fact that New England has destoryed us many times, and yet we always seem to have big games against them too (pitch invasion, last game of this year) we always seem to stay positive about it.

To use a double negative - I don't dislike their team. I don't like them either, but I don't dislike them.

Columbus though.... fuck em.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't recall New England 'destroying' TFC a lot, only once in last couple of years? TFC has been pretty competitive with New England IIRC
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't recall New England 'destroying' TFC a lot, only once in last couple of years? TFC has been pretty competitive with New England IIRC

2007 first road trip 4-0
    2010 first road trip 4-1

they've given us a few really embarassing defeats. We're usually extatic to draw them.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    up to you but 1 win isn't going to let me forget the hate that has built up for this team...
    it's just made me care about them less. we've slayed the dragon. they can't say "youve never beaten us!" anymore and that's really all they've had.

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Is MLSE a valid answer?
    i lol'd at my desk.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Montreal
    2. America

Pretty much hate every opponent, apart from Limpact, equally. .

They stand in oru way, so we must crush them. its that easy.
    on of th4se days we will win 10 game. . . . . in the same season!
    and that will eb sweet.
    Ill drink to it!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    They stand in oru way, so we must crush them. its that easy.
    on of th4se days we will win 10 game. . . . . in the same season!
    and that will eb sweet.
    Ill drink to it!
    "th4se"? "eb"? spells like you've already been drinking to it..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    What he said.

Montreal because of our history of rivalry in all sports (hockey, gridiron, baseball back in the day, you name it). It could be championship tiddly-winks, if Montreal is there, they will always be the #1 rival.

Columbus, not because of the Trillium cup, but because of how much negative history there is with that scummy city, taser-happy cops, media, Colombus FO, and xenophobes like Bill Archer.

New York, because their team has been unsportsmanlike, and our players have always considered them a rival.

We have to beat Vancouver to get the Voyageurs Cup, but besides that care only slightly about them, and that because they are Canadian.

see that don't work for me cause i don't cheer for and other toronto team other then TFC so none of that fits me...

i look at it just with tfc and what other soccer team has pissed me off the most and there is no other then the yellow piss stains of the crew and their fans..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    Could not agree more. Well said.

Also I hate many of the fans in Columbus from personal experience, and the only city that could touch that is Philly (sorry, Chester PA) but considering I am planning on never going back there I figure that can't really count. Also talking to friends in Boston and telling them about the dick Philly fans they knew exactly who I meant from their teams trips there.
    What happened? I'd never fuck with a beard like what you're sporting.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    So rivarly has to be based on geography now?

Vancouver is our rivalry due to our history with them in NCC. They don't like us and we don't like them (both fans and clubs themselves).

Crew rivalry is a joke! Their club and FO never hated us or even cared about us besides selling tickets to TFC fans to pack their stadium. Their very small group of fans on BS isn't enough to consider their club a rival.
    A rivalry doesn't have to be based on geography, but it should be obvious to anyone out of grade school that it certainly helps.

As for Vancouver, they're sorta in the same camp as Crew fans. Vancouverites sure love to talk shit about Toronto, but do people here reciprocate? I don't think we do, at least not as much as other (and interestingly enough, closer) MLS clubs.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    What happened? I'd never fuck with a beard like what you're sporting.
    Haha - thanks, my beard appreciates it.

There was a group of 'fans' in Philly who spent the whole game, backs facing the game, calling us out to 'fight at halftime' or 'fight after the game'. Just generally being dick bags to us for 90 minutes for no real reason.

And after being to Chester PA, and seeing the prison just down the street, there is no way I would ever be okay with spending so much as a night there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal, for obvious reasons, and Columbus, which may have started out as a manufactured rivalry but given the crap that has gone on when we go down, its real now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    A rivalry doesn't have to be based on geography, but it should be obvious to anyone out of grade school that it certainly helps.

As for Vancouver, they're sorta in the same camp as Crew fans. Vancouverites sure love to talk shit about Toronto, but do people here reciprocate? I don't think we do, at least not as much as other (and interestingly enough, closer) MLS clubs.
    Given the world we live in now, it shouldn't be much of a factor.

Just judging based on this thread, I would say people do hate Vancouver and probably hate them more than Crew.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dunno bout that dude, i counted more columbus' then vancouvers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drewski View Post
    Montreal, for obvious reasons, and Columbus, which may have started out as a manufactured rivalry but given the crap that has gone on when we go down, its real now.
    This.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont think anything but the Trillium cup was ever manufactured, their fans are really dicks as is Bill whats his name (is he even around anymore?), dont think the rivalry was as intense as it is now or prior to the cup but all that shit that went down in columbus definitely stoked the fire