Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just checked TM and got a pair thrown back in 515 row 37 which would let you see the jumbo tron.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Beckham pulls his uterus on wednesday!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Posh is a slag.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So.. I guess not everyone is aware of what is happening this week?

hahah..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loconet View Post
    So.. I guess not everyone is aware of what is happening this week?

hahah..
    Ecks not Becks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Donovan over that disease he contracted????

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Is Donovan over that disease he contracted????
    He apparently was about 90% at practice a couple days ago and "said he did nothing for two weeks during his bout of bronchitis except lie on his back (and try to breathe)."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone selling a pair of tickets !!?
    if you know anyone please pm me ASAP , thankyou

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it interesting to see the contrast between how Toronto is approaching this game versus LA. On Toronto's website, the CCL has dominated for months, but especially in the last little while.

Despite being a couple of days away, LA has perilously little on its website. It's one thing when they didn't pay much attention to it at the end of last season, they are, after all, MLS cup champs and have a lot of other things going on in comparison to TFC, but to still have so little content even now?

I think it would behoove the CCL and MLS to have LA more on board with this competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thoroughly annoyed that I had an opportunity to by sec. 133, row 16 the other day but I didn't have my visa on me. When I looked next they were sold out. Probably won't get anywhere near that. If anyone has any tickets they're selling, send me a PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow 2 full days away from right now I will be sitting in the rogers center watching the greatest football club playing the LA Galaxy in a champions league match! This is so fuckin exciting. When was the last time such a sporting event happened in Toronto..... the leafs....Raps....Jays....Agos.... this game means everything to me and I am very proud to be a part of it in Two Days! LETS TEAR THE ROOF OF THE ROGERS CENTER, let show MLS who true supporter are Lets be that 12th man on the pitch. Go Reds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commie Red View Post
    This is not a bad idea. I know in the past the Capos have flipped numbers to indicate what chant is coming up. It's probably too late now, but a flip chart with a number might have coordinated the crowd with the chants.
    What twitter feed? Yours or the official one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, couldn't get a ticket near the supporter's section so I chose to be right on top of them hoping that others who intend to sing their hearts out will have picked the same location.

It's awkward on the Skydome, as I'll be completely disconnected from what's going on downstairs, but I'm hoping others like myself will get that whole 'curva' going.

I'm at section 524B, anyone else around there?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the crowd expected Wednesday I am so happy that when the Galaxy was in town last year Becks was gracious enough to sign my 2008 all-star game ticket.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys stop highjacking the thread with tickets questions,we have a thread dedicated for that and please use it .

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...70#post1453370

and one more reminder, flagpoles are allowed ONLY in supporters sections and you will have to enter at Gate 8,6:30PM.

Cheers
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just took a look at the Galaxy's projected starting lineup. Fuck. Not that there were any surprises, but still...FUCK!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    Just took a look at the Galaxy's projected starting lineup. Fuck. Not that there were any surprises, but still...FUCK!!!
    True it is a excellent lineup They hould have no problem repeating as champs this year or at least getting to the MLS Cup but it will be very interesting to see how both teams are ready this early in the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it me or that the Toronto media hasn't been giving this game any love even though it is in less then 2 days. Even though I know we live in a hockey crazed country, I'm still surprised how little media coverage TFC is receiving for this game

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm144 View Post
    Is it me or that the Toronto media hasn't been giving this game any love even though it is in less then 2 days. Even though I know we live in a hockey crazed country, I'm still surprised how little media coverage TFC is receiving for this game
    Can't say I'm surprised given the fact that this market is all about hockey. Plus there are the other sports teams as well. At best, the local media will show highlights from the game and then they will move on. At least TorontoFC.ca is doing its job.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's now 4 months and 2 days since Shakes started this thread.

The longest pre-game thread ever! And the longest pre-game thread in terms of pages (23). Just over 24 hours until the match...
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It's now 4 months and 2 days since Shakes started this thread.

The longest pre-game thread ever! And the longest pre-game thread in terms of pages (23). Just over 24 hours until the match...
    anyone else feel that this sorta christmas'd us? i remember reading this thread in it's infancy, next thing you know it's tomorrow.

FUCKING. TOMORROW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    anyone else feel that this sorta christmas'd us? i remember reading this thread in it's infancy, next thing you know it's tomorrow.

on my way to work this morning i asked a skydome maintenance worker if the dome will be open he said probably not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hahaha - didn't realize that for the return leg in LA, attendance will be capped at 7,500 because of some by-law in Carson that places restrictions on events happening on a school night. What a joke.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mariobuzzeo11 View Post
    on my way to work this morning i asked a skydome maintenance worker if the dome will be open he said probably not.
    The dome is always sealed pretty much until just before May 24 weekend if I recall correctly. Jays always play home games indoors during April and early May.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Hahaha - didn't realize that for the return leg in LA, attendance will be capped at 7,500 because of some by-law in Carson that places restrictions on events happening on a school night. What a joke.

ha hhhahha
    that is a fantastic fact!
    thanks

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if it's a by-law. It's an agreement between the Galaxy/Home Depot Center & the adjacent university, in place since the stadium was built. They share the parking facilities. There's not enough parking for both the weekday university crowd, and a major event at the Home Depot Center.

It took them a while to even sell the 7500 seats (not sure if sold out yet), so they may not have wanted/needed more seats for this one anyway. (They have negotiated very occasional exceptions with the university when needed, e.g. apparently for last year's playoff game vs. New York, where they sold a few more seats. Otherwise their weekday playoff games are also capped at 7500 seats due to the agreement.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dome is always sealed pretty much until just before May 24 weekend if I recall correctly. Jays always play home games indoors during April and early May.

last year they opened it during the days when the jays returned from spring training and closed it for the games
    no pattern really if the temp is around the 6 degree mark at kick off i think they might open it
    they were opening it a lot last year cause of all the complaints about the atmosphere at jays games
    Last edited by whyalwaysme11; 03-06-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mariobuzzeo11 View Post

With the dome closed and 46,000 voices singing lodly.....it's going to be something this City hasn't seen or heard before......Epic noise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just tweeted these two nuggets:

Jamacian Referee Courtney Campbell apparently in charge of #TFC v LA Game 2morrow. Reds saw him once before in famous 2-1 win vs Cruz Azul

And Panamian Official Roberto Moreno is in charge of the #TFC #CCL game in LA next week. Reds have never seen him before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Betting line from Pinnacle Sports:

Toronto FC +264
    LA Galaxy +116
    Draw +243

O/U: 2.5
    Under -127
    Over +109