Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which will make no difference the way the games played.. it will make it softer.. thats about it... less big bounces... same shit fast speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krasno.pL. View Post
    Which will make no difference the way the games played.. it will make it softer.. thats about it... less big bounces... same shit fast speed.
    Less big bounces will indeed affect how the game is played.

(I'm not arguing for artificial turf, by the way)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have a list, or know of which players on Toronto and LA that are either cap tied or suspended?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Less big bounces will indeed affect how the game is played.

(I'm not arguing for artificial turf, by the way)
    No no i agree,didn't think it through as much... just how soft..and how much both teams use the long ball, (which i hope none!) we'll see Still shocked they wouldn't bring in grass , but i guess as Anselmi said thats a huge pain in the ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    Does anyone have a list, or know of which players on Toronto and LA that are either cap tied or suspended?
    Avila and Hall (iirc) are cap tied

JDG is likely suspended

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    avila and hall are cup tied
    jdg and soolsma are suspended

marcelo sarvas is the only cup tied person on LAG
    no suspensions (no yellows in their last game)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any tailgating planned for this match lads?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    Any tailgating planned for this match lads?
    Pre-game at Crocodile Rock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have a recent tally of ticket sales??

Picked up a pair in 224a hopefully people above the supporters section would like to get on their feet too.
    Last edited by JavierMartini; 02-26-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...eam-face-italy

it says donovan has a hamstring injury

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...eam-face-italy

it says donovan has a hamstring injury
    Bronchitis

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking as someone who has chronic bronchitis, it is a bitch to play sports at a recreational level. I can just imagine trying to play at a very competitive level. Wouldn't mind not seeing him when we play LA but i would never wish for harm against anyone

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    Speaking as someone who has chronic bronchitis, it is a bitch to play sports at a recreational level. I can just imagine trying to play at a very competitive level. Wouldn't mind not seeing him when we play LA but i would never wish for harm against anyone
    It didn't say "chronic," though. It's probably a result of a cold.

Paul B tweeted him a "get well" tweet... that he would get well "in 17 days."
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or it's the result of the Galaxy wanting to keep him in camp rather than fly 12 hours each way, cross 9 time zones, and lose 5 days of training, for the sake of a friendly, only a week before a huge game.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Or it's the result of the Galaxy wanting to keep him in camp rather than fly 12 hours each way, cross 9 time zones, and lose 5 days of training, for the sake of a friendly, only a week before a huge game.
    I was wondering about that as well. Maybe he's sick, but not so sick he would really need to miss the game... This also avoids injury during the friendly & associated NT training after all that travel.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I was wondering about that as well. Maybe he's sick, but not so sick he would really need to miss the game... This also avoids injury during the friendly & associated NT training after all that travel.
    Could be, it gives an easy "out."

I've thought that on TFC's side, there is no way JDG would be playing in the CMNT friendly, if it weren't for the fact that he is suspended for the first leg with LA.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Donovan missed the last game with Everton because of this, so I don't think it's made up. They're probably just being super cautious about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how much of the upper bowl is going to be tarped if it's only 43,500 @ a sell out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My apologies if I missed this...What are the TV coverage plans for the match?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    how much of the upper bowl is going to be tarped if it's only 43,500 @ a sell out
    They said from the start that they would use the same configuration that Juventus used. In fact they ended up adding to that 1,000 seats that can't even see the scoreboard because demand was so high.

Some of the seats in the Skydome are at very poor angles for watching a game in "soccer set-up." Sure they could include those tickets, but then the talk would be on how ML$E was ripping people off, selling them tickets to which they can't even see the whole field all that well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    They said from the start that they would use the same configuration that Juventus used. In fact they ended up adding to that 1,000 seats that can't even see the scoreboard because demand was so high.

Some of the seats in the Skydome are at very poor angles for watching a game in "soccer set-up." Sure they could include those tickets, but then the talk would be on how ML$E was ripping people off, selling them tickets to which they can't even see the whole field all that well.
    It will be nice to see many more people attending this game then. the upper bowl was pretty empty for the Juventus one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to rain on the parade, but the weather as of right now says Sunny and 8 degrees on March 7.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    I don't want to rain on the parade, but the weather as of right now says Sunny and 8 degrees on March 7.
    which means fuck all as weather forecasts are rarely reliable except 24hr forecasts (and even sketchy then)

I also think nobody could have predicted freak mild winter we had this year, unless you're a clairvoyant
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's the case we'll probably get the snowmageddon that was predicted last week but that we didn't get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't want to rain on the parade - Yet you the 'rolleyes'?

Still, I'd be surprised if it's sunny at 8 pm, let alone 8 degrees by the lake, in the wind.

Given it's late February, and winter doesn't appear to have arrived yet, then that's not surprising.

I've never seen a winter like this around here. I've only pulled out my winter coat 2-3 times, there's still some green grass around, and the crocuses are coming up in February. I don't think this is an average winter.

The decision to move the game wasn't made because it would be cold, but because it could be cold.

Do you suggest they should wait next time until the 2-week forecast is available before choosing a venue?

You said back in November that 'If there is a guarantee that they can pack the SkyDome I'm all for it'. Under the circumstances, I'm happy, even if it does end up being a nice evening. Now if this were a mid-day game ... that might be a different story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now you've done it, we'll have a blizzard for the home opener on March 24.

Biggest snow storm I've ever been in was Pittsburgh, March 13-14, 1993. 25 inches in 18 hours. Insane.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 02-28-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post

Biggest snow storm I've ever been in was Pittsburgh, March 13-14, 1993. 25 inches in 18 hours. Insane.
    That is so funny. I was doing a road trip to Pittsburgh to watch the Penguins play on the 13th I believe it was. We were driving back to Toronto in that storm. We were going like 20 km/h on that highway out of Pittsburgh.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if it actually ends up being nice weather on the 7th, it's good that the dome is almost sold out. (It would have been sad if it were good weather AND the dome was less than half full, with a BMO-sized crowd, yet the roof closed as it must be at this time of year.)

At least it will be nice weather for the march to the game then, and folks with tickets will actually show (rather than staying home if they're worried about getting to the dome on a weekday evening in bad weather).

And if things freeze up again a week later, at least we won't have a bunch of burst pipes at BMO (because once they get the sprinklers & washrooms fired up, they have to keep them going, no sense to re-drain at that time of year).
    Last edited by Auzzy; 02-28-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That is so funny. I was doing a road trip to Pittsburgh to watch the Penguins play on the 13th I believe it was. We were driving back to Toronto in that storm. We were going like 20 km/h on that highway out of Pittsburgh.
    I've been nervous about March weather ever since. I can't complain about getting stuck in Pittsb though, I was in a four star hotel finalizing a convention contract, ended up staying in one of the presidential suites for three days gratis. Was fun until the cable tv went out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post

I was on my way to see the Dead play two shows in Cleveland, March 13-14, 1993, we made it but the band didn't so only saw them on the 14th, still have the unused ticket for 13th

So glad FO priced this game right and the dome will be full!!