RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cochrane maintained that TFC is taking the competition seriously, especially now that they are through to the quarter-finals for the first time in franchise history.
    “I don’t think you get to this stage and pack it in. You’re at a point now where you’re a handful of games away from playing in (the final) of a very prestigious competition,” Cochrane stated.
    He also feels that a strong performance by Toronto could give the CONCACAF Champions League a major shot in the arm in the eyes of MLS fans who stare upon the competition with a jaundiced eye.
    “I think it’s very important for (MLS) teams to be successful at this stage of the tournament, to start to give some credibility to it,” Cochrane said.
    “I firmly believe this league is positioned over the next couple of decades to be a big league in the world. In order for us to take it in that direction (MLS teams) need to be playing in these types of events in a regular basis.”
    Glad to see that the club is taking the CCL seriously.

Hopefully they can build the depth in the pre-season to handle both the CCL and the league.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say Sky dome. . . not only for temperature but. . . with all of us ther in the lower bowl, I think it woudl be LOUD!

we will be JONESING for TFC live action by then!!!!!!!!!!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE taking on a fan over scalping???

an interesting story LOL

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/...rn=nba-wp10011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Q&A with Henry ... (hope not repost, did search):

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/1...thierry-henry/

And Landy takes the cake:

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_19253079
    Last edited by GBV; 11-03-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

(Note, the above picture does not include an image of Michalkoff. In fact, we're pretty sure that's Steve Schirripa, flanked by a person Steve probably thinks is Tom Arnold, Charlie Sheen in his "Iron Chef" costume, a young Justin Bieber, an old Mark-Paul Gosslear wondering how mobile phones got so small, and obviously Mike D'Antoni. Also seated in the front row is author J.D. Salinger, in a photo taken before his death in January of 2010, wearing some sort of felt dinosaur costume in order to preserve his anonymity.)
    LOL...

but seriously, MLSE should name the new row 'Row Zero', then buddy an still have 'First Row' tickets (just not front row).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STINSON CALLED UP FOR CMNT

www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?2400-Canada-announces-roster-for-home-and-away-vs.-St.-Kitts
    Last edited by Dkolish3; 11-03-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for Stinson! And Morgan gets another call up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    I say Sky dome. . . not only for temperature but. . . with all of us ther in the lower bowl, I think it woudl be LOUD!

we will be JONESING for TFC live action by then!!!!!!!!!!
    Why not just open the dome. Then it's "cold" for the opposing team to freeze and you have everything set up that an indoor place needs.

BMO should be upgraded though for the colder times though...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what makes everyone think we'll have an advantage, I'm sure the players will bloody hate it for us as well. They aren't playing in these temps day in and day out in a match setting.

Anyway, the Seattle/RSL match was fantastic last night. Can't wait for tonight's MLS Playoffs.
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    Q&A with Henry ... (hope not repost, did search):

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/1...thierry-henry/

And Landy takes the cake:

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_19253079
    that's a good interview with Henry. and Landycakes admits that he used to be a diver. at least he's honest
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting tweet from Ives Garlarcep about Carl Robinson possibly joining the Whitecaps coaching staff.

http://twitter.com/#!/SoccerByIves/s...23065046933504

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good for Carl Robinson if that's true. He always seemed like a "teacher" type at TFC for the young guys. And he does have his coaching licenses, and he knows MLS well... something Rennie and Ritchie don't. He could provide MLS scouting and player advice too... knowing what it's like to be a player in this league.
    Last edited by rocker; 11-03-2011 at 01:25 PM.