Thread: Training Ground

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Training Ground

I'm surprised nobody has commented on the renderings of the new training ground posted on the team website.

Looks top notch!

http://www.torontofc.ca/trainingground

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look like the same renderings they had on display at the town hall meetings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What`s the deal with the snowflake at half? And is the gridiron with the track ours or someone else's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishnicker View Post
    What`s the deal with the snowflake at half? And is the gridiron with the track ours or someone else's?
    Those existing fields are part of Downsview park right now. I'm not sure if they will be incorporated into the training facility or still be available to the public. Does anyone know if these facilities will be rented out like BMO was at the beginning? I'm guessing they will right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think 3 fields are available to the public...when tfc

the reason i have no comment is they pre-emptively launched this page; notice how ground layout and facility layout = "coming soon" - everything else they have shown numerous times

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 fields are open to public for more then 3 years,on one of them they instaled a bubble last week.TFC fields will be grass fields and privately owned by MLSE and therfore no public use.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.downsviewpark.ca/eng/tfcacademy.shtml

Has more info on the fields that are still downsview park. You'll notice in one of the 3D renderings the bubble has the "snowflake" on it. I think it's actually supposed to be the flower thing that is downsview park's logo.

TFCA will be playing their games here now, right? Interesting that they don't appear to have any plans for some form of seating, even a high school type bleacher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my bad, haven't been in town for a couple months so didn't go to any of the meetings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster_TFC View Post
    http://www.downsviewpark.ca/eng/tfcacademy.shtml

Has more info on the fields that are still downsview park. You'll notice in one of the 3D renderings the bubble has the "snowflake" on it. I think it's actually supposed to be the flower thing that is downsview park's logo.

TFCA will be playing their games here now, right? Interesting that they don't appear to have any plans for some form of seating, even a high school type bleacher.
    Looks like there were a few changes. One of the fields that TFC will use is artificial which I assume is for winter. The goalie field area was either scrapped or moved on the other side of the facility.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Bomb
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.