Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC 2011 goals compilation

found on youtube
    Last edited by Yohan; 11-01-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a great compilation.

one thing that really stands out for me is koevermans' movemnet. he scored a lot of goals off crosses into the penalty area, and he always seeems to be free. you think 'how can the defence leave him that wide open, but just watch him before the balls played in, he'll make a little run, or change direction and all of a sudden he's in a yeard of space, and if the ball comes to him, then he'll bury it.

seriously good forward play. remarkably so.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something else that Koevermans often does, but that isn't really visible in this compilation: after a run, he'll suddenly stop dead in his tracks, somewhere in front of goal. He suddenly looks gassed or uninterested, sometimes even puts his hands on his hips. The result: a defender that was marking him quite closely, may also lose interest & drift away from him. Next thing you know, Koevermans is open for a cross, or totally free to make another little run & tap in a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great video, nice work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Koevermans makes you wonder how Barrett is even a professional soccer player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts....And here we thought Martina actually had some talent....LOL!....And much to my surprise Soolsma seemed to be involved in a lot more goals than I would have imagined...oh...and of course JP and DK are both BRILLIANT!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    Koevermans makes you wonder how Barrett is even a professional soccer player.
    On the LA Galaxy no less, who are killing the league this season. Barrett has 7 goals & 5 assists this season with LA. Oh well.

One thing that surprised me when I saw this video... that we even scored 30 goals this season....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great collection and surprisingly good video quality. Kudos to whoever did this!

Certainly TFC is not offensively challenged.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-01-2011 at 09:20 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we all knew it, but just to point out that the great majority of goals came from the 2nd half of the season when the DPs had arrived.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I think we all knew it, but just to point out that the great majority of goals came from the 2nd half of the season when the DPs had arrived.
    Interesting that DeRo's lone goal for TFC didn't make it in. Maybe the editor just wanted to focus mostly on the current squad.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-01-2011 at 09:23 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice video. It's encouraging that the majority of those goals were scored by players that will be a key part of our club moving forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Interesting that DeRo's lone goal for TFC didn't make it in. Maybe the editor just wanted to focus on the current squad.
    It did, it was the first goal in the video.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It did, it was the first goal in the video.
    hmmm... must be distracted!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Something else that Koevermans often does, but that isn't really visible in this compilation: after a run, he'll suddenly stop dead in his tracks, somewhere in front of goal. He suddenly looks gassed or uninterested, sometimes even puts his hands on his hips. The result: a defender that was marking him quite closely, may also lose interest & drift away from him. Next thing you know, Koevermans is open for a cross, or totally free to make another little run & tap in a goal.
    i chatted with eric avila on saturday about that type of situation with danny k; the tying goal in the season ender against new england, the ball works its way out to the left side to avila, and on the video, koevermans stops at the top of the box and just walks for a couple steps, then he just books it back post and hammers the cross home. that kind of instinctiveness is baffling to me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brandrews View Post
    i chatted with eric avila on saturday about that type of situation with danny k; the tying goal in the season ender against new england, the ball works its way out to the left side to avila, and on the video, koevermans stops at the top of the box and just walks for a couple steps, then he just books it back post and hammers the cross home. that kind of instinctiveness is baffling to me.

He has the best movement of any player I have ever seen on TFC or maybe even the league. It's quite impressive. And a little funny that teams have not caught on to it. He is going to torch this league next year until managers smarten up. Bad defending doesn't hurt as much when you're defending Chad Barrett, but when you've got a cold-blooded assassin like Danny K, he'll burn you good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great video, I'm going to save it for whenever I need to cheer myself up .

My favourite was the second Martina goal in the home opener. Hell of a goal, extra special for me as it was my first TFC game and I was in the south stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    He has the best movement of any player I have ever seen on TFC or maybe even the league. It's quite impressive. And a little funny that teams have not caught on to it. He is going to torch this league next year until managers smarten up. Bad defending doesn't hurt as much when you're defending Chad Barrett, but when you've got a cold-blooded assassin like Danny K, he'll burn you good.
    haha...cold-blooded assassin...awesome.

chad barrett usually defends himself if you just leave him alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a fun video to watch!

One thing about this season -- I think we saw more "pretty" goals than any past season. My father used to rant and rave about 1) TFC's inability to score, and 2) when TFC did score in past seasons, the goals used to be plumber type of goals coming from scrambles or battles. But this season a greater number of players scored a good number of attractive goals....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Noticed a lot of goals that even up matches late. Just imagine if this team was stronger defensively. Geez.

Koevermans is more of a silent killer, but Plata has a knack for flair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm loving watching julian's goal against dc again; i was so freakin' happy when that went in, and it was such a beautiful goal.

i'm easy to find, i'll be at the bottom having fun!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reminded just how much I hate the crew after watching that video lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That gave me goosebumps, great stuff going over this season and some of its greatest moments.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, who's gonna do the "worst 30 goals against" compilation, just to keep us in touch with reality?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, who's gonna do the "worst 30 goals against" compilation, just to keep us in touch with reality?
    All we need is a video montage of Iro and Harden.

Although I'lll admit that they both improved their form substantially down the stretch, especially Harden.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 11-01-2011 at 11:59 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha if we did it all TFC time we would be seeing a lot of nick garcia. just looking at mls goals of year, shocking to see we only got one there

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plata did score a lot of memorable goals
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the goal at 5:35. Great distribution from Avila, great cross from Morgan, Boom! Danny K.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't really need that. If Winter & Mariner can't replace our two CBs with much better starters, I would be surprised. Even Cann coming back would be an improvement.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncle p View Post
    I was reminded just how much I hate the crew after watching that video lol
    Funny, I was thinking about how much I dislike the yellow team when I saw the first goal against them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, if this guy hadn't made a video compilation for this year I was definitely going to take a stab at it because there were some great goals this season. I like his ranking of the goals as well, pretty much spot on. Only thing I didn't like was that avril lavign ? song but I was distracted by the goals so it didn't make a big difference anyways.

Great job!