Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emailed my rep - I haven't met Wayne but there are a handful of ushers at BMO that deserve recognition, not punishment, for the addition to the experience. I personally have always loved dealing with Enyo in 112 (sp?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone sould send this story off the the the toronto star or the sun!.
    I bet the would love to do a story about MLSE

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huphup View Post
    Emailed my rep - I haven't met Wayne but there are a handful of ushers at BMO that deserve recognition, not punishment, for the addition to the experience. I personally have always loved dealing with Enyo in 112 (sp?)

Thanks!!! Really appreciate it. Trying to get a hold o Wayne to see if there is any more info.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will contact some people I know at the front office operations to see what can be sorted out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huphup View Post
    believe its fabio and emio (mabye its emilo)

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I talked to Wayne and got the whole story.

Wayne works at BMO and Rogers Centre.

Mid summer he was approached by his team lead who said he must work ACC and BMO.

Here's the kicker. The usher jobs are unionized at ACC and Wayne would have to put his name on the list and they would go down the list giving jobs, which means, he may not even work at ACC, so he politely declined because the 2 jobs at Rogers (usher and tour guide) keep him busy along with working at BMO.

Well he started to notice that other workers were getting the new uniforms and he didn't. Also, he's worked the TFC games but has noticed that they stopped scheduling him for the other games such as the Canada games, etc.

He's talked to the union and waiting to hear back. Nada yet. He was told that MLSE works slow so he may not find out if he's fired until June next year.....

He's gonna keep us posted!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your concern Nancy ! We are lucky to have Wayne as our "Mayor of 111" (and 110). I made mention of his plight to my ticket rep today. Hopefully his story will become legendary. A nicer man you could not meet, and I think your interest in his plight says a lot about what he brings to our game day experience. It's too bad that, as usual in these cases, politics and union policy works against what is right and proper.
    "Wayne for Mayor" !

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second the motion! "Wayne for Mayor"!!
    Section 110 row 20
    Toronto 'til I die!:scarf:
    Columbus 03/29/08 Montreal 05/27/08 Chicago 07/12/08 Columbus 03/28/09 The Montreal Miracle 06/18/09 New England 4/10/10 Montreal 5/12/10 Montreal 3/16/13

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerken View Post
    Thanks for your concern Nancy ! We are lucky to have Wayne as our "Mayor of 111" (and 110). I made mention of his plight to my ticket rep today. Hopefully his story will become legendary. A nicer man you could not meet, and I think your interest in his plight says a lot about what he brings to our game day experience. It's too bad that, as usual in these cases, politics and union policy works against what is right and proper.
    "Wayne for Mayor" !
    Thanks! It speaks volumes that u guys are helping me out. I mentioned that o
    Wayne and (he kinda sounded like he was starting to get emotional) and said he had the best fans ever!!!

Thanks to everyone for your help

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    I will contact some people I know at the front office operations to see what can be sorted out.
    U Rock! Thank you!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    believe its fabio and emio (mabye its emilo)
    Its Fab and Elio.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wayne is gentle man, who hopefully will stay with us. He definitely softens the harsh dealings of MLSE. He gets upset when you miss saying hi to him, lol...and wanted a photo of me and my wife with him....just a rare decent human being.......sent a notorious long letter/e-mail to MLSE and rep....if we're lucky.....waiting/hoping
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Its Fab and Elio.
    my bad; get it confused esp. when they wear other name tags haha

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Wayne is gentle man, who hopefully will stay with us. He definitely softens the harsh dealings of MLSE. He gets upset when you miss saying hi to him, lol...and wanted a photo of me and my wife with him....just a rare decent human being.......sent a notorious long letter/e-mail to MLSE and rep....if we're lucky.....waiting/hoping
    Thanks Jazzy and Julie! U guy rock! It means a lot to wayne!

Just a side note - he has a mom whose 90! She's pretty mobile but he keeps an eye on her as she's had a fall or 2 so working at ACC is just way too much for him. What a guy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are also sad about hearing Wayne is being phased(tossed) out, I always look forward to seeing Wayne at the matches, he has become one of the people you want to see at BMO, it just not the same when Wayne is not there. There has never been any sort of trouble, because Wayne is excellent at what he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simon7074 View Post
    I second the motion! "Wayne for Mayor"!!
    Somehow I can't picture Wayne screaming "Don't you bitches know who I am? I'm Wayne the Fucking Usher!"

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone heard back from MLSE?
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Has anyone heard back from MLSE?
    I know one of the guys is looking into it. It sounds rather complicated though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Wayne fan here. Just wanted to voice my support for a very nice man. Always shakes my hand and gives me a warm welcome when I arrive. The respect he has earned can control a crowd better than half a dozen yellow jackets. I sent an email to MLSE and I encourage other to do so as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a chat every game with Wayne as we sit on the aisle in row 6 of 110. He truly is a gentleman and is part of our game day experience. Everytime there is a new usher I ask where Wayne is and then they tell me that everybody asks the same question.

I'm glad the OP started this thread. I have written to my ticket rep also. Wayne was almost in tears on the last game of the season. Our section takes pics at the end of the season with all of us that hang at games and Wayne is always in them.

I hope they can figure something out for him as he really enjoys being at BMO and I can't imagine him not being there.

Sad.

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey folks. Thanks to everyone for your kind words. I haven't heard back from Wayne yet. But if I hear anything more I'll let u know. Of course my rep hasnt gotten back to me.
    If I hear anything I'll post! Thanks again! We got some great RPBers here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Click* Sent! Short, poignant, and hopefully of great consequence! Good luck to Wayner!

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so here's the latest - this email was sent to wayne:

"Hi Nancy I got a registered letter from Kevin Kenpke who is my big boss .It said either register for training by nov 11th to work at ACC or I will be terminated"

ps the training is for new hires that teaches them how to be ushers... Guess they are forcing him to take the ACC work or get booted from BMO. Sad...nice way MLSE treats their employees.
    Maybe Wayne should attend the training for new hires and facilitate it! I'm sure the newbies could learn something new.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^
    This whole situation really pisses me off.

Here we have a devoted employee who is a key piece of making the game day atmosphere at BMO what it is, and MLSE is trying to force him out.

Email(s) sent.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nancymiranda View Post
    His direct manager said it's because he had to choose one or the other and he can't because it doesn't bring in enough $$$.
    Interesting. It might be a similar situation to that of one of my sons friends.

He works for two distinct arms of a large organization which makes heavy use of part time employees. They are always being very careful not to assign him too many hours at either job for fear that the sum of the two might add up to full time hours for a long enough time period that they would have to classify him as a full timer and pay him benefits!

Things always seem to get a little muddled when union membership and full time vs part time arguments get involved.

I'm still hoping Wayne comes out of it all right.

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Everyone:

Instead of starting a new post I thought I'd just add to this one.
    Just received an email from Wayne. His last game at BMO will be tomorrow (Tuesday Nov 15th).

His daughter is quite ill and it doesnt' look as if she will on this earth for very long. This is such sad news.

So for those of you who know Wayne... I'm sure he's appreciate a kind word; smile or hug from you guys! If you want to keep in touch with him, ask him for his email! He''ll gladly give it to you!

Thanks for everyone who put in a kind word for him. Speaks volume of the classy people we have! Glad to call you guys my brothers and sisters....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my favourite things about game day is marching up that stairwell to be met by my pal Wayne. I hope to be half as humble, half as positive, half as genuine as that guy when I’m older. He’s the grandfather we all want in life.

I’ve sent off my firm but short email to MLSE and begged them to do the humanly thing here, sadly I suspect they don’t care.

I pray for his daughter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nancymiranda View Post
    Hi Everyone:

Instead of starting a new post I thought I'd just add to this one.
    Just received an email from Wayne. His last game at BMO will be tomorrow (Tuesday Nov 15th).

His daughter is quite ill and it doesnt' look as if she will on this earth for very long. This is such sad news.

So for those of you who know Wayne... I'm sure he's appreciate a kind word; smile or hug from you guys! If you want to keep in touch with him, ask him for his email! He''ll gladly give it to you!
    omg that is so sad i saw him last night because i decided to go to my seats for the second half...but i didn't realise it was his last game or that his daughter was ill.

he shall be missed