Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congratulations to dwayne de rosario for both winning the mvp and for tying the canadian goal scoring record directly in front of supporters that he loves; i'm super happy for him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grats to him.... he did have a good season and helped DC turn its ship. As for his time with TFC...it's done and over time to move on.

I am an Online Pole
    RPB Twitter and Facebook Bitch (http://www.twitter.com/redpatchboys)
    Pride...Passion...Purpose...and DRANK

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    You aren't stiring anything with me. He was always a good player. The question was always around the baggage that he brought with him.

I do think he had a little bit of an extra push wanting to put up some good numbers. Apparently, that desire to add to his stats was part of the reason he fell out of favor in NY.

Regardless, great individual campaign for him. Many aspiring players would love the numbers he put up

I don't disagree that he had a little more motivation this year that may have added to his performance. But isn't that what you want from a player? Someone who performs and then when given reason, takes it to the next level?

And do you have any evidence that he "fell out of favour" in NY? Given what I showed you in a post a few days about about the timing of his trade and the statements from Backe and Soler just weeks before the trade, can you prove your theory?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Ro's "falling out" at New York had to do with the fact that New York was leaking goals like TFC and needed to plug the gap. They also had an issue where it appeared they wouldn't be able to keep him due to combined salaries of De Ro's, Marquez, Henry. They made a choice to ship De Ro out in for a defensive midfielder to fix the issue. Turns out Marquez was a real cancer in the squad and they wished they hadn't moved De Ro and they had the info they did.

I don't know why this is still being discussed. Apparently, Pookie, you just flat out ignore newspaper articles that completely disagree with your point of view.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Yes and those that live in the past...

I'm for more discussing, ranting even. Less whimpering.
    Of course it's not surprising that pointing out a relevant and salient fact about this team and it's screw-ups is "whimpering".

And it's only in the "past" when the parties involved are no longer with TFC. So long as there are parties involved in the DeRo debacle still with this team, it's not the past, it's a part of the overall performance to be judged. Surely even you agree that performance analysis is necessary. So the question is will you selectively use what suits you to generate that performance evaluation? Surely something that happened 7 months ago is relevant to someone's performance evaluation THIS year?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    De Ro's "falling out" at New York had to do with the fact that New York was leaking goals like TFC and needed to plug the gap. They also had an issue where it appeared they wouldn't be able to keep him due to combined salaries of De Ro's, Marquez, Henry. They made a choice to ship De Ro out in for a defensive midfielder to fix the issue. Turns out Marquez was a real cancer in the squad and they wished they hadn't moved De Ro and they had the info they did.

I don't know why this is still being discussed. Apparently, Pookie, you just flat out ignore newspaper articles that completely disagree with your point of view.
    I do like how it's become a "falling out" all of a sudden. Like I have mentioned many times before, when someone wants a particular narrative believed, all you have to do is state it as if it is fact, and keep repeating it, and eventually it becomes a part of accepted "history" on this board. No facts or substantiation necesssary.
    Last edited by Roogsy; 11-18-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dero left nyrb so they could free up enough cap room to sign frank rost

just like dero leaving tfc let us sign koef and frings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I do like how it's become a "falling out" all of a sudden. Like I have mentioned many times before, when someone wants a particular narrative believed, all you have to do is state is if it is fact, and keep repeating it, and eventually it becomes a part of accepted "history" on a forum. No facts or substantiation necesssary.
    MYP

Welcome to Canadian Soccer.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I never called him a cancer. I said it wasnt working out for him in NY as he wasn't the main guy.

As for newspapers, I read quite well thank you. For instance, I read this:

"He didn't work out here, he didn't score," Soler said. "He's a great player as long as he has the ball, and we already have those kinds of players here.... He's not a guy that likes to play a complementary role. He didn't fit in... We know that Theirry Henry needs the ball, and on a smaller scale DeRo is the same. "

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/1...nd-peeks-ahead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to Dero, in my opinion, he deserved it.

I hate the thought in pro-sports that the MVP has to be on a "playoff or good team".

The league reconized his play all season, even in three uniforms (where in NA sports, trades are a fact of life).

Good for him, congrats to him, lets hope this makes his play for Canada in qualifying even better (some motivation or whatevs) and the CMNT keep'r'going and earn a spot in the big show (big goal - but you gotta dream big!)
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course it's not surprising that pointing out a relevant and salient fact about this team and it's screw-ups is "whimpering".

And it's only in the "past" when the parties involved are no longer with TFC. So long as there are parties involved in the DeRo debacle still with this team, it's not the past, it's a part of the overall performance to be judged. Surely even you agree that performance analysis is necessary. So the question is will you selectively use what suits you to generate that performance evaluation? Surely something that happened 7 months ago is relevant to someone's performance evaluation THIS year?
    While I hope we move on from the De Ro issue in the coming year, when it comes to discussing the performance of the club's senior management, it should /ALWAYS/ be brought up.

Screw ups of that magnitude in any normal business would result in a firing, but not at TFC.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I hope we move on from the De Ro issue in the coming year, when it comes to discussing the performance of the club's senior management, it should /ALWAYS/ be brought up.

Screw ups of that magnitude in any normal business would result in a firing, but not at TFC.
    Shit...Leaf fans STILL talk about trades like Sittler and McDonald. We still get angry over Fraser's call in the '93 playoffs.

But trading away an MLS MVP for a bag of balls and then suffering an embarrassingly bad year is something that should be accepted and forgotten immediately.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like how you ignore the fact that it has been published that DC initially offered more but NY didn't pull the trigger. Much like with the NBA, once your best offer on the table is rejected, you often offer less in subsequent negotiations. The fact that Soler and Winter didn't get maximum for DeRo is precisely because both played their hands wrong.
    what's the max trade value for a player that is threatening to hold out?

Seems like there weren't many card players at this game.

Iguess he has been trying to prove a point for 10 years because he has been performing like a winner throughout his career. In fact, can you point to a poor year DeRo has had?
    A poor year DeRo has had? Nope.

A poor year for teams DeRo has played on? Yep

This is classic rewriting of history. I told you guys multiple teams were bidding on DeRo.
    So, we are to believe that both TFC and NY, despite multiple teams supposedly jerking themselves silly over the thought of having DeRo, opted to take the lowest offer on the table?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact they didn't even try to salvage it is something fans should not be happy about and yet seem to care very little, just like we barely whimpered about the pathetic record this year.

Wimpering was your term.

from a page earlier this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post

I wonder, though, if rooting out any and all persons on our team responsible in dealing with this possible MVP would be the best way for the progress of this club. Perhaps written apologies from all TFC management?
    Sorry, where was I discrediting his performance? Performance is critical to worth but is not the entire measurement.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we can sit here and mumble how bad the trade was or good until we turn blue. It doesn't change that it happened and perhaps it was a poor decision by winter perhaps it was a good one. Either way it happened; I think the concern is these threads quickly turn into a whimsical circular argument which neither side will concede to.

I am an Online Pole
    RPB Twitter and Facebook Bitch (http://www.twitter.com/redpatchboys)
    Pride...Passion...Purpose...and DRANK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Celebrate the MVP in here I say........
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    A poor year teams at DeRo has played on have had? Yep
    Not sure what that proves. Every player plays on teams that have had poor years. On Toronto FC can we really say that the poor years we have our entire existance fall on DeRo's shoulders or elsewhere like Anselmi and MoJo?

COnsidering before he arrived he was a multiple winner of awards, while he was here he won us our only awards and after he left he continues to win awards says more than your correlation about how he played on teams that have had poor years. Its no coincidence that those poor years were with Toronto FC.

So, we are to believe that both TFC and NY, despite multiple teams supposedly jerking themselves silly over the thought of having DeRo, opted to take the lowest offer on the table?
    No, if you chose to read the relevant articles you would have been better informed and realized that teams offered more than both Toronto and NY wound up receiving. Except that both Toronto and NY decided to waffle and waste time and lollygag and by the time they decided to come back to the negotiating table, the offers had changed. I am not sure how that is hard to believe since it happens all the time, and we're seeing it happen in the NBA. Believe me, I think the players walked away from the best offer they were going to get from the owners and will wind up getting less AND have lost the season. I don't know how much experience you have in negotiations but it's a tough game and there are always winners and losers.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very happy for him.I coached against him while he played for St Andrews in Scarborough.I knew than that he was going to be a star and just for that painfull record he always managed to score at least 5 goals aganst my team every game.He was simply amazing.Good show,little creep as I called him and still do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Up!

"It's a major award!" (Christmas Story Reference)

Best talent to come out of Scarborough since Kish.

Yet another embarrassment for MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats Dero. We should credit Anselmi and Mojo for brining him here in the first place, but we can also blame them for not knowing what to do with him once he was here. Such a waste for TFC as a whole. Short sighted management is hopefully now in our past.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KISH!

Oh man blast from the past.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Big Up!

"It's a major award!" (Christmas Story Reference)

Best talent to come out of Scarborough since Kish.

Yet another embarrassment for MLSE.
    Nice one!

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That lamp isn't the MVP award, is it?

Anyways, with us now knowing who won, we close this thread.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto