Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    That's Chinese $$$$ fer ya...

But now apparently David Trezuguet has bailed on Bani Yas in the UAE...huh.
    you posted this exactly before I posted mine, but this is exactly the case, dudes think the cash is all theyll need for a season somewhere they wouldnt go otherwise but then realize they arent used to the lifestyle and dont dig it. These contracts in countries like that are akin to being a show pony.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im sure the injury didnt help in trezuguets case either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    latest in ? to LA rumour, Dirk Kuyt

http://www.footylatest.com/la-galaxy...-signing/25477

Wow, I hope not. Would hate to have to play against him in the CCL.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    you posted this exactly before I posted mine, but this is exactly the case, dudes think the cash is all theyll need for a season somewhere they wouldnt go otherwise but then realize they arent used to the lifestyle and dont dig it. These contracts in countries like that are akin to being a show pony.
    That's EXACTLY it, OMY...Anelka will be in for a rude shock when he gets to Shanghai. He's going to be the Shenhua owners' show pony, a toy -- nothing more. Just something to show to the world that "hey, we've got money!"

...and since Shanghai isn't even in the Asian Champions League, I don't know why else they would. Even Guangzhou's owners (who is pretty damn set on winning and has gotten a domestic title so far and a slot in next years' Champions League) wouldn't waste his money on him, which says a lot.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Trezeguet is apparently is a free agent now
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trezeguet is apparently is a free agent now
    If his knee holds up I could see someone offering him a DP contract.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS has signed 25 yr old former PSV reserve winger Lee Nguyen, who will be allocated via a lottery. he has 3 USMNT caps

he may be an interesting fit. already knows 4-3-3 system and a winger. could add depth to TFC
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Straight trade for Beckham.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA close to signing Alajuelense's 30yr old Brazilian midfielder Marcelo Sarvas

http://translate.google.com/translat...dor-del-galaxy

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

America de Cali says they are close to signing David Ferreira from Dallas

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omar Bravo reported to have had a falling out with Peter Vermes, and may be moving away from Kansas City

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    when Josue looks down at his uni, he's gonna still think he's in Costa Rica; he'll still see that stupid Bimbo logo LOL

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle signs 30yr old Austrian GK Michael Gspurning

http://www.soundersfc.com/News/Artic...ng-In-Net.aspx

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This gent's name will have copy editors throughout North America reaching for their red pens when they go through each match report involving SSFC.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    This gent's name will have copy editors throughout North America reaching for their red pens when they go through each match report involving SSFC.
    The pronouncers will be flying onto TV news scripts faster than...um...oh never mind.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there any other MLS teams that need a #1 keeper next year? We're running out of options to get any value out of Frei if we are in fact going to ship him...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    Are there any other MLS teams that need a #1 keeper next year? We're running out of options to get any value out of Frei if we are in fact going to ship him...
    I'd wait until after jan transfer window in case some of the GKs 'training' in Europe gets picked up (Sean Johnson, Bill Hamid, etc)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^We may not need to trade him. If we get a GA or two in the draft (maybe 1 CB) they don't count to the salary cap. Trade or release Cann and/or Sturgis, and remaining money can go to one quality CB

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    ^We may not need to trade him. If we get a GA or two in the draft (maybe 1 CB) they don't count to the salary cap. Trade or release Cann and/or Sturgis, and remaining money can go to one quality CB
    yep. only player who really is not required atm is Sturgis.

Dallas defender George John says he will report to Dallas camp in Jan despite interest from Villa and couple of Greek teams. I'd say he will move come next summer. he has one more year left on his contract

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago releases 23yr old former Sampdoria prospect and US U20 striker Gabriel Ferrari and 21 yr old Colombian U20 striker Cristian Nazarit

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sutton back to Montreal to support Ricketts.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...-back-montreal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    Sutton back to Montreal to support Ricketts.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...-back-montreal
    We are all gonna hate the Impact, but they really are showing how to put together a first year MLS squad, and showing how BAD TFC were at it (ok should I say how bad MoJo was!). If they do go and sign a big name DP in their first season, I'd be slightly jealous (and hope whoever it is fall over their own feet and gets a serious injury in pre season training! )

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    We are all gonna hate the Impact, but they really are showing how to put together a first year MLS squad, and showing how BAD TFC were at it (ok should I say how bad MoJo was!). If they do go and sign a big name DP in their first season, I'd be slightly jealous (and hope whoever it is fall over their own feet and gets a serious injury in pre season training! )
    i remember some people here raving about Vancouver before the first game and Hassli and being all jealous of vancouver and shit

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i remember some people here raving about Vancouver before the first game and Hassli and being all jealous of vancouver and shit
    This is true, but Montreal seem to have a better make up of squad at this moment compared to what Vancouver did this time last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Mtl and Vancouver will be opposites.

Vancouver seems to have that upper level talent MLS clubs need to succeed. Guys like Hassli and Camilo are hard to come by, they are lucky to land that much quality right out of the gate. Big piece of the puzzle solved. Their issue is that the support players on their roster are average USL quality (not good enough). Goal keeping also an issue. But those are very manageable problems to have IMO going into year two.

Montreal, seems to be loading up on lots of quality career MLS guys but I don't think they'll have the talent component they need to be successful out of the gate. Its funny that they brought in Justin Braun because Mtl strikes me as Chivas part II. I expect the football to be boring and workman like, the results to be below average, and Cheese-man to lose his shit sometime in the near future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh good for Sutton BTW, I was concerned he'd be out of the league once he left TFC. He continues to stick it out and is a genuinely nice person. I hope he saves 29 out of 30 shots on net every game and the Impact lose every match one nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Oh good for Sutton BTW, I was concerned he'd be out of the league once he left TFC. He continues to stick it out and is a genuinely nice person. I hope he saves 29 out of 30 shots on net every game and the Impact lose every match one nothing.

hahahahaha +1!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think Mtl and Vancouver will be opposites.

Vancouver seems to have that upper level talent MLS clubs need to succeed. Guys like Hassli and Camilo are hard to come by, they are lucky to land that much quality right out of the gate. Big piece of the puzzle solved. Their issue is that the support players on their roster are average USL quality (not good enough). Goal keeping also an issue. But those are very manageable problems to have IMO going into year two.

Montreal, seems to be loading up on lots of quality career MLS guys but I don't think they'll have the talent component they need to be successful out of the gate. Its funny that they brought in Justin Braun because Mtl strikes me as Chivas part II. I expect the football to be boring and workman like, the results to be below average, and Cheese-man to lose his shit sometime in the near future.
    I'm going to wait on Mtl until near end of training camp.

But Vancouver lucked out on Camilo. That guy was in Maltese league FFS. And a bit of journeyman. Rumours says he's wanting more cash for next year. No wonder he couldn't stick to a team for a long time

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Anelka is signing with a team in Shanghai in the Chinese Super League. Sounds like this puts the kibosh on him going to the Impact.
    It also mention that Drogba could be going over to China as well.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/111220...nese-club.html

I find this amusing with respect to TFC. This should dispel any feeling TFC fans may have that tier 1 soccer names wouldn't come to Toronto just because we aren't LA or NY. They don't come here because MLSE doesn't want to pay. That's it.