Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    In soccer more than any other sport, I would say, one player do not a team make. NYRB, with that Henry guy there, is a mere one game above .500 heading into tonight.
    Yup, and if you follow Ives on twitter he pointed out that Henry is FAR from the Red Bulls MVP. I know one player doesn't make a team, but Dero was the poacher on a club that had a very good 3 year run, and since then hasn't had much success from a team POV. I don't think he's a bad player, just I think he gets put in roles to be a leader and it's just not him. We asked him to be our leader. Had we asked him to be Danny K, the 2nd best player on the team, a guy whos job it is to just put the ball in the net, I feel like it'd probably have gone different for him here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    ^he said they're the only MLS team to get to the semis in this version of the tourney.
    he didn't say they didn't get past the semis.
    his point is they're the only MLS team to get into semis.
    Didn't kelly say RSL went to the semis? But in reality they went to the finals and lost...no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    Didn't kelly say RSL went to the semis? But in reality they went to the finals and lost...no?
    His point was that RSL was the only MLS team to reach the semis.

Meaning they're the only MLS team to get past the quarters. Which Toronto FC are in.

Finals has nothing to do with the point that they're the only MLS team to get past the stage Toronto is currently at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Yup, and if you follow Ives on twitter he pointed out that Henry is FAR from the Red Bulls MVP. I know one player doesn't make a team, but Dero was the poacher on a club that had a very good 3 year run, and since then hasn't had much success from a team POV. I don't think he's a bad player, just I think he gets put in roles to be a leader and it's just not him. We asked him to be our leader. Had we asked him to be Danny K, the 2nd best player on the team, a guy whos job it is to just put the ball in the net, I feel like it'd probably have gone different for him here.
    Not sure I'd necessarily call a guy who scores lots of his goals from outside the 18-yard box, and who is also top five in the league in assists, a "poacher."