Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morning D.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John "J-Mo" Molinaro is now at Sportsnet. Good to see they have beefed up their soccer journalism.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morning...

I'd rather be in bed right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Kelly...can someone send him a picture of our roster properly identifying everyone...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colombian striker, Edison Chara, was murdered in Colombia. Seeing how dangerous some countries like Mexico, Brazil, and Colombia, IMO, it would be an ideal to look for young players in these countries. MLS already has a strong pocket of Colombian, Mexican and Brazillian players.

I would like to see a couple of central defenders come from these areas of the world.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kelly is actually writing better articles these days. I wonder if the long exile on the "lifestyle" pages of the Star encouraged him to improve his craft.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

FYI - FIFA Executive Committee is meeting today and tomorrow. Radical Anti-Corruption measures are not on the agenda, but are expected to be released to the media late tomorrow.

FIFA Ex-Co Preview - Reforms are Toughest Test of Blatter's Career

Don't expect much.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does a story that confirms every crazy thing you've ever thought about Columbus count as RPB news?

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...um-County.html
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Does a story that confirms every crazy thing you've ever thought about Columbus count as RPB news?

An absolutely deplorable story.

Haven't they heard of tranquilizer guns?

It makes me sick to my stomach that they murdered all those exotic animals because of their own incompetence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Danny Koevermans started the run,” de Guzman said. “I was available in the midfield, so once that pass came to me, I knew Plata was on his way, so just to get it to him in that space. ... ”
    This is the best part of the interviews and comments I've seen.

He knew Plata was going to make a run. in the past that really didn't seem to be the case. The Boys know when someone is going to make a run, they know where to look, that is something that is great to see... I really can't wait for next season.

We all kinda said this season was a write off, we knew that, so long as we saw improvement at the end of the season we'd be happy.

Here we are, and that is it.

If we don't make the playoffs next season I'm T-Ping the MLSE building.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

No, it's definitely Off-Topic.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d

nigel reed is spot on as usual

cathal kelly is a wanker as always
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    This is the best part of the interviews and comments I've seen.

He knew Plata was going to make a run. in the past that really didn't seem to be the case. The Boys know when someone is going to make a run, they know where to look, that is something that is great to see... I really can't wait for next season.

We all kinda said this season was a write off, we knew that, so long as we saw improvement at the end of the season we'd be happy.

Here we are, and that is it.

If we don't make the playoffs next season I'm T-Ping the MLSE building.
    x2 see my sig
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    mornin d

nigel reed is spot on as usual

cathal kelly is a wanker as always
    kelly also got the fact that RSL made it to the finals wrong
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    kelly also got the fact that RSL made it to the finals wrong
    except they did, oh nvermind he said they only made it to the semis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^he said they're the only MLS team to get to the semis in this version of the tourney.
    he didn't say they didn't get past the semis.
    his point is they're the only MLS team to get into semis.
    Last edited by GBV; 10-20-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kelly is an exceptionally talented wordsmith and an intellectually lazy journalist who uses everything from obfuscation and confabulation to direct ad hominems to score points one way or the other.

He'd be a talent if he stuck to writing about things he cared about. Soccer is quite obviously not one of those things.

In other news, DeRo cements his place as a team player as DC is knocked out of the playoffs:

"Another year for me that I’m not going to make the playoffs,” he said. “It’s tough to swallow, to be honest.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Another year for me that I’m not going to make the playoffs,” he said. “It’s tough to swallow, to be honest.”

Wow, that's really telling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post

How about we play fair -- quelle concept -- and include the rest of the quotes, too:

WASHINGTON — For most of the second half, it was quite clear that D.C. United midfielder Dwayne De Rosario wasn’t operating at 100 percent. With pain in his right shin, he labored through the final 45 but still managed to score in D.C.’s 1-1 draw with Portland.

“I’ve actually been kicked in the same spot about three games in a row now, and at halftime I didn’t think I would be able to make it,” he said after the game. “Sometimes you just have to suck it up and play for your team and that’s what I tried to do.”

But it wasn’t enough. The result eliminated United from playoff contention, and De Rosario took that consequence personally.

“Another year for me that I’m not going to make the playoffs,” he said. “It’s tough to swallow, to be honest.”

The Canadian international has won four MLS Cups in his career: two with San Jose in 2001 and 2003, and two with Houston in 2006 and 2007. But he has now missed out on the postseason three years in a row. He spent the 2009 and 2010 seasons with Toronto FC, both years failing to reach the postseason. He started this season again with Toronto then was traded to New York in April before being acquired by D.C. in June.

“It was disheartening,” De Rosario, whose career-high 15th goal pushed him into the lead in the Golden Boot race. “But it isn’t [disheartening] in the sense that we showed some fight. It was another learning opportunity for a lot of us. We’re happy that the supporters stuck with us through the whole game, which means a lot to us as players.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    How about we play fair -- quelle concept -- and include the rest of the quotes, too:

WASHINGTON — For most of the second half, it was quite clear that D.C. United midfielder Dwayne De Rosario wasn’t operating at 100 percent. With pain in his right shin, he labored through the final 45 but still managed to score in D.C.’s 1-1 draw with Portland.

“I’ve actually been kicked in the same spot about three games in a row now, and at halftime I didn’t think I would be able to make it,” he said after the game. “Sometimes you just have to suck it up and play for your team and that’s what I tried to do.”

But it wasn’t enough. The result eliminated United from playoff contention, and De Rosario took that consequence personally.

“Another year for me that I’m not going to make the playoffs,” he said. “It’s tough to swallow, to be honest.”

The Canadian international has won four MLS Cups in his career: two with San Jose in 2001 and 2003, and two with Houston in 2006 and 2007. But he has now missed out on the postseason three years in a row. He spent the 2009 and 2010 seasons with Toronto FC, both years failing to reach the postseason. He started this season again with Toronto then was traded to New York in April before being acquired by D.C. in June.

“It was disheartening,” De Rosario, whose career-high 15th goal pushed him into the lead in the Golden Boot race. “But it isn’t [disheartening] in the sense that we showed some fight. It was another learning opportunity for a lot of us. We’re happy that the supporters stuck with us through the whole game, which means a lot to us as players.”
    So you think that last quote somehow makes up for the first one? That not including it was somehow disingenuous? Naive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post

Note the bold and underlined type. I think THAT's really telling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting article up on the 11.ca

http://the11.ca/2011/10/19/tfcs-succ...2-ncc-schedule

He basically points out how playing in CCL will affect our schedule but this led me to realize the insane amount of games (57 including MLS, Playoffs, NCC, and CCL) that Toronto could play next year, and the fact that fixture congestion could kill our hopes and chances

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    So you think that last quote somehow makes up for the first one? That not including it was somehow disingenuous? Naive.
    Ah jeez. I laugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the new york-philly game, you'd think with new york fighting for their lives they'd have more than a half-empty stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good goal by richards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    Watching the new york-philly game, you'd think with new york fighting for their lives they'd have more than a half-empty stadium.
    Yeah, pretty shitty. You'd think a nice, new stadium like that would be sold out every game.
    Missed the goal though. Damnit.
    Phil has a 16 year old playing? Woah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post

Um, the quotes have no relation to each other. Feel bad for him he got kicked in the shin, don't see what that has to do with the quote that was already mentioned. Also, if Dero is MLS mvp, it does lend some credibility to the argument that he isn't the type of player to throw teammates on his back and carry them is he? He literally could have done nothing more for DC, but they were 5-9-6 after getting him. 21 points in 20 matches isn't terrible (in the same span (since June 27) TFC has 20 points. Obviously CL not included), but it's not like they were world beaters. I feel bad for the guy. He's definitely a poacher but he can't be asked to be the engine of a team. or even the spark plug. He's Nos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Um, the quotes have no relation to each other. Feel bad for him he got kicked in the shin, don't see what that has to do with the quote that was already mentioned. Also, if Dero is MLS mvp, it does lend some credibility to the argument that he isn't the type of player to throw teammates on his back and carry them is he? He literally could have done nothing more for DC, but they were 5-9-6 after getting him. 21 points in 20 matches isn't terrible (in the same span (since June 27) TFC has 20 points. Obviously CL not included), but it's not like they were world beaters. I feel bad for the guy. He's definitely a poacher but he can't be asked to be the engine of a team. or even the spark plug. He's Nos.
    In soccer more than any other sport, I would say, one player do not a team make. NYRB, with that Henry guy there, is a mere one game above .500 heading into tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both RBNY and Philly are playing like crap. RB I can understand but Philly's slip in form is a little more puzzling.