Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's Preki?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where's Preki?

Anybody know what became of him after he ran us into the ground?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No idea, but can't say I'm losing too much sleep over not knowing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last I heard, he was still living in Toronto, as well as Mo Johnston. That was at least half a year ago though, so I'm not sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL fuck Preki.

I don't know that Preki "ran us into the ground." Sure he wasn't the best manager, or even a good one, but I think he was a net-positive for the team. Got us Maicon Santos, Adrian Cann, Milos Kocic, Gargan, Harden, LaBrocca and Jacob Peterson. Also, he won the 2010 NCC, but screwed up not playing his best XI against synchronized diving gold medalists Arabe Unido (those two points would have seen us through, as we would have earned 2nd over Cruz Azul). He also openly mentioned his dislike for "Canadian players", and drove DeRo crazy IMO.

Would I want him back? Hell no. But I think he did help, in a small way, to get TFC where they are today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they're both still in town, I would fucking love to see Preki and Mo go to a game together just to see the reaction.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Preki took an assistant's job somewhere, didn't he?

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all i know is that apparently the commentators at the LA derby on the weekend were sad to see preki get fired from chivas after all the good things he did for that team

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    all i know is that apparently the commentators at the LA derby on the weekend were sad to see preki get fired from chivas after all the good things he did for that team
    That's funny, because when Preki left Chivas, the players threw a party.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I thought Preki took an assistant's job somewhere, didn't he?

- Scott
    Maybe you mean Preki's assistant while in Toronto, Leo Percovich? He's now the "First Assistant Coach" in Chicago

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preki is in Chicago too,and MO JO is moving to Kansas in December,don't know what position he will have at Sporting.(Maybe Missionary position)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    That's funny, because when Preki left Chivas, the players threw a party.
    Ultimately happiness of [some] players is not yet an indicator of a good manager. Winter, now perceived as good manager, got rid of a number of players, that may not have liked him that much either. IMO Winter & Preki have a lot in common, aside from their pedigree and tactical preferences.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knows, who cares.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we had so many managers and palyers come and go that its hard to say who fucked the team over the most. Overall i blame the upper people that you have no idea what there names or what they look like because they are behind the scenes but make the decisions, i think they made life a hell for the managers, while managers then made life hell for some players. We must of set a record for most managers/players to come and go over a 5 year period. There is no way any team probably even comes close to us in that department.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starter View Post
    Ultimately happiness of [some] players is not yet an indicator of a good manager. Winter, now perceived as good manager, got rid of a number of players, that may not have liked him that much either. IMO Winter & Preki have a lot in common, aside from their pedigree and tactical preferences.
    That's taking a very, very, general view of things.

There are specific rumored reasons why people did not like Preki, and it has nothing to do with the types of characteristics people associate with Winter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    There are specific rumored reasons why people did not like Preki.
    It'll be interesting to see if Preki gets another good job. I doubt it.

I always thought Mo would, I'm not surprised he's going to KC, and in the fullness of time I believe Mo will be seen differently around here.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if Preki gets another good job. I doubt it.

I always thought Mo would, I'm not surprised he's going to KC, and in the fullness of time I believe Mo will be seen differently around here.
    Preki could get a job at the NCAA college level where it will still work. His type of play worked in MLS in it's day, but no longer works in the modern MLS. That being said, if he had stuck around one more year, the team would probably have improved over his first year.

Winter and Preki have in common is the "team first" mentality. Both want players who work hard. Tactically, they couldn't be more different, though, and Preki's personality and ways of dealing with people meant that he never had the confidence of the ML$E brass, there is no way he could have succeeded long-term, especially with his buddy and protector gone from the F.O.

The hate level may go down with respect of Mo, but I doubt that he will be seen totally differently. People may start to partially excuse his failures, however the fact that he failed will never go away from his c.v. Also, if some of the allegedly secret stuff ever gets told, his disgrace in Toronto will be complete. I doubt that will happen, though.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-20-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Also, if some of the allegedly secret stuff ever gets told, his disgrace in Toronto will be complete. I doubt that will happen, though.
    Something tells me that's more true for Preki than for Mo.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always liked MoJo. He may have been out of his element, but he also did some good things for this franchise. He brought in many talented players, but there never seemed to be the right mix at the right time. If it wasn't for his lack of a long term vision, I think TFC might have been successful during his tenure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is my hypothesis that Preki is running the Greek economy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone going to dish on what all these rumours and "secret stuff" is all about? I always looked at Preki as the guy who couldn't inspire the team and the city with his vision of stiffling, 10 men behind the ball, long throw, kick and run football, but if there's more to the story I'd like to hear it!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes lets flood the boards with baseless personal accusations!

Come on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preki got rid of ANY player who had strong leadership abilities...like Robinson, Dicchio, and most of all Sam Cronin, who many said should have been our future Captain...Preki saw such players as a threat....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginkster88 View Post
    Yes lets flood the boards with baseless personal accusations!

Come on...
    Yeah, that's the spirit!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    Preki got rid of ANY player who had strong leadership abilities...like Robinson, Dicchio, and most of all Sam Cronin, who many said should have been our future Captain...Preki saw such players as a threat....
    Oh. That's kind of boring. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a John Terry-Wayne Bridge kind of thing.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    LOL fuck Preki.

I don't know that Preki "ran us into the ground." Sure he wasn't the best manager, or even a good one, but I think he was a net-positive for the team. Got us Maicon Santos, Adrian Cann, Milos Kocic, Gargan, Harden, LaBrocca and Jacob Peterson. Also, he won the 2010 NCC, but screwed up not playing his best XI against synchronized diving gold medalists Arabe Unido (those two points would have seen us through, as we would have earned 2nd over Cruz Azul). He also openly mentioned his dislike for "Canadian players", and drove DeRo crazy IMO.

Would I want him back? Hell no. But I think he did help, in a small way, to get TFC where they are today.
    @DichioTFC

How did Preki help?

By assembling a frankenstein roster of Eastern European cast-offs?

By forcing out four potential captains? (Don't forget Jimmy B who mysteriously became expendable after Preki's first match).

Five of the seven "net positive" players you say he brought in are no longer with the team.

The new FO spent the first half of the season undoing the havoc that Preki and Mo wreaked on the roster. I believe that we were so terrible the first half simply because Mariner and Winter needed to see where the club was at before making big moves... and then they made those moves and I'd say they're paying off so far.

Preki was a disaster. He won't get another job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    LOL fuck Preki.

I can't help but wonder, if we'd actually made it to the next round of last year's CCL, would Preki still be here? It's a scary thought.

I wouldn't give Preki all the credit for those guys. He didn't know Cann from a whole in the ground. He may have wanted the names mentioned but Johnston was the one who had to acquire them (to keep his new coach happy).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Preki probably could have stuck around and succeeded here. But it wasn't going to be done in a fashion that made anybody happy. MLS isn't the most skilled league, if you're playing terrible football in a league that's under-talented, the product is near un-watchable.

Johnston I would struggle do describe as anything but an unmitigated disaster that for some reason was allowed to continue for years on end (probably due to the cult of personality and upper brass with no soccer knowledge). The amount of excuses and bs coming out of the F.O. was disgusting and the number of people who said promises were broken were pervasive. Why on earth would anyone admire anything about that?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I always liked MoJo. He may have been out of his element, but he also did some good things for this franchise. He brought in many talented players, but there never seemed to be the right mix at the right time. If it wasn't for his lack of a long term vision, I think TFC might have been successful during his tenure.
    holy fuck. what.

one of my greatest regrets in life is not having mojo back his fucking words up and have a swing at me during the mls cup, getting him done for felony assault and having him kicked out of canada forever. i'd rather paul bernardo manage the club than that slimy, worthless lying piece of shit. it's taken 5 years to get back to zero because of that guy, and it was solely his "lack of long term vision"?
    the guy couldn't manage his pants-belt situation, much less a professional soccer team.

christ.

i mean, i'm still not completely on the winter bandwagon, but tearing that fucking mandrake root out of this club and replacing them with people who have even the slightest idea what's going on was the second decent thing the FO has ever done.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    i mean, i'm still not completely on the winter bandwagon, but tearing that fucking mandrake root out of this club and replacing them with people who have even the slightest idea what's going on was the second decent thing the FO has ever done.
    What was the first?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Oh. That's kind of boring. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a John Terry-Wayne Bridge kind of thing.
    after the world cup, my "hurry up before john terry fucks your wife!" jokes have been losing steam for delays during the game.