Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    What were the terms of that offer, again?

I suppose it depends on how serious of a shot he has in Europe. I see he was offered a contract by a German 2nd Div. club, but turned it down. I'd be curious to know what terms they offered, too.

Highly doubt he comes back here, unless it's on highly favourable terms. I wish him the best, as a young Canadian player, but he wasn't looking good in his playing time here towards the end.

- Scott

I also think its unlike he would come back but, i think he would be a better option than Harden in the 3man backline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Emory and Burgos might be willing to sign for a low, off budget amount. The Mexico club based players maybe not. "Signing Orozco and Huezo for depth" might mean using up the final 2 on-budget roster spots.
    They're both good players. Don't think they're really just "depth." Huezo could challenge Morgan and Orozco sure looked the real deal in Orlando.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh*

Conversation is once again stifled by the existence omnibus transfer thread. This policy really needs to be reconsidered (especially now that off-season is over).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nana is a nice kid, who had a rough time at the beginning of last year for a couple of reasons. Still, I don't think it would be such a good idea to bring him back. Although a good defender during his good times, he had about the toughest time on the ball, even under Preki, who didn't expect much in that department. Nana said so himself in more than one interview -- that he needed to improve on the ball. Doesn't seem the right fit in our current team. He was one of the worst at launching the ball right over the head of our much-vaunted midfield, straight to our not-so-great strikers. Also, his performance in San Jose after he left, was not very good -- even when he was healthy (only had 6 appearances with him).

I think folks like Emory, Maund, and Henry are better choices, especially from a price/performance perspective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should look into getting Berbatov on loan....he's only started 5 times this year

seriously! He's rotting away at united!

NOt a team in the league would touch us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does the fact that Vukovic's name isn't on the academy roster again mean anything?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure none of know the full story behind Nana's transfer away from TFC. I suspect something was happening in his personal life, rather than there being a footballing reason for him leaving (like, did he have a bad break up with a girlfriend or something that was really effecting him mentally? - it could have been that him leaving Toronto was for his own mental sanity?). Otherwise I don't see how the league's most impressive young player one season turns into a horrible, unconcentrated lacklustre football within 6 months of an off season?

Nana clearly has footballing skills, and if he can get his head right, for whatever reason, I'm sure he still has a good soccer future ahead of him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Sorry, no time to look up the details at the moment. But I believe both Nana's grandmothers passed away, early last year, which affected him strongly. Also, I think he really looked up to DeRo, and was therefore affected by the DeRo debacle. Finally, I think he struggled with confidence as he was expected to be calm on the ball, and to pass out of the back rather than booting it forward. He may have also been affected by his own contract negotiations -- TFC wanted to tie him up longer, before the last year of his contract, and before he could start negotiating with anyone in the world last July. I'm guessing TFC wasn't offering him as much on the longer contract as he thought he was worth. He also said publicly he wasn't confident in the new direction & long-term outlook of TFC -- didn't want to commit longer term, and wanted to keep his options open.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 03-12-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, ok, I always suspected there was something going on with his home life. I think a lot of supporters don't think about a player being human sometimes. I know we are all meant to leave our personal lives behind us when we get to work, but some things you can't avoid effecting your professional life, like deaths, illnesses and family problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/tran...cle877413.html

Taken with a grain of salt, TFC "in talks" with Salgado.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/tran...cle877413.html

Taken with a grain of salt, TFC "in talks" with Salgado.
    obviously this should be taken with a grain of salt... but why tfc? it could have some legs... tfc isnt the team that is gunna sell papers in the uk... why write the article if their wasnt some truth?

he can play rb, cb(!), and cm.. wouldnt be that bad.. plus his age may seem like a downfall.. but a certain german would beg to differ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salgado was told by Blackburn that he was free to leave, as they are looking to cut wages.

Doubt it happens though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC sign 24-year old defender Logan Emory

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Toronto FC sign 24-year old defender Logan Emory
    A D-2 player from Puerto Rico. Meh. A depth move.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/03...-signs-toronto
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As mentioned, I thought Emory did great against a 1st-string Vancouver lineup in Orlando, in the midst of a makeshift Toronto defense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno what to think about this guy or signing. Hopefully more then a depth mood however his pedigree kinda suggests otherwise

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    I dunno what to think about this guy or signing. Hopefully more then a depth mood however his pedigree kinda suggests otherwise
    Kid's hungry, can complete a pass and promises to work his ass off. Can't ask for more and watching his youtube reel he reminds you of the Cann/Nana school of defending, thoguh doesn't look hugely physical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    A D-2 player from Puerto Rico. Meh. A depth move.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/03...-signs-toronto
    Trained by Colin Clarke who has out coached us in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't see the last game against Vancouver, and I know he impressed quite a few people. But this looks like desperation. Clearly no one is convinced by Cann (rightly so in my opinion). I think we're going to struggle at the back again this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    As mentioned, I thought Emory did great against a 1st-string Vancouver lineup in Orlando, in the midst of a makeshift Toronto defense.

Yes, he looked really comfortable on the ball. I think this could be a good signing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never heard of the guy, but that doesn't mean to say he's going to be a bad player. We had never heard of Plata before, and didn't expect anything at all from him at draft pick number 6 billion! So, who knows, this kid could be great! We shall see!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C-mon, Harden still anchors our back line. And all he has is work ethic, so at least he may have a competition in this department.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've not done all that well recruiting central defenders. Aceval looks good, but we've had more bad players than good ones back there. Hope he does well but I'm, worried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect Emory would have talked to Velez about TFC/MLS as well, so he shouldn't be coming in blind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know the answer to this, but somebody will:

If TFC don't sign Vukovic (or any other of the reserve team players) for the start of the season, before the window closes - do we have to wait to sign them up in the summer window, or can we call them up for the first team at any time and place them on the roster?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I don't know the answer to this, but somebody will:

If TFC don't sign Vukovic (or any other of the reserve team players) for the start of the season, before the window closes - do we have to wait to sign them up in the summer window, or can we call them up for the first team at any time and place them on the roster?
    int transfer window closes apr 15 and doesn't open again until mid jul. domestic transfer window don't close
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hes better than harden and is probably at cann's level already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    hes better than harden and is probably at cann's level already
    How could you possibly know that? Unless you see the Islanders play every week?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Island Man View Post
    How could you possibly know that? Unless you see the Islanders play every week?
    He played for Toronto during pre season in two games. One was on national television. Not a lot to base a player on, but he did look as described above. Looked comfortable with the ball at his feet and good in his distribution. Definitely enough to be encouraged about the signing. Now we just have to see how well he performs in a competitive league match.