Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Anyone got a good scouting report on Vukovic? Is he a small striker/AM?
    Vukovic is a striker and I am not really sure of his height but he is definitely not slight of build.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone got a good scouting report on Vukovic? Is he a small striker/AM?
    No, he's no "hole" player, not another Aleman, plays right up front. At this point in his development, most of his goals result from very, very direct play from intermediate to long distance...but, he's young.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster_TFC View Post
    Stupid amount of turnover? Just over half the teams lose 1 player each, how's that a stupid amount of turnover?

There are a lot more things "wrong" about MLS that cause player turnover.
    Right ...except the turnover doesn't end with those players who are drafted. The whole process creates a knock-on effect where team A loses a player to team B in the expansion draft who then trades him to team C for another player not involved in the expansion draft.

You'll also notice that if you look at last years expansion draft, 20 players went in total and some teams lost multiple guys.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 10-20-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MARTINA WILL NOT START NBF...how more clear can anyone make this...he doesn't try in practice which is WHY he hasn't been playing and he will be cut...figure it out

also DE GUZMAN IS SIGNED THROUGH 2012

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/stor...-deguzman.html

Financial details of the deal were not released, but the club confirmed that the 28-year-old native of Scarborough, Ont., has agreed to terms on a contract that ties him to the club through the 2012 Major League Soccer season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    MARTINA WILL NOT START NBF...how more clear can anyone make this...he doesn't try in practice which is WHY he hasn't been playing and he will be cut...figure it out

also DE GUZMAN IS SIGNED THROUGH 2012

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/stor...-deguzman.html
    just block him dude, made my life so much easier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Right ...except the turnover doesn't end with those players who are drafted. The whole process creates a knock-on effect where team A loses a player to team B in the expansion draft who then trades him to team C for another player not involved in the expansion draft.

You'll also notice that if you look at last years expansion draft, 20 players went in total and some teams lost multiple guys.
    Right, pick the one time that there's multiple teams in an expansion draft as an example for teams losing more than 1 guy.

Some real reasons for turnover:

1. Limited roster spots (Only 20 players allowed - dev didn't really count - until this year).
    2. Salary cap (it's going up, but still needs work - if a player doesn't earn their keep, buh bye).
    3. Lack of a reserve league (back this year - you don't keep someone around to rot on the bench).
    4. SuperDraft (at least 4 new players per team, 1-2 of them being starter/bench quality, means 1-2 players have to go).
    5. The epidemic of team options (contracts are usually 2 + 1 + 1, so you can just not pick up the option).

Dare I continue?

Even in off-seasons where there has been no expansion draft, the entire league has a ridiculous amount of turnover, and at the very least, those 5 things above have more of an impact on the turnover than the expansion draft does.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Who would be potential be on it for TFC?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Who would be potential be on it for TFC?
    I believe the list of players on reentry draft is coming out on 30 nov
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Not sure if there is one already but a thread/poll of which player we should protect? I would start the thread but the protected list rules looks pretty complicated.

Any takers?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlocks View Post
    Not sure if there is one already but a thread/poll of which player we should protect? I would start the thread but the protected list rules looks pretty complicated.

Any takers?
    I'm not sure a poll would give us much valuable information. We have too many polls as it is.

Besides, the only player question that realistically is up in the air is will TFC protect Cann? Most of the other choices are obvious.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-21-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the list of players on reentry draft is coming out on 30 nov
    Right but who's contract is coming to an end this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope we get rid of Harden in the expansion draft. That's saying I hope someone will take Harden off our hands once and for all.I think we've all come to the conclusion that we have alot of good depth at the centre back position but no one to pencil in with Iro on the first team. Cann should also be put on the unprotected list.

I'm still undecided on Decoy Williams, on whether he's a starter in this league or if he's suppose to provide depth. As far as a depth player he seemed decent enough, but he didn't get on the field in back to back games. So its hard to tell.

Iro is definitely the starter at centre back for next season, but I would hate to lose Dicoy Williams in the expansion draft if we dont know how good he can be in the league.

Would any of you protect Dicoy Williams?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure a poll would give us much valuable information. We have too many polls as it is.

Besides, the only player question that realistically is up in the air is will TFC protect Cann? Most of the other choices are obvious.

Ok fine lol - no poll. Not a big fan of them anyway. But it may still be worth discussing. I'm not so sure it's that cut and dry. Of the 25 roster players, we would all agree on the same 11 to protect? For example, do we protect JDG? Or does he have to be protected because he has a no trade clause (or does he?) If I were Montreal, I'd pick him up!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Former Ipswich Town (Championship) player Reggie Lambe to sign for TFC.

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/...1/710229977/-1

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Former Ipswich Town (Championship) player Reggie Lambe to sign for TFC.

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/...1/710229977/-1

Just like they promised,working on additions for next year roster will start right after the last game.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice, prob to replace martina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt we'll lose anyone to the expansion draft.

I'm hoping we trade one of our first round picks as a package deal for a proven CB and use the other pick for whoever is the best at that point. I doubt a rookie will be used as a starter.

As long as we don't have too much turnover I think we'll be looking pretty good for next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reggie Lambe, doesnt exactly say big signing, but I was sort of expecting the team to go after Issey Nakajima-Farran, he's got a 1 year deal with Brisbane Roar which ends in June 2012.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster_TFC View Post
    Right, pick the one time that there's multiple teams in an expansion draft as an example for teams losing more than 1 guy.

Some real reasons for turnover:

1. Limited roster spots (Only 20 players allowed - dev didn't really count - until this year).
    2. Salary cap (it's going up, but still needs work - if a player doesn't earn their keep, buh bye).
    3. Lack of a reserve league (back this year - you don't keep someone around to rot on the bench).
    4. SuperDraft (at least 4 new players per team, 1-2 of them being starter/bench quality, means 1-2 players have to go).
    5. The epidemic of team options (contracts are usually 2 + 1 + 1, so you can just not pick up the option).

Dare I continue?

Even in off-seasons where there has been no expansion draft, the entire league has a ridiculous amount of turnover, and at the very least, those 5 things above have more of an impact on the turnover than the expansion draft does.
    I'm not arguing that those things don't cause turnover. The point is that the turnover caused by the expansion draft is more avoidable than the reasons you listed above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lambe sounds like he may be an Eckersley type. A bit underrated where he has been but Mariner sees something in him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kosic trade frei-------------eckersley(stinson)----releasecann;harden;iro;williams;vitro;get 2 quality centre backs---------morgan--release borman urrofsky------midfield we can buy out degusman at the end of this season;say$500,000 and save$1.2 million------frings;avila;meravich -----------need 1 quality mid.---------forwards to keep(koeverman plata soolsma)any more of the youngsters worth keeping.So we need the same 3-4 players since day 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he says a lot of silly stuff. I discount his opinions.
    I stopped taking that post seriously when I saw Iro starting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner clearly trying hard to get Eckersley done
    http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/luke_wileman/?id=378754
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Mariner clearly trying hard to get Eckersley done
    http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/luke_wileman/?id=378754
    I'm worried we could lose Ecks & Plata since their on loan - I'm hoping we can lock'em both up sooner rather than later...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plata, when he was scoring, and when Koov and Soolsma scored yesterday, looked so happy when he embraced his teammates in celebration. Made me think that he truly does want to stay. Not sure about Ecks' status. Haven't seen him in a while. I'm less sure about him than I am Plata.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im more sure about eckersley than plata only because his situation seems to be out in the open, apparently hes got a canadian gf, burnley doesnt want ti back and loves it here. Also to our advantage supposedly Plata's agent owns his rights...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

levyashin, what language was that?

First time I really noticed NBF... His master plan was, to say the least, absurd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NBF is, in fact, Preki.