Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 36
  1. #1
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sec-115
    Posts
    9,907
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post Today's News,Monday,Oct.10

    Happy Thanksgiving,




    No TFC News Today,



    This one is not exactly MLS news but better than nothing.


    Final Euro qualifiers promise rare drama




    SUNSHINE


    _
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !


  2. #2
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pinnacle of 115
    Posts
    1,218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Happy Thanksgiving All!!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do or die for Serbia

    Come on white eagles!

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,582
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think one of the shockers in any of the groups in Euro 2012 Qualifying, is in Group C, where Italy is at the top of the group and the shocker of all shockers, Estonia is in 2nd place, with Serbia, Slovania in 3rd and 4th.N.Ireland and Faroe Islands make the rest of the group.

    SSG: Shes hot. Fake titties and all its all good. Kinda looks like Kirsten Dunst.
    Last edited by [NBF]; 10-10-2011 at 09:46 AM.

  5. #5
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sec-115
    Posts
    9,907
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Real shocker is that Bosnia can(will) advance to Euro ahead of France,it was suppose to be a easy walk trough for France but now they have more to lose in this last game than Bosnia.Pressure is on France and even though they are playing at home it wont be easy,15000 Bosnia fans are expected at the game.

    Denamark-Portugal is another one interesting one.
    Last edited by denime; 10-10-2011 at 10:03 AM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !


  6. #6
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,368
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some MLS news:

    Panasonic Announces Multi-Year Sponsorships of U.S. Soccer and Major League Soccer




    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/pan...cer-2011-10-10
    "Of all the things in life that don't actually matter, football matters the most." - Stuart McKeown

    Supporting since 2007


  7. #7
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,882
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hope France wins so that Begovic doesn't get to play in Euro2012. though a lot of exciting players in Bosnia squad. probably as good as it will get for them in a long time

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  8. #8
    RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    112
    Posts
    4,079
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mornin d

    happy thanksgiving all
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

  9. #9
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,882
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    no word on how much?

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  10. #10
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,368
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    no word on how much?
    No, all we have is the press release on several different sites. Given that they are sponsoring both MLS and the USNT, their spending on this is likely quite significant. They are already an MLS sponsor, but this extends it, likely for a higher amount.

    Now if the CSA could get on board these deals, that would be something, but it will require them getting someone good on board to get those deals.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-10-2011 at 10:27 AM.
    "Of all the things in life that don't actually matter, football matters the most." - Stuart McKeown

    Supporting since 2007


  11. #11
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,882
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    No, all we have is the press release on several different sites. Given that they are sponsoring both MLS and the USNT, their spending on this is likely quite significant. They are already an MLS sponsor, but this extends it, likely for a higher amount.

    Now if the CSA could get on board these deals, that would be something, but it will require them getting someone good on board to get those deals.
    CSA should really try to ride the coat tails of USSF on sponsorship deals and stuff

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  12. #12
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,882
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Brek Shea linked to Liverpool and Man City

    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/tr...-starlet-brek-

    Also apparently had a bid from Schalke turned down. Though his agent is Barry MacLean...

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,582
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    By Yohan

    CSA should really try to ride the coat tails of USSF on sponsorship deals and stuff
    I dont think anything is in line to happen for Canada until they restructure which from what I recall was 4 years away in 2015?

    Canadian companies should actually be investing in the Canadian program. Its national sponsorship, but also very low cost international marketing potential. Maybe "Roots" or Canadian Tire or even Shaw Comm.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    I think one of the shockers in any of the groups in Euro 2012 Qualifying, is in Group C, where Italy is at the top of the group and the shocker of all shockers, Estonia is in 2nd place, with Serbia, Slovania in 3rd and 4th.N.Ireland and Faroe Islands make the rest of the group.

    SSG: Shes hot. Fake titties and all its all good. Kinda looks like Kirsten Dunst.
    One of the bull*hit rulings earlier in the campaign is that serbia got penalized in their away match(in italy) for a problem that arose between the italian and serbian supporters. UEFA gave italy an automatic 3-nil victory....what's even more unheard of is that this penalty was given to the Away team, when in the rules it states that safety and security are the responsiblity of the HOME team! UEFA cost Serbia 3pts!

  15. #15
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,882
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    One of the bull*hit rulings earlier in the campaign is that serbia got penalized in their away match(in italy) for a problem that arose between the italian and serbian supporters. UEFA gave italy an automatic 3-nil victory....what's even more unheard of is that this penalty was given to the Away team, when in the rules it states that safety and security are the responsiblity of the HOME team! UEFA cost Serbia 3pts!
    blame the serbian hooligans for being morons

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah they were *moron-ing* just by themselves....no one else was involved right?? Come on, you know as well as anybody that it takes two to tango....

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    t.dot
    Posts
    7,200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    pretty sure the situation was from flares being tossed onto the field...the only flares were coming from the serb supporters...the serb fans wouldn't even listen to their own players to calm down...they even attacked one of their own players on the team bus...pretty sure that's not italy's fault...doesn't matter, they'd have lost anywaz, maybe not 3-0

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,266
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    Yeah they were *moron-ing* just by themselves....no one else was involved right?? Come on, you know as well as anybody that it takes two to tango....
    Threatening the lives of their own players and throwing flares on the pitch is definitely the Serbian hooligans fault.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Der Torontör Weg.
    Posts
    18,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I hope France wins so that Begovic doesn't get to play in Euro2012. though a lot of exciting players in Bosnia squad. probably as good as it will get for them in a long time
    I prefer that they miss out on the World Cup. Nothing against Bosnians here, but I will be cheering for everyone they play in WCQ.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

  20. #20
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    5,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    No, all we have is the press release on several different sites. Given that they are sponsoring both MLS and the USNT, their spending on this is likely quite significant. They are already an MLS sponsor, but this extends it, likely for a higher amount.

    Now if the CSA could get on board these deals, that would be something, but it will require them getting someone good on board to get those deals.
    Per SBJ, Panasonic was a USNT sponsor, dropped in 2008 and now are back, mainly to due to the big response to the USWNT and WWC11 (yes that is what they said, so this is a good example of how a good run in the [W]WC = $). The MLS deal was changed slightly. They are a national sponsor but not a local one (eg teams can set up their own local electronics sponsorships). SUM thinks that Panasonic will have specific local deals with the teams that use their electronic field signage equipment. Total deal estimated in low 7 figures, so not super huge but big as they go. Every national sponsorship deal signed or renewed makes it easier to get some others.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 10-10-2011 at 02:13 PM.
    No one likes us, we don't care.
    You saw me standing alone, without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own.
    Louis Van Gaal, philosopher. "What is this world twisted?"
    Need more nonsense in your life? Follow me on the twitter @MrTuktoyaktuk

  21. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Section 114
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Threatening the lives of their own players and throwing flares on the pitch is definitely the Serbian hooligans fault.

    I"m serbian and i endorse this message. Time to grow up Serbia.

  22. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh wow, how quick to forget when "us" TFC fans were throwing flares onto the columbus pitch!!

    Whaaa-...cry babies....

  23. #23
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,882
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    Oh wow, how quick to forget when "us" TFC fans were throwing flares onto the columbus pitch!!

    Whaaa-...cry babies....
    I'm sorry. when did anyone say it was cool to throw flares on the pitch? I dare you to find one post that condones throwing flares on the pitch from this board

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  24. #24
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sec 112
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Plus the burning of an Albanian flag.... not cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    Oh wow, how quick to forget when "us" TFC fans were throwing flares onto the columbus pitch!!

    Whaaa-...cry babies....

  25. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,699
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    blame the serbian hooligans for being morons
    +1. Saw the 'game'. Well deserved punishment.

  26. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I'm sorry. when did anyone say it was cool to throw flares on the pitch? I dare you to find one post that condones throwing flares on the pitch from this board
    I dunno, I thought you would think it's cool, considering your Dichio is breathing fire! *rawr*

  27. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    +1. Saw the 'game'. Well deserved punishment.
    Chevy, you're italian aren't you?

  28. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC_905 View Post
    Plus the burning of an Albanian flag.... not cool.
    That was the italian fascist sect "sepre modina 666" my cousin lives in Bari and he was at the game, he knows some of the italians that formed the sect....he says they are crazy.

  29. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Der Torontör Weg.
    Posts
    18,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    I dunno,
    Then don't make claims.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

  30. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    857
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    That was the italian fascist sect "sepre modina 666" my cousin lives in Bari and he was at the game, he knows some of the italians that formed the sect....he says they are crazy.
    I'm a Lazio supporter but there big supporter group the eagles are communist. It's pretty messed up. Watch

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lacuDK-5FC0

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYrDh...eature=related

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •