Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Buy Leafs ticket, get a TFC ticket!

I really have no idea how the FO can tell us everything is fine with us when they're doing stuff like this.

To view this email as a web page, go here.
    Keep the sports season going all year long, NAV!

Get your two game pack to see the Toronto Maple Leafs & Toronto FC today! Now is your chance to see a LEAFS game from The Gondola Boxes, one of the most unique spots inside Air Canada Centre and chant for TFC from the North End at BMO Field.

CHOOSE 1 LEAFS GAME below & it will be paired with one ticket to the Toronto FC Final MLS regular season match vs. The New England Revolution on Saturday, October 22nd at 12:30 p.m.
    Leafs Games:

• Saturday, November 5th at 7:00 p.m. vs. Boston Bruins
    • Tuesday, January 3rd at 7:00 p.m. vs. Tampa Bay Lighting

CALL 416-815-5783 TO GET YOUR PACK
    Two game packs start at $241 per ticket. Only 400 two game packs are available. Purchase your pack today by calling the Air Canada Centre Group Sales line at 416-815-5783. Phone Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
    Also available, barstools in the 3rd row of the Gondola Box seating at a reduced price of $203 per seat with a partially obstructed view.

ABOUT THE GONDOLA BOXES
    Located on the 600 level of Air Canada Centre, Gondola Boxes have assigned seating. Drinks are available through the private cash bar service and food is available at all 300 level concession stands.

http://view.mlsefanmail.com/?j=fe5d1...037b7d1075&r=0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ On second thought, does this speak more to dwindling Leafs ticket sales?

EDIT: Just saw that this was referring to North End seats (the same ones that had their prices slashed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    That's what I was thinking / or actually, both...

The gondola boxes are usually rented out by companies for large events...

They're not like the private suites with your personal server etc etc etc...

One of them is for a SATURDAY NIGHT against an original six team that happens to be defending Stanley Cup Champions...

I think it shows poor interest in BOTH...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only $241!

What a steal.

It was rumoured by someone here that the Leafs were having trouble filling their boxes...looks like it may have some truth to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    That's what I was thinking / or actually, both...

The gondola boxes are usually rented out by companies for large events...

They're not like the private suites with your personal server etc etc etc...

One of them is for a SATURDAY NIGHT against an original six team that happens to be defending Stanley Cup Champions...

I think it shows poor interest in BOTH...
    Amazed to see them bundling a Saturday night game at all ... never thought I'd see this... the messaging is incredibly weak, it's like two drunks leaning against each other trying to stand up
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that a hockey rink way off in the back ground???

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always been a Toronto Maple Leafs fan,
    But they have to be one of the most overpriced forms of live entertainment on the planet.

To think of how many better ways there are to spend that kind of money...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see that ML$E will have problems selling tickets to a TFC match when the team is already out of the playoffs. Just look at it as being similar to how other MLS clubs comp tickets.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Amazed to see them bundling a Saturday night game at all ... never thought I'd see this... the messaging is incredibly weak, it's like two drunks leaning against each other trying to stand up
    Seriously, and not to mention unclear; I had to read it once or twice to sort out what exactly was on offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was wondrring at what point would Toronto Maple Leafs Fans and Toronto FC fans max out of buying over priced tickets while having crap performance on the field/ice. MLSE has dryed up all the fans and now not as many people dont have the money or are not willing to pay stupid prices anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I've always been a Toronto Maple Leafs fan,
    But they have to be one of the most overpriced forms of live entertainment on the planet.

To think of how many better ways there are to spend that kind of money...

i always loved hockey, and was a long time big Leafs fan exspecially in the 90's going to Maple Leaf Gardens. But going to Leafs games now a days at the ACC really isnt that fun, dead atmosphere, fancy posh like bars and food places, shit team and way, way, way over priced tickets. I think once i started going to some Soccer games in England and then TFC came around, the whole score board entertainment, loud music, fake fans i just can no longer stand. Id rather keep the money and spend it going out with friends getting drunk or something.
    Last edited by james; 09-28-2011 at 03:59 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    i always loved hockey, and was a long time big Leafs fan exspecially in the 90's going to Maple Leaf Gardens. But going to Leafs games now a days at the ACC really isnt that fun, dead atmosphere, shit team and way, way, way over priced tickets. I think once i started going to some Soccer games in England and then TFC came around, the whole score board entertainment, loud music, fake fans i just can no longer stand. Id rather keep the money and spend it going out with friends getting drunk or something.
    I don't bother with the Leafs anymore and their insane ticket prices have just pushed me to TFC. My seasons cost me $399 for 19 games, that would likely get me about 6 Leaf games IF I could even find the tickets. Funny thing is, I have a connection for free Leaf tickets and I don't even use it because I just don't care. Some of it is how bad the team is but a lot of it is that going to so many TFC games I've just invested myself totally into this team.

Either way MLSE is happy lol..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the article in Grantland really hit home with MLSE. It deserves its own thread, but I'll just leave it here for now.

Toronto: The Worst Sports City in the World

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...rts-city-world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: Just saw that this was referring to North End seats (the same ones that had their prices slashed)
    they should be same price as South End. They had rediculous prices since they built that North End stand. They wont fill it untill they start selling them at more like $20-$25 a seat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Mostly agreed. They should talk to NEE about moving there, giving them a discount rate for their seats in 131, and then the other three sections can be at whatever MLSE determines to be fair market value. It will make one SG happy (if they agree to the idea) and increase the value of the seats around them, both in 127 and 132-134.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

$203 for an obstructed view seat? No thanks.

Reminds of the obstructed view seats at Tiger Stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I don't bother with the Leafs anymore and their insane ticket prices have just pushed me to TFC. My seasons cost me $399 for 19 games, that would likely get me about 6 Leaf games IF I could even find the tickets. Funny thing is, I have a connection for free Leaf tickets and I don't even use it because I just don't care. Some of it is how bad the team is but a lot of it is that going to so many TFC games I've just invested myself totally into this team.

Either way MLSE is happy lol..
    True in my case as well, although I spend about 2,000 per year on TFC tickets and merchandise. MLSE is lucky they own both. The only bit of money Leafs get from me is Leafs TV. No more Leaf merchandise.
    You wouldn't get 6 Leaf games for 400 bucks. Even if you managed six standing room places it would be 450.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will never watch hockey at the ACC. Ever. I've gone to Detroit, Montreal and Buffalo to watch games, but I'll never watch it at the ACC. Prices and atmosphere is ridiculously bad.

You have to have more money than brains to get Leafs season tickets.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the gondola is in the 600 level and you gotta go back down to the 300 level to get food lol
    06-18-09 i was there

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokedPanda View Post
    the gondola is in the 600 level and you gotta go back down to the 300 level to get food lol

Yeah no doubt.you have to go down 3 sections to get food, see half a rink, and pay top dollar for shitty beer what a bargain for the low price of almost an entire season ticket for tfc.

Yep sounds like Ml$e is really try to tell us we are getting a bargain. only in toronto do these shitty "deals" come out.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at this rate i think ML$E will come out with a Groupon promotion for all of it's losing teams
    06-18-09 i was there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the article in Grantland really hit home with MLSE. It deserves its own thread, but I'll just leave it here for now.

I shed a tear for the truth being expressed so well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya.. I read this earlier and posted it on facebook today.

It is 100 % spot on.

This is the worst sports city on the planet!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The grantland article was discussed in the Leafs thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Global News was asking people before the last TFC match if they thought Toronto was a sports town. Its funny becuase me and like 5 other people that I saw them interview said yes (I didn't want to badmouth the city on my way to BMO), but they only aired negative opinions.

Wack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Global News was asking people before the last TFC match if they thought Toronto was a sports town. Its funny becuase me and like 5 other people that I saw them interview said yes (I didn't want to badmouth the city on my way to BMO), but they only aired negative opinions.

Wack.
    Not surprising at all. The one thing our sports media love more than themselves is absolutely shitting on this city's teams.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think this speaks to the changing nature of the Leafs target market.

Face it, a Leaf ticket is a corporate ticket. Prices are geared toqards this. The "Gondola" or "Lounge" or "Club" experience has all been about taking clients out to games. This is not marketed to Pookie and Pookie JR having a father son night out.

Given changing business laws and ethical codes of conduct, this client "entertainment" is now taboo in some pretty big markets. With this market declining, they are left to try to convince the non corporate audience that a couple of hundred bucks on a game and sushi, served to me in some fancy surrounds is worth it.

It isn't. And this declining corporate base will only get worse, IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Is that a hockey rink way off in the back ground???
    Yes, it was taken during the playoffs. Notice the absence of hockey on the ice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How MLSE gets away with this tied selling is beyond me. I guess they just don't have the balls to outright raise the prices on the tickets people want so they attach products people aren't interested in to the main ticket. The obvious example is TFC-Marlies, but they did the same thing with the Leafs-Raptors before. Long story short, those tickets are going to hit the re-sale market and hurt primary TFC ticket holders, gate sales, and the overall atmosphere at BMO.

In terms of Leaf ticket demand, let's not kid ourselves here. The state of their market is generally reduced, but TFC is clearly the throw-in product used to backdoor a price increase in Leaf Tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stugautz View Post
    Yes, it was taken during the playoffs. Notice the absence of hockey on the ice.
    LOL.. well played.

On a related note, it looks like they're doing a FREE draw on wagjag

https://www.wagjag.com/?wagjag=39682