Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    tell me what it means!!!

I want to come up with a spanish comeback to yell after.
    Google Puto & Soccer....there seems to be a wide variety of meanings. Maybe one of the Spanish speaking chaps on here can enlighten us in a way that I will not ban them for use of "colourful language"
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL!

I had a group of PUMAS supporters sitting in the section right beside me. It definitely added a different flavor to the atmosphere. I liked it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I was in 115 for the Tauro game and people there were having a go at Iro all match. I don't care how bad of a player he is or how bad he is playing - his own supporters singing songs about how crap he is not helping the situation or TFC in anyway.
    Along the same lines...there is a guy a couple rows behind me in 115 that no matter what JDG is doing he constantly breates him... Pumas had a corner and Julian was on the post and this guy was just giving him an earful..."You suck, quit, etc, etc...."

I was about to turn around and say to the guy....is he here to support TFC or not? He had a jersey on so I assume he was. Luckily for the guy, someone behind me turned to the guy and said "He is on our team right now, so suck it up and support the team...how are you helping things?" I wouldn't have been so polite.. The guy didn't say anything the rest of the match.
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    LOL!

I had a group of PUMAS supporters sitting in the section right beside me. It definitely added a different flavor to the atmosphere. I liked it!
    Sitting first row behind the net it was like Dolby Digital Stereo Surround Sound every time Kocic kicked the ball....the sound was crazy.

An easy chant to do and can be effective......maybe it will rub off on people for regular TFC matches.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    For all the thoughts on Iro and his performance, I'd say it was possibly a team selection error on Winter's part, actually. Knowing that Pumas are a very FAST team, Winter did have the option of picking Henry form the start, and not playing Iro. Henry is a MUCH faster player than Iro, and may have been better suited to Pumas fast attackers.

Say what you want about Iro, but if he almost lost us the game, just remember who selected to play the guy!
    Henry may be faster, and I like his development a lot, but he is too inexperienced to start at the CB at the game like this, and would have certainly cost us more than Iro did. IMO of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    Along the same lines...there is a guy a couple rows behind me in 115 that no matter what JDG is doing he constantly breates him... Pumas had a corner and Julian was on the post and this guy was just giving him an earful..."You suck, quit, etc, etc...."

I was about to turn around and say to the guy....is he here to support TFC or not? He had a jersey on so I assume he was. Luckily for the guy, someone behind me turned to the guy and said "He is on our team right now, so suck it up and support the team...how are you helping things?" I wouldn't have been so polite.. The guy didn't say anything the rest of the match.
    judging by your following post, it sounds like you were in front and to the left of my dad and i, as we were in the second row. i mentioned some things about that guy earlier in the thread, and he definitely kept complaining about julian afterwards, but mostly just talking to his buddies rather than yelling. maybe you're used to him and just tune him out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brandrews View Post
    judging by your following post, it sounds like you were in front and to the left of my dad and i, as we were in the second row. i mentioned some things about that guy earlier in the thread, and he definitely kept complaining about julian afterwards, but mostly just talking to his buddies rather than yelling. maybe you're used to him and just tune him out.
    Yes...I was in row 4 the last man to your left for a while, until a couple came into the row...and you are right. I guess I've just learned to tune him out. I was so mad though last night because up to the point JDG, the team and everything else was going well....and this idiot decided this was a good time to rag on him.

My brother-in-law also caught him saying to his buddies something to the effect of "Look at how bad he is....he is not going after the ball, he is marking guys who don't even have the ball...."

Hey idiot...it is called cutting off passing lanes, which is his job when he is not winning the ball or passing it.....some people have no clue...
    Last edited by Ageroo; 09-29-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

JDG is playing extremely well and his play matches his positive attitude.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    JDG is playing extremely well and his play matches his positive attitude.
    I am sure he has been called worse things playing in Germany and Spain.....so I don't think people's views on him really bother him. I am sure he knows up until recently, he hasn't been the DP everyone wanted him to be.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sitting first row behind the net it was like Dolby Digital Stereo Surround Sound every time Kocic kicked the ball....the sound was crazy.

An easy chant to do and can be effective......maybe it will rub off on people for regular TFC matches.....
    The stands on the second level west side can make a heck of a loud drumroll sound. I guess they were stomping their feet. Could they get that sound by banging their hands on the railings up there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Haha. That's funny. And whenever I saw a TFC fan I said out loud that my Mexican mother came all the way from Mexico to give birth to me in 1977 so that I could grow up to cheer against Pumas for a Toronto soccer club.

Suckers! Mexicans are stupid.
    Yes! I knew I ticked some of them off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though the crowd was smaller on Tuesday night, the stands seemed to have much more energy than most games, especially outside the supporters sections. I guess even we didn't want to be outdone by the Mexican fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes...I was in row 4 the last man to your left for a while, until a couple came into the row...and you are right. I guess I've just learned to tune him out. I was so mad though last night because up to the point JDG, the team and everything else was going well....and this idiot decided this was a good time to rag on him.

My brother-in-law also caught him saying to his buddies something to the effect of "Look at how bad he is....he is not going after the ball, he is marking guys who don't even have the ball...."

Hey idiot...it is called cutting off passing lanes, which is his job when he is not winning the ball or passing it.....some people have no clue...
    haha...i knew there was another stupid comment that i had forgotten about; "he is marking guys who don't even have the ball". off the top of my head, i can't think of any team sport where that statement would make sense.

i mentioned another one earlier in this thread that was great too, he declared that there were five centre backs playing that could all play centre midfield better than de guzman; dumb on so many levels.

a couple of times i was tempted to turn and say something to him, but i was too busy screaming at the ref...haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, great energy in the crowd. There were pockets of Mexican fans interspersed with TFC fans in my area. For example, in 125 we had about 5 of them sitting in the row right in front. But we had 4 TFC fans just behind and to the left of us. There were a lot of good natured jabs between us TFC fans and the Mexican fans. There was one guy in his Pumas shirt about 4 rows back, always making negative comments about TFC and promoting his team. It was wonderful when Marosevic scored and all of us TFC fans turned around and cheered at him.... I yelled "Golasssssoo!!!" at him. hahah.

Every time the Mexicans would yell "puto!!" the TFC fans a few rows in front of them would yell "WANKERS!!!!" Most of them didn't know what that meant.

Although the funny part was we started agreeing with the Mexicans that the refereeing wasn't good. hahaha.

It reminded me of the recent Canada game and the Jamaica-Canada WCQ game. When you have enemy fans in the building, you just get so much more energy in you. You want to show them who's boss.
    Last edited by rocker; 09-29-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Although the funny part was we started agreeing with the Mexicans that the refereeing wasn't good. hahaha.
    nice to find common ground....haha.

there were little pockets of pumas fans closer to midifeld on both the east and west side of the pitch; and from 115, they sounded organized and loud when they got a chant going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is one of my biggest pet peeves - know it alls that have no idea about the game works.