Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Postgame: Pumas-Toronto FC......So you're saying there's a chance

Pumas 1-Toronto FC 1

Last edited by Dkolish3; 09-27-2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: If I knew how to embed youtube videos it would be more awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the heck was Iro doing heading the ball on his own net

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    shitting the bed on the marking during Pumas goal, fouling near the edge of the box, the near own goal... it's like Iro was singlehandly trying to destroy TFC by himself

Harden on the other hand, had a good game

Morgan was a beast on the left.

Hope Eck's injury is not severe
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You make it sound like if we didn't have Iro, TFC would have had the perfect game!

Truth is, Pumas put a mass of pressure on in the second half, and deserved a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC tried hard. I can't be angry about this. Pumas just seems like a better team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was danny kool injured or is winter saving him for the big game on saturday??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume your talking about when their number 18 took a shot and Iro tried to head it and it hit the post????

If that's what you are talking about, Iro was in a no win situation with that strike at goal. IF Iro had jumped out of the way of the shot, we would all be moaning that he was a wimp and jumped out the way! If he heads the ball he is in danger of deflecting it, OR putting the ball off target and saving a possible goal! You can't blame Iro for heading that ball.

And looking back their goal. Iro was marking the guy who scored. BUT, Harden was marking their number 7, who then decided not to make a run into the box. Iro followed his man, but then Harden totally got in his way, and blocked Iro from following his guy. Harden then didn't jump and make an effort to stop the header. I would say this is more Harden's fault than Iro.

I'm not a fan of Iro, but he needs to be defended when he hasn't done much wrong, and as usual is being singled out as the culprit...which he wasn't in this game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    was danny kool injured or is winter saving him for the big game on saturday??
    Looked like he got tangled up/banged up near the end of the first half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great game tonight..great crowd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey armen jbx...any word on the injuries tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you serious? how can you watch that and think he was trying to do that on purpose? not saying he had a good performance, but come on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Looked like he got tangled up/banged up near the end of the first half.
    Commentary said he was "feeling sick".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Commentary said he was "feeling sick".
    well thats better then another hamy injury.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great tactics and performance tonight I thought. Pumas are clearly a better team than us, and we played it tight, going with 5 at the back, (even in the first half, stinson was rb and eckersley more central) rode our luck a bit as you have to, and scored one of the few chances we got.

good tactics to not try and go toe to toe with the more skilled team, and to not leave iro and harden back there by themselves again. Thought Harden had a great game in the middle of defence, organising things well, made a bunch of late tackles and clearances.

some good old fashioned defensive 'prekiball' got the job done with a depleted lineup, and made sure we've got a chance still.

well done to winter and the whole team.

If koevermans wasn't hurt (setanta said he wasn't feeling well) and that was just a fatigue sub, then the chivas game looks even sillier now.

and setanta, what a shitshow, even in their scrolling apology, they spelt 'appoloogise' wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see Iro's confidence is up.

Give him more time and he'll blend in, FFS.

Oh well. I'll take the point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched Iro all game, from section 122 row 7.....hows this for excuses, HE SUCKS! plain and simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I assume your talking about when their number 18 took a shot and Iro tried to head it and it hit the post????

If that's what you are talking about, Iro was in a no win situation with that strike at goal. IF Iro had jumped out of the way of the shot, we would all be moaning that he was a wimp and jumped out the way! If he heads the ball he is in danger of deflecting it, OR putting the ball off target and saving a possible goal! You can't blame Iro for heading that ball.

And looking back their goal. Iro was marking the guy who scored. BUT, Harden was marking their number 7, who then decided not to make a run into the box. Iro followed his man, but then Harden totally got in his way, and blocked Iro from following his guy. Harden then didn't jump and make an effort to stop the header. I would say this is more Harden's fault than Iro.

I'm not a fan of Iro, but he needs to be defended when he hasn't done much wrong, and as usual is being singled out as the culprit...which he wasn't in this game.

Stop calling this and calling that....blah blah blah....

He sucks balls, end of story. Period, he sucks, get over it....

The sooner people get over it, the sooner we can upgrade the position!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it wasn't bad enough that Iro deserves the criticism he's getting - touch of an anvil, agility of an oil tanker - the rest of the squad could take a little hammering as well.

Pumas played with three 19 year olds out there and another four players who are under 23. They had a bunch of their youngest reserves out there and still ran the show for long stretches.

I love these games against top Mexican sides. Ball moves quicker and more precisely and our guys - mostly - seem to respond by cranking up their own games. Couldn't pay me to watch dreck like Tauro, but glad to buy tickets to watch teams of this calibre.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another witch hunt, I see. Iro played well enough and he showed versatility - which was refreshing. Deguz impressed, at times. And he was a General out there.

Pumas taught us a technical thing or two. I've never seen a formation that allows double teaming so fast on the flanks. They did for 90 and we did it the second half.

Fun to watch.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought iro was a little better last night, people need to realize he isnt as good as the hype of mvp of the crew and an english youth product

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On paper this was another 4-0 rout by Pumas. We got a draw. People need to cheer the fuck up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't be unhappy. We stole the point. We were shorthanded and played a good game overall against a better team that had more chances and showed real class. Sometimes sports is only about staying alive until the end, and hoping things break your way...
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    On paper this was another 4-0 rout by Pumas. We got a draw. People need to cheer the fuck up.
    Big YUUUUP there.

"With a Mexican league derby set for Sunday against crosstown rival America, Pumas fielded only two regulars (Dario Veron and David Cabrera) and seven players 23 or under, including three 19-year-olds."

Schooled by backups too! Thank god we got a point. Now we just need Winter to play the kiddies and let our regulars rest for Dallas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Big YUUUUP there.

"With a Mexican league derby set for Sunday against crosstown rival America, Pumas fielded only two regulars (Dario Veron and David Cabrera) and seven players 23 or under, including three 19-year-olds."

Schooled by backups too! Thank god we got a point. Now we just need Winter to play the kiddies and let our regulars rest for Dallas!
    yeah no need to try to get in to a playoff spot that we do not have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it ironic that some of the people conducting the witch-hunt have been de Guzman's biggest supporters since he got here

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Yeah but DeGuzman is short and can hide amongst the midfield if he's poor. Iro sticks out.

Iro had some his worst gaffs ever in the first half but was saved on multiple occasions by that former underachiever you mentioned.

On the flip side Iro performed some of his most entertaining minutes late in the second when he brought the ball up from the corner and kept it close to him, juggling it and shrugging of the MExikids that were challenging for it.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 09-28-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things don't look too great at the moment. If Dallas wins tomorrow in Tauro, TFC would have to beat FCD by 2 goals or more to advance. However, if Dallas drops points then a win by 1 goal would be enough to see TFC through.

Time to cheer on Tauro because I don't think TFC can beat FCD by two goals in Dallas. They're not going to take this game lightly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd like to see JDG's on field map or whatever (the thing that shows where players prodominately played)...everytime i really looked up, he was either on/defending or less than 5 yards away from the ball; he was all over the place!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Things don't look too great at the moment. If Dallas wins tomorrow in Tauro, TFC would have to beat FCD by 2 goals or more to advance. However, if Dallas drops points then a win by 1 goal would be enough to see TFC through.

Time to cheer on Tauro because I don't think TFC can beat FCD by two goals in Dallas. They're not going to take this game lightly.
    We DO NOT need to win by 2 goals in Dallas; just have to score a minimum of 2.

Tie-Breaker works this way:

(Suppose we won 2-1 at Dallas)

1. Greater number of points earned in matches between the teams concerned (Tied 3-3 in points)
    2. Greater goal difference in matches between the teams concerned (2 goals for, 2 goals against)
    3. Greater number of goals scored away from home in matches between the teams concerned (2 goals for away from home to 1 goal for away from home; TFC takes tie-breaker)
    The next tie-breaker is goal differential between all group matches...Dallas would ultimately trump us in that department (should they win at Tauro)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was pleased with the effort last night, and the result in of itself was somewhat positive. Unfortunately, in the grand scheme of things, a draw wasn't good enough. The tournament is likely over for TFC unless they can pull off a shocker in Dallas and get a lot of help from Tauro, a club that is merely playing for pride at this point.