Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what does this mean for TFC with this win in CONCAFF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ for CONCACAF? It means there's still a chance we can make history.

If FC Dallas gets a result against Pumas, we'll stay in 2nd. If we draw Pumas at home and beat Dallas, we will make it to the next round.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2...League#Group_C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like we still have a long ways to go but the results have been positive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah not the prettiest or most convincing win but a win none the less. Agreed that Morgan is better going forward than back but i believe theres still time to teach him how to do that. Also Im not sure whats up with Johnson but he didnt seem himself, he had a clear shot at one point and decided to pass it to Danny Koef. It was intercepted by a Tauro player. Regardless, ill def take the 3 points. Hope Dallas does some damage tonight and we can do some next week.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Nick Garcia in 2004 > Andy Iro.
    FYP

I think you're forgetting how slow ol' Nick was by the time he got to us. It was generous for Mo to give a job to his buddy. He once was a decent defender, but he should of hung up his boots long before he got to TFC.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to the guy who waved the TFC flag with the bull. It was done in good spirit and he thanked the 'bull' afterwards. To the guy who deflated the bull, your an ass.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone deflated the bull?
    Toronto won! People should be thinking "yay!"
    Not, let's vandalize the other team's mascot.
    Stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Someone deflated the bull?
    Toronto won! People should be thinking "yay!"
    Not, let's vandalize the other team's mascot.
    Stupid.
    Ya some guy was jumping for joy because he deflated the bull....loser!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    FYP

I think you're forgetting how slow ol' Nick was by the time he got to us. It was generous for Mo to give a job to his buddy. He once was a decent defender, but he should of hung up his boots long before he got to TFC.
    EXACTLY!!! The only reason Garcia saw the pitch is because he was good buddies with MJ from their KC days...He was also Mo's RAT in the dressing room which is why his teammates hated him...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Ohhhh Danny Koevermans! Danny Koevermans, Danny Koevermans, Danny Koevermaaaaans!
    oi, pipe down you!!
    geeez, just because you're on the TFC website doesn't mean youre famous enough to change the words to 24

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to harp on a win but man we need Plata back... Soolsma is soooo bloody slow and his first touches are horrible. Great performance from Morgan and Ecks tonight!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Nick Garcia > Andy Iro.
    i saw an interesting fact somewhere that said nick garcia had the longest goal drought in league history. he played something like 10 years before ever scoring in the MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giving up a free kick in the last minute just outside the box was very poor and could have cost TFC 2 points.

Not the best game they've played, but a wins a win.

Winter's strategy and formation were good this match. Putting on early pressure really affected Tauro, it looked like they never quite hit their stride. Frings as combination MF/Sweeper and moving between 4-3-3 and 5-4-1 (it looked like) worked very well.

Playing Frings in a CDM/Sweeper role allowing him to move up, is something that I had been hopeing to see for while. I am pleasently suprised that Winter has adopted it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    i saw an interesting fact somewhere that said nick garcia had the longest goal drought in league history. he played something like 10 years before ever scoring in the MLS.
    I guess that doesn't include own goals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be fair to Winter, I've been moaning that he won't budge from the 4-3-3 format, but he has in the last two games, and its worked.

I'm hoping that this is showing that Winter is still developing as a head coach, which is good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I'll be fair to Winter, I've been moaning that he won't budge from the 4-3-3 format, but he has in the last two games, and its worked.

I'm hoping that this is showing that Winter is still developing as a head coach, which is good.
    not sure if it had to do with developing as a coach. doubt he never heard of a different formation before coming here. i believe winter was so adament about the 4-3-3 to hammer it into the players heads. get the basics in, then switch to different tactics when needed, at a point where players were comfertable doing so. having to teach a new concept is difficult enough without throwing things around. also having players with a better understanding and tactical awareness of the game will make that easier. all part of the rebuild this season. my 2c.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we please play NO ONE at Chivas?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're still playing the 433, it's a just a variant where the central midfielder drops back as a sweeper when a fullback is upfield. So fullbacks can also act as wingbacks, basically.

Peri Marosevic was pretty impressive last night. He misfired on a few passes but that had more to do with good defence on the plays in question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone else see Yourassowsky shoot one of the Tauro players with his water bottle while warming up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That bicycle kick away from our corner flag by Eckersley was fucking epic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default squirt from the south end

Yes. I saw the water. I forget which Tauro player got wet. It was while he was walking away. He did not seem to react or turn around to see who did it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number Nine View Post
    That bicycle kick away from our corner flag by Eckersley was fucking epic.
    Yes, it certainly was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We're still playing the 433, it's a just a variant where the central midfielder drops back as a sweeper when a fullback is upfield. So fullbacks can also act as wingbacks, basically.

Peri Marosevic was pretty impressive last night. He misfired on a few passes but that had more to do with good defence on the plays in question.
    Not able to agree with pretty impressive for Marosevic, he showed energy and some speed, but I guess those misfired passes had me thinking he was fighting the ball most of the night.

I feel that when we play with 3 in the midfield it often turns into a case of 2 against the world. To stretch the defenders one or two players stay off on the other side of the pitch and make it easy for the other team to cut off attackers.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter did not change anything,we are still playing 4-3-3,only difference is that last two game we played with "point back" 4-1-2-3 and 4-1-2-2-1 both systems are still 4-3-3.

Every time Morgan pushed forward they last 3 and def.mid would shift to the left and tuck in to cover the empty space,same was with Eckersley side.

Winter is sticking to 4-3-3 no matter what,and I like it.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Winter did not change anything,we are still playing 4-3-3,only difference is that last two game we played with "point back" 4-1-2-3 and 4-1-2-2-1 both systems are still 4-3-3.

Every time Morgan pushed forward they last 3 and def.mid would shift to the left and tuck in to cover the empty space,same was with Eckersley side.

I'd definitely call last nights formation 5-3-2 with Frings as the sweeper between the two centre backs. You could never call that 4 at the back last night!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Did anyone else see Yourassowsky shoot one of the Tauro players with his water bottle while warming up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    Yes. I saw the water. I forget which Tauro player got wet. It was while he was walking away. He did not seem to react or turn around to see who did it.
    I didn't see that at all....but I was laughing at one point when Tauro had a corner and all the subs were basically standing right by the flag. The linesman kept telling them to move and no one budged. JDG didn't even stop and kept doing leg kick stretches while the guy was setting up....It was pretty funny..(ok, maybe just to me)
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Erick Avilla

He will be able to play after the group stage is over ... if we advance to the knockout stage.... called phase 3 of Concacaf Champions League (CCL).

here's why...

5.2 Teams will be able to inscribe a second Roster List consisting of a maximum of
    30 players (30-player List) no later than seven (7) days prior to their first
    match, at the start of the Phase 3: the Championship Stage, for the purposes of
    participating in the remainder of the CCL season.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreekAce View Post
    not sure if it had to do with developing as a coach. doubt he never heard of a different formation before coming here. i believe winter was so adament about the 4-3-3 to hammer it into the players heads. get the basics in, then switch to different tactics when needed, at a point where players were comfertable doing so. having to teach a new concept is difficult enough without throwing things around. also having players with a better understanding and tactical awareness of the game will make that easier. all part of the rebuild this season. my 2c.
    Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

It's conjecture at this point whether it is the players developing, or the coach. Either way, it's good to see, and gives me a lot more confidence going forward.

I think I saw 4-3-3, 5-2-3, and 5-4-1 (which I guess you could see as 4-1-2-2-1), all in the space of a single match. All are variants of the same system, yet have different strengths. It was great to see the fluidity in switching between them. That fluidity makes the team much less predictable and harder to beat.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 09-21-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's conjecture at this point whether it is the players developing, or the coach. Either way, it's good to see, and gives me a lot more confidence going forward.

I think I saw 4-3-3, 5-2-3, and 5-4-1, all in the space of a single match. All are variants of the same system, yet have different strengths. It was great to see the fluidity in switching between them. That fluidity makes the team much less predictable and harder to beat.
    I saw this too. Frings had the freedom to push forward at times making it a traditional 4-3-3 but most of the time they were playing 3-4-3 or 5-2-3 or whatever you want to call it.

And it's not like Frings can't adjust to more CB role. He was exceptional last night in defense and in the air. It's truly a luxury.