Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    ^ This is what doesn't make sense. I was on the gold list buying the marlies ransom pack two years ago and didn't buy anything last year or this year but get nothing. No e-mails no communications. Sideshow is the only word to describe what's going on there.
    I'm a year 1 season ticket holder that doesn't get emails at all.

I've given up trying to fix the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Competition does wonderful things. If Toyota pulled that on me, I'd head of over the nearest Honda dealer. Or maybe Mazda, or Kia, or Ford, ect, ect.

If MLSE do that to me, I have no other local professional soccer team at that level to watch.
    Fans do have the opportunity to buy seats game by game. Seldom can you make every game anyway so the discount one gets for buying season seats probably works out to a wash. I doubt every game will be a sellout next year.

Getting on the Gold list was no big deal, buying a 2 game pack to the concacaf games would have got you on the Gold list.
    Last edited by TorontoPat; 10-24-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the question is still out there. Who or who do we voice our concerns to regarding this entire process?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I received my "ransom pack" pitch. The true ransom pack was the marlies one pitched a few years back, but this years sales offer is equally frustrating.
    I knew what to expect based on previous posts. The highlight was when I told the rep I was unemployed and couldn't afford 1,000 a ticket, but would gladly pay for a pair in light grey. His response was that I could pay in installments and take my chances on the seat move in November.
    Obviously TFC has priced their "premium" seats out of range for the average fan. If someone is sitting at the top of 110, and moves across the aisle the price jump is 600 per ticket on the season. Now they are just taking advantage of their most loyal potential consumer base (the gold waiting list), and trying to squeeze every penny out of us.
    I think the proper approach would be to have the relocation event for SSH, then open up all seats to the gold waiting list. Other than insulting many of us, I don't understand what this current ticket drive accomplishes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jvanpeebles View Post
    so the question is still out there. Who or who do we voice our concerns to regarding this entire process?
    Paul Beirne I'd think.

But I'm not sure why ... current process seems a lot fairer than previous years. In previous years, they held back cheap tickets at relocation, to save some for Gold List and Platinum List.

This year Gold list gets an early chance at expensive seats. Then all STH get chance to move or get extra seats at relocation. Then presumably they look what they have left, figure out partials, and decide if there's enough availability to offer whatever seasons would still be available to Gold and then Red.

The whole process seems a lot fairer than previous years, with Gold unable to jump over STH to cheap seats. I'm not sure where the big complaint is, unless it's simply "but now I can't jump over STH to get cheap seats".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Paul Beirne I'd think.

But I'm not sure why ... current process seems a lot fairer than previous years. In previous years, they held back cheap tickets at relocation, to save some for Gold List and Platinum List.
    How does one get on the platinum list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is being forced to by a higher priced ticket with a gamblers chance of moving somewhere you like more fair. STH's in the past got first chance at available seats to relocate. The only difference is that they heald some seats back for the partial packs. I always thought that STH's should get a crack at these also but hen whatever is left we would have a chance at. Then we could make an INFORMED decision knowing what we could or could not get. Eventually just like seniority we all would eventually get a crack at what we want as long as we were willing to wait. This process serves MLS and MLS only. I passed and took a stance as many people did last year. I suspect a lot of people will do the same. I still hope for the partial packs but we will wait and see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Beirne I'd think.

Do you have contact info for those of us not happy with the new procedure?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just picked mine up in 109, and will likely move to light blue this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    I believe owning a single or more seasons gets you on the platinum list (which is to buy more or upto 4 tickets).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewed my seats yesterday. My advice to people is you think tickets cost too much and don't want to give MLSE your money, then don't give MLSE your money.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    I don't think it exists anymore as such. It was season ticket holders who wanted more seats. Now that they are simply doing that at the relocation event, then there's no need to track it.

How is being forced to by a higher priced ticket with a gamblers chance of moving somewhere you like more fair. STH's in the past got first chance at available seats to relocate. The only difference is that they heald some seats back for the partial packs. I always thought that STH's should get a crack at these also but hen whatever is left we would have a chance at.
    Sounds like you think it's fair too then really.

Besides, I'm sure that anyone who picks up something as part of this offer, will at least be able to move to medium-grey - and more likely the cheaper light-blue. Or you could hold on until after it's all over ... I'm sure they'll have some tickets in dark-grey on offer again, after it's all over.

I passed and took a stance as many people did last year. I suspect a lot of people will do the same.
    Took a stance? And yet you complain as well? Not sure how you can have this both ways. Either your want ticket or not. Maybe it will be easier next year ... maybe demand will be up again. Maybe they'll add 5,000 more seats for the winter classic, and there will be lots of availability.

I still hope for the partial packs but we will wait and see.
    If you got partials before, I can't imagine you'd have a problem getting them again, as some of those ahead of you would either not take, or would have switched to seasons. If this works for you, go for it.

Do you have contact info for those of us not happy with the new procedure?
    He's very . Or just phone, and ask how you can speak to him.
    Last edited by nfitz; 10-26-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to tell the rep to stop calling me the 3rd time he called offering me dark greys after being turn down twice. 1st call I spoke to him I told him I would take light greys at most.

What does it tell you about the price/product on the field when it seems so many want the cheap seats lol.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Paul Beirne I'd think.

This year Gold list gets an early chance at expensive seats. Then all STH get chance to move or get extra seats at relocation. Then presumably they look what they have left, figure out partials, and decide if there's enough availability to offer whatever seasons would still be available to Gold and then Red.

The whole process seems a lot fairer than previous years, with Gold unable to jump over STH to cheap seats. I'm not sure where the big complaint is, unless it's simply "but now I can't jump over STH to get cheap seats".
    I certainly hope that they don't take parts of the stadium for Partial Packs.

I've gambled on being able to relocate to lesser valued seats (after current STH's have had a chance to relocate).

I'd be furious if they kept seats back from the Gold List graduates relocation event just to split them into partial packs.

Should cheaper seats be held back for the next group to be looked after?

In other words, should yellow seats be held back from STH relocation so that Gold Listers graduates can have some?

Should light greys be held back from the Gold List graduation relocation so some are available for Gold list partial packs?

Should some of them be held back from Gold List partial packs to offer to Red List, or, later on, the general public?

The answer should be NO in all cases.

The complaint I have about this years system is that I have to buy without knowing what will actually be available. Last year, the people graduating from the gold list could see exactly what was for sale when they bought. If they didn't like what was offered, they could stay on the Gold list.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Beirne is a bit of an arrogant prick, not sure what good talking to him would do for anyone. He's probably the one who cooked up this scheme.

Again my advice to anyone getting this sucker offer is to tell them to fuck off.

The demand hasn't taken a turn for the better. They will still be peddling these expensive seasons and cheap tickets will still be available game by game.

Quote Originally Posted by adamdz View Post
    Had to tell the rep to stop calling me the 3rd time he called offering me dark greys after being turn down twice. 1st call I spoke to him I told him I would take light greys at most.

What does it tell you about the price/product on the field when it seems so many want the cheap seats lol.
    LOL. That's funny.

They are desperate for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^you're almost comparing Paul Bierne to the sheriff of nottingham back in the robin hood days LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    I certainly hope that they don't take parts of the stadium for Partial Packs.

I've gambled on being able to relocate to lesser valued seats (after current STH's have had a chance to relocate).

I'd be furious if they kept seats back from the Gold List graduates relocation event just to split them into partial packs.

Should cheaper seats be held back for the next group to be looked after?

In other words, should yellow seats be held back from STH relocation so that Gold Listers graduates can have some?

Should light greys be held back from the Gold List graduation relocation so some are available for Gold list partial packs?

Should some of them be held back from Gold List partial packs to offer to Red List, or, later on, the general public?

The answer should be NO in all cases.
    There have been light-greys, etc., available for Partial Packs for the last 6 seasons. Some of these seats have never been available for seasons. I don't see why this should change now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't like what they are offering you then pass. It is really only your own fault for not getting seasons earlier. They will never be able to make everyone happy but I think that STH should be taken care of/allowed to relocate to cheaper seats ahead of the waiting listers. I don't see why being on the waiting list should entitle people to have the cheap seats.

MLSE is in the business of making money and selling expensive seats obviously brings in more money than the cheaper ones that they know they will be able to sell anyway.

I was a red lister since mid way though year 1. Last year seasons were offered to me. They weren't in my ideal price range (in fact they were definitely more expensive than I wanted to spend) but I bit the bullet and made other sacrifices here and there to get seasons. I figured worst case I can move my seats in the relocation event the following year.

Bottom line is that if isn't in your price range then pass on them but you have to understand/accept that 1) there could well be someone behind you that is willing to bite the bullet as I was and 2) that if they are offering cheap seats to the waiting list off the bat it means that the attendance is in big trouble.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    Bottom line is that if isn't in your price range then pass on them but you have to understand/accept that 1) there could well be someone behind you that is willing to bite the bullet as I was and 2) that if they are offering cheap seats to the waiting list off the bat it means that the attendance is in big trouble.
    The fact that they are peddling reds and dark greys so hard shows that attendance probably already is going to be an issue.

Add to that all those empty paid seats. Eventually those translate into dropped ticket purchases all together.

The fact is there is a decent market for tickets in the $15-25 range per game for this team. But the market for anything above that has dried up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    The fact that they are peddling reds and dark greys so hard shows that attendance probably already is going to be an issue.

Add to that all those empty paid seats. Eventually those translate into dropped ticket purchases all together.

The fact is there is a decent market for tickets in the $15-25 range per game for this team. But the market for anything above that has dried up.
    More expensive seats are always harder to sell. That's why they start with the people who want seats more than most (waiting list). It is much easier to move cheap tickets which is why they are working hard to sell the more expensive ones now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    More expensive seats are always harder to sell. That's why they start with the people who want seats more than most (waiting list). It is much easier to move cheap tickets which is why they are working hard to sell the more expensive ones now.
    While this is true, this is the first time ever they were selling new seats before the renewal period ended.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Stoufville_RPB

I bought partials for the first couple of years, then bit the bullet and bought Dark grey seasons in year 3, relocated to medium grey in year 4, and then in Light grey in year 5. SSH who have already bit the bullet should get priority access to any available seats. Then the waiting list.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I can tell from the forums, a majority of current seat holders and waiting listers all want the same thing - seats in Light Grey or Yellow. And MLSE is having hard time selling Dark Grey and Red.

We would like to see the stadium full. A full stadium helps the team more then an empty one.

So best solution is for MLSE to change the current seating by increasing size of Light Grey and Medium Grey sections. Ok it would not benefit their wallets, but they can make up the loss revenue in consession and merchandise sales.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know when the relocation events will be, and how we're being informed of them? I have dark greys, which I'm happy with, but wouldn't mind moving a little closer to the pitch and/or toward half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcp-ip View Post
    As far as I can tell from the forums, a majority of current seat holders and waiting listers all want the same thing - seats in Light Grey or Yellow. And MLSE is having hard time selling Dark Grey and Red.

We would like to see the stadium full. A full stadium helps the team more then an empty one.

So best solution is for MLSE to change the current seating by increasing size of Light Grey and Medium Grey sections. Ok it would not benefit their wallets, but they can make up the loss revenue in consession and merchandise sales.
    No, I think they are more likely to fill that space with discounted walk up sales rather than repricing the ST mix, even though that is what they should do. Some of this is driven by current ticketing practices in professional sports more than the specific circumstances at TFC. Right now dynamic pricing is the fad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    ^you're almost comparing Paul Bierne to the sheriff of nottingham back in the robin hood days LOL
    LOL

http://twitter.com/#!/Paulbeirne/sta...03639600881664

Paulbeirne Paul Beirne

Sheriff of Nottingham. <-- I have just been compared to this guy.
    so paul does read the forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    Oh, of course he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    No, I think they are more likely to fill that space with discounted walk up sales rather than repricing the ST mix, even though that is what they should do. Some of this is driven by current ticketing practices in professional sports more than the specific circumstances at TFC. Right now dynamic pricing is the fad.
    If that happens, ssh will have been sucked in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"There have been light-greys, etc., available for Partial Packs for the last 6 seasons. Some of these seats have never been available for seasons. I don't see why this should change now."

My rep told me that if I did not buy the reds or dark greys then there would not be any of those seats available for partial packs that had been in seasons past. So basically buy season tickets or I am out of luck. If that is true then I am screwed. If it is not then I have huge issue with this pressure tacktick.
    NFITz-the stance I took was to not buy their pressure sales and hope that they were full of shit. I complain as it is my right as a fan and a RPB.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As someone mentioned before while even with high renewal rates, how much revenue have they lost?

For example, in my case, I went from paying close to $2000 one year, dropping down to less $1000 the next year to getting into the south end and paying even less.

I'm sure there are others in the same boat.