Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Message:

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    I call you out for your absurd logic, and I'm a Leaf fan/apologist??? Though I guess that's another example of absurd logic.

Similar variations in pricing from row-to-row can be found at entertainment venues across the planet. If there is life on Mars, I'd expect similar there.

If you don't like it, simply change seats at relocation. However, if you can get to all the games at an average of less than $21 a game, then I guess you win. Seems like a lot of work to me though ...

But back to my original question. What is process for existing SSH to add tickets. An e-mail seems to have gone to Gold List for them get seasons ... but nothing to SSH?
    phone your rep, can't see why they wouldn't jump at the opportunity/or at the game they had ssh renewal table set up..ask them for contact
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody renewing who thinks they are just going to be able to downgrade is probably going to be disappointed unless they want the north end, and even then I wonder.

I have been to two different relocation events in the past. They seem quite carefully chereographed, last year I had dark greys, and all the people there were also in dark grays, and pretty much the only thing available was poor dark greys, north end seats....or good upgrades.

Given how they've dropped north end pricing, I'll be very curious to see what happens with those seats. Based on history, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they vanish during relocations events for anyone in better seats.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're not renewing, aren't you on the Gold list? LOL. I guess you're not until next year. Crap maybe you don't even make the red list

Maybe TFC can come up with a new X list?
    Last edited by TorontoPat; 10-02-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Anybody renewing who thinks they are just going to be able to downgrade is probably going to be disappointed unless they want the north end, and even then I wonder.
    I didn't get season tickets in year one and paid for it by having to purchase a half season in year two and then dark greys in year 3 & 4. The relocation event was BS because as you mentioned, everyone was there trying to downgrade as well. My relocation group has always been the busiest one. I finally made it out into light greys but had to wait two seasons before that.

Now they are allowing gold listers to jump ahead and grab seats that I might have wanted to relocate to first? That's not cool at all. I've left a message with my rep already on this. Exisiting STHs should get priority over any other lists. It's the way it was, it's the rules that I had to follow, and its the way it should stay.

No offense to those on the gold list, but they established a pecking order and it should be maintained.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    My final post on the subject. I'm pointing out a price difference in Lower 110 / Upper 110 not the south end. The price in those seats is not $21 a game.
    The price in upper 110 is $21 a game. $399 next year .. 19 games.

You can easily move from medium-grey to light-grey tickets at relocation - I can't believe you couldn't find light-grey pairs at last years relocation ... there were still light-grey pairs available half-way through Gold List. $21 a game average is the target of what you'd be looking to average to not lose money by going to single tickets. Even if you don't go to every game, light-greys are not difficult to get rid of.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i called my rep as well about how gold waiting list people can jump on new seats before ssh relocate and said this is not cool... he said we need to sell seats... i said yep but treat your ssh fair first! he had no response to that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post

1. I can't believe you couldn't find light-grey pairs at last years relocation ...

2. there were still light-grey pairs available half-way through Gold List.

Good luck!
    1st point.....believe it. I was in the very last time slot for seat relocation and there were absolutely no light greys in 111 and some of those other sections. 2 days later my extra ticket opportunity came up and I had a huge variety of seats to choose from in 111 and other areas that were NOT available during my relocation.

2nd point.......this is the problem. TFC FO held back cheaper seats from those who wanted to relocate in order to acquire more SSH's in general as they knew that many on the Gold List wouldn't pay upwards of $1000 a seat. It was disloyal to those that had been WAITING patiently to get cheaper seats in a more desirable section. It appears that they intend to keep this tradition alive as well.

This is one of the MAJOR issues I have with this organization. I won't go on about it as I have complained to my reps and did so in the survey as well, but it most certainly factored into my decision to NOT renew 2 of my four seats this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emailed me rep regarding the Gold list:

"
    Hey Ken,
    Thanks for the email… yes, this seems to be a hot topic with my season seat holders.
    Not to worry, the existing season seat holders will get first priority on relocation ---so you will get the best seat options… anyone who buys season seats for the first time from the GOLD LIST will get second options, so whatever is left over.

We want to treat our existing season seat holders the best and so the new people will have to work the system for years to come in order to get their dream seats.
    Does that help?

Ps- pass the word around, if anyone else asks…. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    Emailed me rep regarding the Gold list:

"
    Hey Ken,
    Thanks for the email… yes, this seems to be a hot topic with my season seat holders.
    Not to worry, the existing season seat holders will get first priority on relocation ---so you will get the best seat options… anyone who buys season seats for the first time from the GOLD LIST will get second options, so whatever is left over.

We want to treat our existing season seat holders the best and so the new people will have to work the system for years to come in order to get their dream seats.
    Does that help?

Ps- pass the word around, if anyone else asks…. "
    I got a similar response after inquiring. My rep is Ben. I am guessing he is your rep as well based on the similar response. I am hopeful they will honour this approach or I will snap.

" Thanks Doug for the email… this seems to be a popular topic for my season seats holders.
    So here are the facts…. Existing season seat holders (like you) will get preference in the relocation event.. you’re time for relocation will come before the new Season Seat holders, so they will have left over seats after you guys pick yours.

Please pass the word around…. We always treat our existing season seat holders the best. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's funny is it doesn't look like he answered the question. He talks about the relocation event in isolation but never mentions the pruchasing of seats. Kinda crafty word play. I think we might be getting screwed.

I followed up with a very direct email:

"I don't think you answered my question. Will anyone have the opportunity to purchase new seats before I have the opportunity to relocate?"

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly...

He is referring to the relocation event. Existing SSHs have priority.

Nothing is preventing a Gold Lister from swooping in and buying the Light Greys before that event is held.

I was offered Light Greys as a Gold Lister last year and did not purchase. I'll let you know what I am offered this year as I will be presumably higher up on the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got off the phone with my rep (David) and went through this timeline with him:

1. STH Renewal Period starts
    2. STH Renewal Period ends
    3. Gold Listers put down deposit on their new tickets - these tickets do not come from the non-renewed seats - they come from a seperate pool mostly dark greys & reds
    4. Existing STHs go to relocation
    5. New STH have their relocation event after - choosing from the leftovers

undetermined - when existing STHs will be able to purchase additional tickets

That's a better set-up for me, a STH, but still seems asinine. They should just have the gold listers do everything AFTER the STHs and then there would be no confusion.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    I just got off the phone with my rep (David) and went through this timeline with him:

3. Gold Listers put down deposit on their new tickets - these tickets do not come from the non-renewed seats - they come from a seperate pool mostly dark greys & reds

That's a better set-up for me, a STH, but still seems asinine. They should just have the gold listers do everything AFTER the STHs and then there would be no confusion.
    You always have to look for the business logic. They want people hooked like their "renew and commit to next year before you see if you can relocate to something you can afford better" policy. Maybe they sell the possibility of relocation to light greys during your step 3 if that is the way it works. Maybe some people will take the bait and try and if lucky they get some. If not MLSE got another dark grey/red sale anyway so they win either way. The only crime would be if med grey or lower priced were allowed in that pool of tickets. Considering they held back cheaper seats for the gold list in the past I wouldn't be surprised at anything.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't afford dark greys. Light blue (North end) is the best I'll be able to do.

However, since I'm likely to be very near the top of the list, I'll take the cheapest damn seats they have.

I've been on the waiting list since before the first game, and my name is on the Inaugural Season fans wall.

With the new D3 level league starting up in Ontario next year, I'll have lots of football to go to.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been waiting for a south end ticket to call my own for 4 years. Not gonna get me as a SSH any other way :P. No problems getting tickets on a per match basis, and don't see it getting any harder in the next 2 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their system is pretty well designed IMHO - to benefit them of course. This system is set up in such away that they can allow people who have committed to tickets to downgrade if and only if someone else is committed to the more expensive seat they are leaving behind. That way the will not lose money from people moving to a lower price bracket - only gain money from new renewals. If MLSE let someone who has already committed to renewing a Dark Grey move to a light Grey with no one else committed to taking that vacated Dark Grey - they are effectively giving up guaranteed revenue.

STH have to commit to their existing seats, and Gold Listers have to commit to higher priced seats to get in. Once the pass step three they know how many folks are committed to tickets in which sections. If there is enough uptake from the Gold List (who will be committed to the expensive seats) they can allow some of the STH's to downgrade without losing commitments to more expensive seats.

However - if the uptake on from the Gold List on the expensive seats is low, they don't have to open up the avenue for existing holders to downgrade and save money. At this point - I suspect they would open up the inventory of the cheaper seats to new customers - as these people will be new revenue at that time. Probably under the guise of "Renewals have been so strong - we are opening up 1000 more seats" or some such marketing spiel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So given the burst of discussion on here, the FO will probably sprinkle 1 or 2 pairs downgrades into each relocation event.

But on the broader question of holding back most or all non-renewals for the SSH base, I don't believe them.

Not saying I hold it against the FO or the reps. The rep is telling you what he has been told.

If you've never been involved in doing sales of this nature....rent Glengarry Glen Ross. People's jobs are on the line. It's war.

The FO need cheaper, better quality seats for the waiting lists. It's the way it is. Better that any SSH be objective about likely outcomes.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-03-2011 at 01:09 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you ensco, my rep has been good with me in the past and he's going on what he is being told - so I can't fault him.

I'm already in light greys right now, so I just want to move around in my section/price group. That's my issue with the non-renewals going to Gold listers first is that they are not just limiting the ability of people to downgrade, but also those looking to just move around the stadium. I like my seats, just not my neighbours and I now know why the people before us left.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you ensco, my rep has been good with me in the past and he's going on what he is being told - so I can't fault him.

I'm already in light greys right now, so I just want to move around in my section/price group. That's my issue with the non-renewals going to Gold listers first is that they are not just limiting the ability of people to downgrade, but also those looking to just move around the stadium. I like my seats, just not my neighbours and I now know why the people before us left.
    Man that would be shit to give up seats you like because the people around you suck. Isn't it anything that you can have addressed with your rep or are they just annoying? I hear ya on that one. One year I was being driven crazy by the group directly in front of me every game and as much as I liked the seats I just couldn't stand being in their presence anymore. I wished they broke some rules so I could get rid of them even for a game but no rules about being an obnoxious human being apparently. I check the fine print even....nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought my first season tickets last year for the start of season V. I had no cheap seats to choose from at all. The north end and dark greys I think were my cheapest options (I ended up buying the dark greys). Definitely nothing in the south end. So I'm not sure they hold those seats to entice first time season seat holders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am facing the reality that I may not be able to relocate to the sections of my choice. I am currently in 109 and I am looking to move to 110-118. I love my seats but I cannot afford to renew at $950 per.

I am thinking of relocating to the north stands as a fallback option on relocation day if the other options aren't there. I would prefer to be among like minded supporters. I don't expect to stand in a non-supporter section but I will chant for the reds even if I am sitting.

Is anyone else considering this possibility? 131, 132, 133 or 134? 131 would be the closest to the NEE so piggybacking on the odd one of their chants might be possible. Any supporters in the north out there? What section in the North has the best passion / potential?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Man that would be shit to give up seats you like because the people around you suck. Isn't it anything that you can have addressed with your rep or are they just annoying? I hear ya on that one. One year I was being driven crazy by the group directly in front of me every game and as much as I liked the seats I just couldn't stand being in their presence anymore. I wished they broke some rules so I could get rid of them even for a game but no rules about being an obnoxious human being apparently. I check the fine print even....nothing.
    It is sort of like the housing market isn't it?

Generally speaking, while there are wing nuts on both sides, you are more apt to have neighbour issues with renters than owners. Renters may not care for the "property" as much as owners. They are there for the moment and usually for their own gratification.

Lots of partials through 111 and 110 and honestly the most frustrating "fan moments" for me have come from my seats in 111 near the top that I gave up last year.

This year, I bought quite a few games off a STH in 111 and added them to my own in the dark greys. While the atmosphere is night and day, there were some days where we gave up the 111 seats to sit in the dark greys just to be able to watch the game without the running drunken coaching commentary, the odd wiff of the wacky tobacky, and the facebook picture seekers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaos197O View Post
    1st point.....believe it. I was in the very last time slot for seat relocation and there were absolutely no light greys in 111 and some of those other sections. 2 days later my extra ticket opportunity came up and I had a huge variety of seats to choose from in 111 and other areas that were NOT available during my relocation.
    Ah ... that makes sense if you were in the last group. They were splitting the available seats between relocates and Gold. Perhaps that part of the reason they are letting Gold get their seats this year before the SSH renewals are done, so that they don't get first crack at all the light-greys that don't renew.

Quote Originally Posted by kaos197O View Post
    It appears that they intend to keep this tradition alive as well.
    What do you mean? It's different this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 and 111 are lousy with partials huh? What light grey areas would be better off then? Right now I'm open to anything - I may even switch to two separate singles in yellow if they are close enough together and hope for some understanding from the neighbours...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year I renewed my med-dark greys and found a great pair of light greys at the relocation event. I was able to save about $500 at the relo event going from a $1300 pair to an $800 pair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    Last year I renewed my med-dark greys and found a great pair of light greys at the relocation event. I was able to save about $500 at the relo event going from a $1300 pair to an $800 pair.
    I had dark greys and was able to relocate to light greys.. My bank account was so relieved!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ any date on relocation given out yet? mid-November?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    I had dark greys and was able to relocate to light greys.. My bank account was so relieved!
    Interesting. There was no ability to downgrade at all at my event. Can you guys speak to relative quality? (ie where exactly in the light greys did you wind up?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. There was no ability to downgrade at all at my event. Can you guys speak to relative quality? (ie where exactly in the light greys did you wind up?)
    Two factors affect what's available:

1. What the groups before you gave up (when they upgrade/downgrade their seats become available)
    2. Your priority number - you are prioritized within your group as to who has more seniority - based on when you purchased your tickets - sometimes down to the minute. If you like a set of available seats but someone in your group has a higher priority number, they can 'bump' you off of them. I had the worst number in my group and got bumped out of pairs in 110 and 111 and the south end.

I moved from dark greys in 109 to light greys in 220. Same angle, same height (I was near the top of 109 and now at the bottom of 220). I went from ~2300 to ~1000 and will drop down to $800 this year (no MLS cup)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe my relocation event was mixed in with the guys coming off the gold list last year? I had a later date than most people here.

There was all kinds of cheaper options available, I think there was some south end tickets too, I was more interested in an affordable sitting section with a great view. I moved from top of 221 to upper 105 (six seats from the aisle to 106). I pay $399 a ticket and the seats across the aisle are $1000 each and the seats 10 rows below me are also about $1000 each. If I do renew this year, I'll go to the relo event again, if nothing better is available. I'll be happy with my seats again.