Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect that they make their money on the beer, concessions and shirt sales from the guys in the cheap seats.

When I was looking at seasons in the reds, I decided that there would be no beer at the game, no shirts, no bags of peanuts, no pulled pork butties, etc.

Now that I have seasons tickets in 127, there will be a beer or more per game, new shirt, the occasional bite to eat (I seriously love the pulled pork), etc.

So, I'm not sure that they make 4 or 5 times as much from supporters as they do from the prawn sandwich crowd.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    I suspect that they make their money on the beer, concessions and shirt sales from the guys in the cheap seats.

When I was looking at seasons in the reds, I decided that there would be no beer at the game, no shirts, no bags of peanuts, no pulled pork butties, etc.

Now that I have seasons tickets in 127, there will be a beer or more per game, new shirt, the occasional bite to eat (I seriously love the pulled pork), etc.

So, I'm not sure that they make 4 or 5 times as much from supporters as they do from the prawn sandwich crowd.
    Hmm.. I think I'm going to finally try one at BMO this season. I've always thought their sausages were quite acceptable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just after 3pm, I received the email below, but I don't know what it means.

I have four seasons tickets...are they offering me a chance to split my four up into two pair? Would be nice...that way my seatmate and his girlfriend gets billed in future, and there isn't a huge expense on my credit card every year.

Or does it mean something else entirely?

Anyone?

Your Toronto FC Account Number: xxxxxx

Huyton,
    Last season we became aware that, during your initial account set up or account administration changes over the last few years, some of our "Season Seat Holders" do not have direct access to the many Season Seat Holder account benefits such as ticket exchange and ticket forwarding.
    We are offering renewed Season Seat Holders a one-time window to clarify their account information and, where necessary, re-allocate their seats.
    Please review and note the following details:
    • Only the current Account Holder of record can request a seat re-allocation
    • Both parties will be required to sign a seat re-allocation form
    • Re-allocated seats must have been in the original account for the 2011 season
    • Inception dates of re-allocated seats will reflect the date of re-allocation
    • Re-allocations are irrevocable and binding
    • Tickets will be delivered to the original account holder in mid March.
    Click Here to download the seat re-allocation form and fax it to (416) 815-5452.
    Note: We must receive all completed forms by no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 2nd, 2012.
    All account re-allocations will be completed by March 16th, 2012.
    Sincerely,
    Toronto FC
    //ALL FOR US

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ This just means, if you used to have seasons tickets, and have transferred them to someone else (i.e., they're paying for them), but those seats are still under your name: they will now give you a chance to officially transfer those seats to the other person, so they will be in their name from now on.

Same is true I guess, if you transfer 2 or your original 4 seats to someone else, for example. In your case, I guess that means you can transfer that pair of tickets to your buddy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I just might take advantage of this.

I'd also think that scalpers would love this...they can split their tickets up and then buy additional ones next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would there be any benefit for me to doing this? The tickets are primarily for my wife and I. Any good reason I should reallocate? The only one I can think of is if we ended up having to get more than 4 season tickets for the family. The inception date reset for reallocation makes it sound like it would be a pain if we ever wanted to move our seats together.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I do think that transferring your seats in this way, will put the new seatholder at the bottom of the pecking order for future seat relocations. Doesn't seem worth it for a couple.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The timing is right for this move. As discussed earlier in the thread, it seems like the have exhausted the waiting list, so the potential for people to try to take advantage of this, and go on kijiji and offer seat transfer for a fee are slim. Aside from a few high demand sections, I don`t see that happening.
    I think its a great goodwill gesture by the team.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just bought a season tick in the north, 580 taxes inc, no waiting list.

I think they mistook the waiting list as people wanting tickets in general, not fans who want to be in supporters sections and one thing that does bother me is a ton of peope have bought tickets in supporters sections because they are cheap and want to look at other people getting their support on as a novelty, taking pictures of the people around them while not participating and they're not because they care, but because its cheap and I think that is a travesty.

There should be two sections, cheap fan section vs a supporters section and tickets bought in the supporters section should be for supporters. It will improve everyones gameday experience and create less conflict between the prawns control crowd and supporters.

or the south end should be GA with bleachers...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^

i agree. but at this stage, aside from an expansion of the south end, there really is no solution. You just have to hope that when those seats are available for relocation, that people who will participate in the experience, get in them.

i am more annoyed at the person who posted a pair of seasons in 110 on kijiji for $1,300.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    ^^^^

i agree. but at this stage, aside from an expansion of the south end, there really is no solution. You just have to hope that when those seats are available for relocation, that people who will participate in the experience, get in them.

i am more annoyed at the person who posted a pair of seasons in 110 on kijiji for $1,300.
    Depending on the row that is the face value for a pair (Rows 19 and lower)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

row 20 I think the ad said. Its not gouging, but as I've posted before, its just frustrating looking at seats that are sold but unused, when I could use those seats (as could many others posting on this forum).
    I just hope the guy doesnt renew every year hoping to just sell for a profit. But then again, my season seat is in 104 and all my friends are in 110. I am going to have to hope for some room in the section so I have a place to stand every game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could someone explain this.
    There is over 400 pairs of season tickets available as per TFC wesite and advesrtising.
    Now why is there a waiting list?
    A waiting list for what? seaosn tickets?
    That is a joke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its been mentioned quite a bit already, but those that remain on the waiting list most likely are looking for cheaper seats. People are less willing to pay for dark greys and hope they can downgrade the next year.

We saw more than a few people complaining when they first opened up ST to the waiting list this year. They offered dark greys to everyone and said they could downgrade at the relocation event. The ticket reps all but guaranteed that there would be cheaper seats but everyone doubted them - I don't recall hearing complaints after the relocation event, so they must have been able to downgrade.

TLDR; no one wants the expensive seats or willing to take a chance for a year like in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally managed to pick up season seats at the end of last season (mid field) after waiting 4 yrs on the waiting list. Rep had let me aware that i would have a chance when the relocation took place to downgrade and when the opportunity presented itself I was able to score SS in sec 127 of the NEE. Oh how March can't come soon enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any idea when the tickets go out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Any idea when the tickets go out?
    I tweeted TFC today asking the same thing, and they mentioned mid-March, with no official day confirmed yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a tweet from Paul Beirne saying it's next week (Tues/Wed)

@Paulbeirne
    I just opened my personal ticket package for 2012 MLS season. They are SWEET! No pics. Don't want to ruin the surprise. ETA is next Tues-Wed

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Beirne tweeted a couple of days ago that they should go out Tuesday/Wednesday of next week.
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

s'gotta be soon. Last week in March is typical.

edit - nevermind
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video interview of Paul Beirne discussing 2012 Season Tickets:

http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/3/11/2862253/2012-tfc-season-tickets-sales
    Last edited by moralis; 03-11-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bump... you know, just to be THAT guy.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha