Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I became a season ticket holder a couple weeks ago (Light Gray - Section 220). I didn't have to go through any waiting list(s)... just a simple phone call to the TFC Goal Line. I, like many others before me, was offered everything from Reds to Dark Grays, with the Light Blues and Light Grays also being an option. I went with the cheapest option but hope to join the supporters alliances at some point down the road (I wanted to be a part of it right away but it's impossible due to the demand).

Now I just have to figure out what to do with my flag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luketfc View Post
    I became a season ticket holder a couple weeks ago (Light Gray - Section 220). I didn't have to go through any waiting list(s)... just a simple phone call to the TFC Goal Line. I, like many others before me, was offered everything from Reds to Dark Grays, with the Light Blues and Light Grays also being an option. I went with the cheapest option but hope to join the supporters alliances at some point down the road (I wanted to be a part of it right away but it's impossible due to the demand).

Now I just have to figure out what to do with my flag.
    wow

I recall my phone call from a couple of months ago saying that Reds/Dark Grays are the ONLY way to get season tickets. I politely declined, but I know see that this was all a crock of bs. It's quite obvious that the waiting list is bs as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mw83krk View Post
    wow

I recall my phone call from a couple of months ago saying that Reds/Dark Grays are the ONLY way to get season tickets. I politely declined, but I know see that this was all a crock of bs. It's quite obvious that the waiting list is bs as well.
    The term "smoke and mirrors" comes to mind. Good for folks like me who have been eagerly anticipating the chance to become STH but not good for the dwindling support of this club.

The FO can be blamed for most of these problems but at the same time I can't help but feel that a lot of people have jumped off the bandwagon in the past couple of seasons.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow

To be fair, they did say that there will be a very good chance to relocate at the event, and I think everyone who wanted to move did so.

The people getting tickets now are simply getting those that weren't picked up at relocation, so really if you signed up at the beginning you had the better seats.

Relocation was excellent this year. I was able to move into 111.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTFC View Post
    To be fair, they did say that there will be a very good chance to relocate at the event, and I think everyone who wanted to move did so.

The people getting tickets now are simply getting those that weren't picked up at relocation, so really if you signed up at the beginning you had the better seats.

Relocation was excellent this year. I was able to move into 111.
    If you don't mind me asking, which section did you move from and how many seasons did it take you to relocate into 111? I presume the relocation event is an annual thing?

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Luke...

I got seasons tickets for the first time this year after being on the Gold list since Season 2. I opted for the marlies ransom pack that I was offered at the end of the first season. Seasons 3 and 4, I was offered only expensive Reds. Unlike many others, I opted not to take them and stayed on the waiting list...getting a partial pack or two each year. Along the way, I've gone from 2 tickets (my seatmate and I) to 3 tickets, where my son and his girlfriend alternated games, to three tickets for each of the two partial packs.

This year, my son is working and Jamies girlfriend is hooked on the game, so we needed 4 tickets.

I gambled that there would be cheaper tickets available at the relocation event for graduated Gold listers (this was new this year) and got 4 in Section 223. They were good seats, but at $988 each, they were too rich for my blood. However, when my time came to relocate, I was able to get four in a Supporters Section - 127. I couldn't get four in a row, I got two in one row and the other two right behind.

From what I gather, there were light greys available right through the relocation events. Depending on how many tickets you had, you might have had to get a bit creative, but you could do it. One of the things that was tempting was that there were four seats scattered throughout the south stand. I was thinking of taking them and just standing together anyway, in whichever section had the most space.

However, in the end, we opted for standing together in 127, among the NEE.

I suspect we'll be attending relocation events for a few years to come. Our original aim was to get into the South Stand, and that may still happen. Then again, we may find that we already have a good home amongst the loud, proud, flag-waving people of section 127. We'll have to see. None of us have ever seen a game from there.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very off topic...kind of.

I have been a casual TFC Fan for the duration of TFC, but I only recently have I bought the CCL Tickets this year. With this purchase I was then offered season tickets and I went through the process of being offered Reds...and then jerked around to now where I have been offered seats anywhere.

But at the end I am a student and can`t afford the tickets, as bad as I want them. I`ll get a partial pack but thats all I can do for now.

What I am worried is that this is this time to buy in for tickets. I`ve drank the kool-aid and I only see and upside for the team, but with an upside to the overall record comes an upside in demand for tickets and prices.

Will I regret not getting seats this year?
    Last edited by ouderwien; 12-21-2011 at 12:53 AM. Reason: grammar, etc. im drunk

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ LOL, don't worry. When we're as good as Barca & sold out all the time, they'll probably expand the stadium.

Getting a partial pack will at least get you a better spot in line for next year -- especially since many partial pack holders have likely now graduated to full season's. I don't think the team is going to get that amazing & that popular within a year or two. Save up some $, maybe you can afford to get your foot in the door with seasons tickets in a couple of years.

Or do you know anyone you can split a single seasons ticket with now, at the lowest price you can get (likely light-grey)? The per-game price is lower for a SSH, compared with a partial pack owner, so this may be worth it, plus it gets you higher up in the pecking order.

Otherwise, there's always the ticket trader thread...
    Last edited by Auzzy; 12-21-2011 at 02:09 AM.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow

I recall my phone call from a couple of months ago saying that Reds/Dark Grays are the ONLY way to get season tickets. I politely declined, but I now see that this was all a crock of bs. It's quite obvious that the waiting list is bs as well.
    Now that the group's election is over and down with, it might be prudent for Phil and Rob to bring this point up when they meet with the club next. It would be nice to get some idea as to what the real availability of seats are when members are renewing their tickets.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are probably really regretting that north stand expansion at this point. That extra supply is definitely not helping them out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

via Twitter

KurtLarSUN K Larson
    For those that missed it, #TFC announced today they had a SSH renewal rate of 85% and that the 15% loss has been made up by new holders.

So I suppose we're still at around 16000 SSH.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    via Twitter

KurtLarSUN K Larson
    For those that missed it, #TFC announced today they had a SSH renewal rate of 85% and that the 15% loss has been made up by new holders.

Yeah. Right.

85% of what? 15% of what?

I'm still an SSH but have cut my spend 50%.

It is obvious to anyone attending games, or the relocation event, that the total SSH ticket count is down quite significantly over the last two years, and I don't believe anyone who says 2012 is flat compared to 2011.

I think it's shortsighted. The SSHs are their good faith partners, so act like it. Creating fake perceptions of scarcity just makes the SSH base more angry when they have to eat tickets because no one will buy them.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-06-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Yeah. Right.

85% of what? 15% of what?

I'm still an SSH but have cut my spend 50%.

It is obvious to anyone attending games, or the relocation event, that the total SSH ticket count is down quite significantly over the last two years, and I don't believe anyone who says 2012 is flat compared to 2011.

I think it's shortsighted. The SSHs are their good faith partners, so act like it. Creating fake perceptions of scarcity just makes the SSH base more angry when they have to eat tickets because no one will buy them.
    I'm a SSH and I'm not angry. I really don't understand your anger at them. I don't feel like I'm eating any tickets because nobody will buy them. They have close to 6000 tickets to sell to non SSH for every game and always have. Demand dictates how those tickets sell I would guess.

I couldn't care if everyone renews or nobody renews. They set a price and I've already paid it. I debated renewing because of the on field performance, but the team turned it around enough for me to stay for at least another year. I imagine there are lots of people like me. Once I made the commitment for 2012 my interest in how many tickets are being sold or how they sell them disappeared. You're talking about how they were selling tickets in season 3, this is season 6 now. That is a lingering anger. What is keeping you as a customer?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    I'm a SSH and I'm not angry. I really don't understand your anger at them. I don't feel like I'm eating any tickets because nobody will buy them. They have close to 6000 tickets to sell to non SSH for every game and always have. Demand dictates how those tickets sell I would guess.

I couldn't care if everyone renews or nobody renews. They set a price and I've already paid it. I debated renewing because of the on field performance, but the team turned it around enough for me to stay for at least another year. I imagine there are lots of people like me. Once I made the commitment for 2012 my interest in how many tickets are being sold or how they sell them disappeared. You're talking about how they were selling tickets in season 3, this is season 6 now. That is a lingering anger. What is keeping you as a customer?
    This is a thoughtful post.

Not angry.

They compete with many (not all) SSHs when selling those 6000 (or however many) seats. I don't like being treated as a putz. They put the 100% renewal stuff out there, then put boatloads of tickets in travelzoo and the like, making it impossible to get off seats even at a loss.

I also assume that when someone treats me as a putz they do it with others. How we SSHs have been treated is bad, and evidence of other unattractive things. You worry about the engine maintenance when the airline doesn't clean the coffee cup stains off the tray tables. I see evidence of the same bad faith in the way many players have been dealt with.

To your main point, I had 6 tickets at one time, now I'm down to two. So they've barely "kept" me.

I love the team, and the sport. Were it based just on how this FO has treated it's fans, I'd be long gone as an SSH (I'd be going to games in any scenario, like most of us here, it's a compulsion). But I can't make it to about half the games, and I remain annoyed about having to resell at a loss. Reading bogus press releases about renewal rates just makes it worse.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-06-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    via Twitter

KurtLarSUN K Larson

I called a few days ago to ask when the heck they'd be selling the partial packs, it's super late this year. They tried to sell me season's.

So if they are 100% renewed already am I to assume they're actually trying to increase the 16k number even higher? Doubtful.

Oh, and another really really interesting thing said to me. There's no guarantee the partial packs will be in 110/111 or any other section the same as last year. Hindsight is 20/20. But I also wouldn't be shocked if this was an outright lie.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They've said since the fall, that they want to sell more season's tickets than ever before (leaving less for partials & especially single ticket sales). Therefore, "85 renewal rate" (which may or may not be 85% of the seat count of seasons tickets, as explained by others), plus "making up the 15% loss by new holders" is still less than what they were hoping for. Therefore, I assume the season ticket drive will continue, and that may be one reason they're holding back the partial packs. Plus, the reps will be busy with the CCL game now.

Perhaps partial packs will only be offered very late this time, maybe around the time when they offer the single-game tickets?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Perhaps partial packs will only be offered very late this time, maybe around the time when they offer the single-game tickets?
    A sensible move. That will eliminate the complaining by people of not liking what games they get. Didn't they say last year that partials would go on sale in February?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spoke with my rep about partials last week. I know that last year I made my first payment before Christmas so this is very late. I was told that partials will likely go on sale in February. They wanted the schedule confirmed so that when you bought your partials you knew what games you were getting. Also, my rep couldn't say if they would be sold as a half season or in thirds or what availability/sections there would be. He was still pushing seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What seasons are being pushed anyone ask or get told what sections are available?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Looks as if Season Seat Sales/Renewals were dismal. Just got an e-mail that would allow me to buy more Season's for this year. Not good for the club but good to know as supporters that Supply>Demand.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got this email, even though I'm already a SSH:

This isyour chance to join the club and become a Season Seat Holder.
    To purchase, click here to book your seats for 2012!
    Your 2012 season seat package includes:

• 17 Regular Season MLS Games
    • 2 Amway Canadian Championship Games

Most locations have already sold out and there are only 55 pairs left in Light Blue at this point. Click here for full details on available sections and pricing.
    In addition, all purchases before February 10th will be guaranteed:

• Commemorative season ticket stock
    • TFC authentic Season Seat Holder scarf

This season is shaping up to be a very exciting one for our club. We are on pace to sell out the Rogers Centre for our Champions League Quarterfinals match on Wednesday, March 7th, have a solid nucleus of talented and dedicated players, and Aron Winter and his management team have high expectations this year.
    Kickoff for the 2012 season is right around the corner and we look forward to having you be a part of it.
    For any further questions, please contact us at 416-360-GOAL (4625).
    Toronto FC
    //ALL FOR ONE
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and the map has a lot of sections that aren't sold out.
    although most of them are the prawny seats.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ What is the link to the seat map? Not sure if I got the email -- if yes I deleted it. There's no link in Oldtimer's post. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PB just sent out a tweet saying only 500 pairs of season seats are left. Next week they move on to partial packs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section 122 no longer is Section 122!!!

Sadly, the seats most scene by TV cameras all have available tickets... I know its not much, but empty seats on TV look blah!
    Last edited by Carts; 02-07-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    PB just sent out a tweet saying only 500 pairs of season seats are left. Next week they move on to partial packs.
    Beirne is making a mistake. He is going to have to answer for this stuff someday. There are only so many times you get to say "only X left" in one lifetime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Beirne is making a mistake. He is going to have to answer for this stuff someday. There are only so many times you get to say "only X left" in one lifetime.
    Personally, what he's saying is far better than saying something like "...its ALMOST SOLD OUT - get your tickets fast!..."

Technically, the above line is correct - if there's only 1000 of appx 20,000 season tickets left, then yeah they're almost sold out...

At least this way, he's sticking to the numbers (rounded even)...

If he said something like I posted above, and after the first game there was an ad for season tickets, people would be calling for his head on a platter...

Carts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoever has run their pricing strategy over the last few year needs to be slapped around a bit. Anyone who could see through the fog would notice that was all about short-run performance and not in their interests in the long run.

They have to be realistic, and think about what their actions are going to mean to the brand as well as how price-sensitive a product they are dealing with.

I looked at tickets today BTW and there are some reasonably priced seats available. However, I'm stuck with the feeling that committing to seats is no deal at this point. I can pick up the same stuff through some other channel for less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    However, I'm stuck with the feeling that committing to seats is no deal at this point. I can pick up the same stuff through some other channel for less.
    This was exactly my reason for saying no last fall. Really, the only value of buying seasons this year is as an insurance against the (highly unlikely imho) probability that the team will have an amazing resurgence in popularity and that seats will once again become scarce before the next renewal.