Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    There will be 1 or 2 tkts in 112 aisle 15 not renewed.
    1 tkt left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    i just tried to renew my single in 112 with the 4 payment option.

first off i think it tried to charge my card at that moment when it says it will be taken out in october, and secondly i keep getting errors when i submitt payment saying there was a payment problem, i checked my credit card and there are lots of funds available.

anyone have this problem???
    no issues for me.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I'm in the same situation.
    I'm up in row 25 of 111.
    Although, I think I have been in those seats maybe twice this year.
    It's pretty sad. Up to even 2 years ago the top of 111 was a great section. We sang and chanted all game, no issues with tourist or people sitting, and now 111 is just so damn tame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to renew, but I'm going to wait until a day or 2 before the deadline. I haven't read the fine print, but I doubt I'm eligable to win any of the prizes, and if I wait until the end of the renewal period the charge will hit the beginning of the next billing period on my credit card, giving me almost an extra month before the bill's due.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm dropping 2 for sure in 109 and will look to mOve my other 2 from 111 to something cheaper. The way it is now you can sit virtually wherever you want in the more expesive sections whether you have tickets in them or not. Renewals will likely be as poor as last season I would imagine. Not enough positives from this season to inspire a huge amount of interest in acquiring Season Seats from those who don't already have them either. Should be a tough couple of months for the ticket sales reps yet again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaos197O View Post
    I'm dropping 2 for sure in 109 and will look to mOve my other 2 from 111 to something cheaper. The way it is now you can sit virtually wherever you want in the more expesive sections whether you have tickets in them or not. Renewals will likely be as poor as last season I would imagine. Not enough positives from this season to inspire a huge amount of interest in acquiring Season Seats from those who don't already have them either. Should be a tough couple of months for the ticket sales reps yet again.

i would disagree, just look at the last home match against colorado...the time was switched to earlier and the stadium was full...previous matches during the mid season down swing the stadium wasnt even close to be full...it seems the fans are seeing a turn around...and i would bet the remaining few games will be close to sell outs as well...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    i would disagree, just look at the last home match against colorado...the time was switched to earlier and the stadium was full...previous matches during the mid season down swing the stadium wasnt even close to be full...it seems the fans are seeing a turn around...and i would bet the remaining few games will be close to sell outs as well...
    One of which is against the Red Bulls...the second bigger crowd puller in the league! I think the NE game will be a better indication of the REAL support for TFC - the end of October, it will probably be chilly....that will only draw the REAL fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Colorado game wasn't full. Lots of empties.
    The Sun made mention in their game story, too:

>>The Reds, now 6-12-12, outplayed the Rapids in the first half despite a 2-0 shots on goal edge for the visitors, but had nothing to show for it in front of an announced crowd of 20,318 that was likely about 5,000 people short of that number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I'm in 113, and I will be renewing.

However, I will say, that if I was in ANY other section other than the supporters section, I would no way be renewing. Even the hardest of hardcore fans would find it difficult to justify the massive cost in renewing some of those season tickets! When we are talking $1000, you really can't justify paying that!

It's not about being a REAL fan, or a RPB, or bleeding TFC blood, its about justifying paying a massive amount of money and getting some entertainment value out of it. You simply cannot justify paying $1000 for a seat where you are miserable every Saturday nght.

The price of the supporters section is the ONLY one that has ANY value for money, so I feel very lucky to have a season ticket in that section. Otherwise, I wouldn't be renewing.
    You're "miserable" every Saturday night when TFC wins slightly more than it loses at home? To each his own, I guess. I'd be miserable if they had no wins at home........ but they play decently at home. Now, if I was going to the road games, I'd be miserable. But I don't... I only pay for home games and I've seen a modest winning record for my money.

Secondly, any statement of value is a subjective, individual decision. I just paid $1900 for my two dark greys and I disagree that it doesn't have "ANY value for money". I have a good time watching TFC, and it's a good night out with my father. I can justify the money. If you can't afford $1000 fine, but that's a personal decision based upon one's own finances. To state that it doesn't have value for other people means you're speaking for other people.
    Last edited by rocker; 09-26-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the first couple of seasons this team meant something to me, but its worn off.
    I renewed my 2 seats for next year in section 111, and plan on selling half the games to a friend, and giving 2-4 games to my nephew.

TFC games are just for fun
    see you next year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mightydrm View Post
    What kind of "supporters" are most of the posters on this blog? "Miserable whinging bastards" is more like it than Red Patch Boys. Yes, TFC screwed up with the price hike last year. Yes, they should have kept DeRo. But so what? BMO is a great experience when we make it one - and Winter so far has made excellent moves to support our desire for a winning team. So for all you whiners - please don't renew. (If you really have tickets, which I seriously doubt). I'm renewing, because I really enjoy TFC, and BMO. If you don't, we don't need, or want, you.
    Oh I think TFC needs us. Team won't last long if only a few hundred show up for a game.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billygrieveuk View Post
    the first couple of seasons this team meant something to me, but its worn off.
    I renewed my 2 seats for next year in section 111, and plan on selling half the games to a friend, and giving 2-4 games to my nephew.

TFC games are just for fun
    see you next year!
    I understand what you're saying.
    Constant losing can sometimes take the passion out of things.
    Lord knows, I don't feel quite the same way about the Leafs anymore.
    The only cure is winning.
    I'll probably renew my tix for 2012, but another year of misery might do me in.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As always, as a Gold Lister, I will have to wait quite a while for the renewal circus to get around to me. It will be interesting what sort of partial packs they end up marketing next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    As always, as a Gold Lister, I will have to wait quite a while for the renewal circus to get around to me. It will be interesting what sort of partial packs they end up marketing next season.
    I'd look into why you weren't offered seats. I was offered the opportunity last season and I was on the red list.
    Last edited by TorontoPat; 09-26-2011 at 07:30 PM.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoPat View Post
    I'd look into why you weren't offered seats. I was offered the opportunity and I was on the red list.
    Sorry. What I meant was they start with the full season seats and after they have dealt with them and their relocation requests then they get to the Gold list (and the Red List after that). I have been on the gold list for 3 seasons but never got the same seats twice.

They always seem to hold back a certain, unknown, number of seats in all of the price ranges for partial pack sales which I appreciate because as an out of towner more than 4 hours away a full season is just not on.

We went from 6 game "ransom" packs (hated paying for those those Marlie tickets), to 6 game partials and then 9 game partial packs.

It was after I had purchased a 1/2 season of 9 games that I discovered the FO was selling 4 game packs which might have suited me better. It would keep me on the Gold list and in the Ticket Manager System and allow me to pick and choose the extra games I wanted to attend based on travel deals, work schedules and chance to attend tailgates

We will have to see what the ticket sales staff have to say when my phone finally starts ringing. Either way I will still be renewing my RPB membership. Coming to games to see my TFC friends is part of the experience for me and often the best part considering some of the footy I have paid to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see, you're a Gold lister by choice. Cool, great that you come so far to support the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2 pair of season tix in 117. I will renew them but I will probably want to sell a pair for the season. Good aisle seats in row 5. How do you xfer ownership ????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoPat View Post
    I'd look into why you weren't offered seats. I was offered the opportunity last season and I was on the red list.
    same with me I told them what it will take to get me back. I do not care if I have season ticket. This season I have saved so much money by not having a season ticket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have "released" our seasons in 127...we got them 2 seasons ago and were selling them at face value to friends who wanted to go, especially in the NEE section. Now, we can't give them away...so, they officially gone. The ones in 110....well, I am giving them up, my Brother will take them over. If I ever want to go to game...I can get my pick of tickets.
    The shine has worn off......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewed. No question. No issues.

This is the only game in town, and regardless of results, I will support the team in the best way that I can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    You're "miserable" every Saturday night when TFC wins slightly more than it loses at home? To each his own, I guess. I'd be miserable if they had no wins at home........ but they play decently at home. Now, if I was going to the road games, I'd be miserable. But I don't... I only pay for home games and I've seen a modest winning record for my money.

Secondly, any statement of value is a subjective, individual decision. I just paid $1900 for my two dark greys and I disagree that it doesn't have "ANY value for money". I have a good time watching TFC, and it's a good night out with my father. I can justify the money. If you can't afford $1000 fine, but that's a personal decision based upon one's own finances. To state that it doesn't have value for other people means you're speaking for other people.
    You've clearly never watched a good enertaining soccer team with a good home record. If you had, you would realise that TFC home games, where they SCRAP a result out, even if they win at all (and they haven't for most of the season), are poor poor soccer entertainment.

And don't go thinking I'm talking about watching Premiership games on TV. I'm talking Oxford United home games in League 2, where they attack the opposition at home and really play nice football! Really, TFC's home games this season have been a very poor, and low value for money version, of home football. And yes, I'm comparing TFC to a 4th tier English team!

The lack of expectation among TFC fans astounds me! Or, I clearly have amazingly high expectations (having seen the wonderful heights of League 2 football in England!).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand the attitude on this thread of certain individuals who are saying that "if you don't really want your season ticket, then we don't need you, please go away".

YES, we DO need you. We need you ALL. The people on this forum clearly have the desire for TFC to succeed as a soccer team. Why else would you be on such a TFC centric internet forum?!

But lets be realistic....TFC have had a poor season, and the home games have been a scrap, and the entertainment value of tickets, COMPARED to other forms of entertainment in the city, is poor. However, we need to KEEP those people who have season tickets, even if they are struggling to justify renewing on the back of poor performances and low value for money. We NEED to keep these supporters around as much as the supporters who LOVE going every week irrespective of results and entertainement.

It's time to stop telling people to leave, and start trying to get people to STAY, because we need as many season ticket holder as we can get...otherwise the atmosphere at BMO (which has already declined) is going to be a graveyard!

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewed all 5 of my seats in 110. I will support my team through thick and thin.
    Also, I have a good feeling about next season!!
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"And don't go thinking I'm talking about watching Premiership games on TV. I'm talking Oxford United home games in League 2, where they attack the opposition at home and really play nice football! Really, TFC's home games this season have been a very poor, and low value for money version, of home football. And yes, I'm comparing TFC to a 4th tier English team!"

I'd say that's true of the entire MLS. The difference between it and almost any level of English football is astounding. Especially the speed. MLS is so slow by comparison.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    "And don't go thinking I'm talking about watching Premiership games on TV. I'm talking Oxford United home games in League 2, where they attack the opposition at home and really play nice football! Really, TFC's home games this season have been a very poor, and low value for money version, of home football. And yes, I'm comparing TFC to a 4th tier English team!"

I'd say that's true of the entire MLS. The difference between it and almost any level of English football is astounding. Especially the speed. MLS is so slow by comparison.
    This is true. My comparison isn't a good one really. It's kinda like comparing mens and womens soccer. They are the same game with the same rules, but the play is entirely different. So, yes, good point.

So, I guess I'm still realising that I'm no necessarily a fan of "football"...I'm a fan of certain types of football in certain countries!

Nevertheless, I'll be renewing my season ticket as I'm TFC through and through, and I can't go back on that now...not since 'seat cushions' and 'squirrel' in season one. My hate of MLS style "soccer" is kind of irrelevant!
    Last edited by T-boy; 09-27-2011 at 09:59 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    You've clearly never watched a good enertaining soccer team with a good home record. If you had, you would realise that TFC home games, where they SCRAP a result out, even if they win at all (and they haven't for most of the season), are poor poor soccer entertainment.

And don't go thinking I'm talking about watching Premiership games on TV. I'm talking Oxford United home games in League 2, where they attack the opposition at home and really play nice football! Really, TFC's home games this season have been a very poor, and low value for money version, of home football. And yes, I'm comparing TFC to a 4th tier English team!

The lack of expectation among TFC fans astounds me! Or, I clearly have amazingly high expectations (having seen the wonderful heights of League 2 football in England!).
    you need to watch more MLS games and not just TFC games
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    The LA / NY game comes to mind.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    In fairness, I find it hard to get motivated to watch most MLS games that TFC is not involved in. There are some match-ups that happen throughout the year I make a point of watching because of the possible rivalry or impact on standings/playoffs.

As a neutral I find many of the games lacking in energy from the players or fans. I guess over time as the league matures and rivalries become more engrained in the game I'll increase the number of other games I watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    In fairness, I find it hard to get motivated to watch most MLS games that TFC is not involved in. There are some match-ups that happen throughout the year I make a point of watching because of the possible rivalry or impact on standings/playoffs.

As a neutral I find many of the games lacking in energy from the players or fans. I guess over time as the league matures and rivalries become more engrained in the game I'll increase the number of other games I watch.
    Or do what I do - use it as a reason to drink beer!
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post

And that's fine, if you aren't interested in watching MLS games. I'm not directing at you specifically, but people should be very careful about making sweeping generalizations, unless you actually watch a lot of MLS games
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano