Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    It is very possible as I had seats in 106 and literally moved 10 seats over and 4 rows back - saved $1000.00!!! When I relocated there weren't too many seats left and I walked by my old row and no joke the first 15+ seats were all available.

I'd definitely try to go to the relocation as where I've moved to rarely is it full, so you might get lucky and find some seats in 105. Sucks the price but now that you're in, you can hopefully move to a cheaper section.

What was crazy too was my rep was trying to convince me to keep my 106 seats and split them with someone (I have two but as many I'm sure have experienced cannot get someone to come for about half the games) then she's asking me to try and find four people to go in on them - I'm just eff that how about I just get cheaper seats and go to every game!

that is funny i told my rep i could not afford my seats this year and wanted to relocate to cheaper seats...he said to me...why not find someone to split them with,,,...hahahhahahha told him i could not give them away! but i did renew...got my foot in the door and will move seats if i can to save money....but i am in it for the long haul!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a pair of tickets in 112. I'm renewing both. (I'm keeping one, and selling the other to a fellow RPB)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    I have a pair of tickets in 112. I'm renewing both. (I'm keeping one, and selling the other to a fellow RPB)
    Hey Bud i may be interested. Whats the asking price for the ticket?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it finaly let me renew

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm willing to go to the North Stand to get Seasons for the first time, but no higher. I think it is highly likely that I'll manage to get into Light Greys at the Gold List Graduates Relocation event.

How does the relocation work? Is there any strategy to it?

Anyone got a video of a relocation so I can see what happens?
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    I'm willing to go to the North Stand to get Seasons for the first time, but no higher. I think it is highly likely that I'll manage to get into Light Greys at the Gold List Graduates Relocation event.

How does the relocation work? Is there any strategy to it?

Anyone got a video of a relocation so I can see what happens?
    When you get there they will brief you on how the process works. If I remember correctly they give you 10 minutes to find seats, you take the placards asssigned to each seat and bring them back to the meeting area and then they blow the horn telling you that your time is up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you'd better have a good idea of where you'd like to move to.

Are you given any indication of where there are available seats? I'd hate to waste my time looking for Yellow seats if there aren't any.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Hey Matt,

He already has someone for it.
    I split with him this year and Flint (RPB) is splitting with him for next year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you given any indication of where there are available seats? I'd hate to waste my time looking for Yellow seats if there aren't any.
    Yes. Seats have paper over them if they are available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I plan on renewing my 2 in 221 that I sublet and picking add't one in 110 for my use. Hope to make more home games in 2012 than I did this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go earlier during the time slot before you to eyeball it. That is what I did and you were pretty much able to see where the available seats are because they have an 8x11 white sheet on the seat that you can see from the patio. Gives you an idea of what area you want to head to. They also have runners that add seats that were given up by the group before you and they may add them after your time slot begins so keep an eye out.

Basic rules are you get to look around for 10-15 min but you can't remove a sheet until the first horn blows. If there is a dispute about the seat work it out with who holds the lower ranked number that they assign you. Lower number gets the seat. Once the horn blows, pull the sheet off. Once you have the sheet in your hand nobody can trump you at that point. I lost a great pair of seats once because I got trumped on my way out the section with the sheets only to find out later that I had the right to the seats since the guy who trumped me was nowhere to be found at the time the horn blew. Learn the hard way I guess.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to have one extra available in 110, row 24... PM if you're interested in acquiring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Go earlier during the time slot before you to eyeball it. That is what I did and you were pretty much able to see where the available seats are because they have an 8x11 white sheet on the seat that you can see from the patio. Gives you an idea of what area you want to head to. They also have runners that add seats that were given up by the group before you and they may add them after your time slot begins so keep an eye out.

Basic rules are you get to look around for 10-15 min but you can't remove a sheet until the first horn blows. If there is a dispute about the seat work it out with who holds the lower ranked number that they assign you. Lower number gets the seat. Once the horn blows, pull the sheet off. Once you have the sheet in your hand nobody can trump you at that point. I lost a great pair of seats once because I got trumped on my way out the section with the sheets only to find out later that I had the right to the seats since the guy who trumped me was nowhere to be found at the time the horn blew. Learn the hard way I guess.

Good luck.
    I thought the rule was whoever wins the fistfight get the seat if there's a dispute.

I did it last year for the first time. Have to say it felt very high pressure. I spent more than I planned to make sure I got them. But I think I was at the very end of it and there really weren't any cheap options at that point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if you want to decide if it's even worth going down to BMO, check on this board. People with earlier relocation appointments often post how things are looking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swiss76 View Post
    that is funny i told my rep i could not afford my seats this year and wanted to relocate to cheaper seats...he said to me...why not find someone to split them with,,,...hahahhahahha told him i could not give them away! but i did renew...got my foot in the door and will move seats if i can to save money....but i am in it for the long haul!
    Yeah last year I was at the very end of relocation and still found cheaper seats so don't be discouraged if you're on one of the last days. Even if you go into 226 or 227, hell, you still save tons of money and can relocate again next year. Just keep moving until you find seats you like. Good luck!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I thought the rule was whoever wins the fistfight get the seat if there's a dispute.

I did it last year for the first time. Have to say it felt very high pressure. I spent more than I planned to make sure I got them. But I think I was at the very end of it and there really weren't any cheap options at that point.
    Yeah it definitely is high pressure because there is alot at stake. View for the next season plus the price drop people are looking for. I was fairly lucky overall because I signed up on the waiting list the morning it came out in 2007 so I think my ranked number was around 15 or lower at the relocations so not many people could trump me but most people renewed back then so selection was low. I moved down one price level per year which I thought was reasonable but I had to pay the dark grey to get my foot in the door. I didn't go last year because I like the supporter end seats I have now. Not planning on going this year either. Good luck to all that go. Tried to avoid the fist fight part

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zamperina View Post
    When you get there they will brief you on how the process works. If I remember correctly they give you 10 minutes to find seats, you take the placards asssigned to each seat and bring them back to the meeting area and then they blow the horn telling you that your time is up.
    That's crazy. I always figured you sat in an office looking at a seat map.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post

this sounds like a total gong show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swiss76 View Post
    this sounds like a total gong show
    No, it actually works pretty good. You get to walk around the stadium and sit in the seats and see if you like the view. The tags on the available seats are bright enough that you can see them any part of the stadium. So after you find the right seats, you just bring the tags back to the TFC rep to get assigned to you.

Now, the only thing that sucks is you sort of have to luck out on when you go because apparently they make different seats available at different times. For example if the group before you let go of light greys to get into the yellow, those light greys may or may not be available for the next group to pick from.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ interesting.

I'll bet they never thought that they would have so much reallocation overhead to deal with in five years.
    Last edited by eustacchio; 10-06-2011 at 11:31 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ interesting.

I'll bet they never thought that they would have so much reallocation overhead to deal with in five years.
    I've changed seats almost as many times as TFC changed up the starting 11 this year!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure there will be tons of North End seats available this year to, it's pretty affordable to get your foot in the door with the price drop on them this year ($530 a ticket?), I had a med grey single in 2008, added a red single for $920 in 2009 and then relocated them to a med gray pair, last year relocated to a light grey pair (which i'm very happy with). I think I paid $1500 one year for my 2 singles!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post

Good luck.
    I've done relocations three times and ^this is all good advice. The one thing I would add is to give yourself some options if you have a "lower priority" in your group. It may be that your first choice of relocation gets trumped by someone with higher priority, but you should have previously made it clear that if you get bumped from your first choice you have a claim on another set.

Of course, it all comes down to the randomness of priority within your relocation time slot, and is also a function of what seats were made available in the previous timeslots. An online system like Seattle's sounds much more efficient and fair, but then again relocation has always worked out well for me, so I should probably STFU.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will there be relocation into 112 like this year? In other words, will the Front Office hold back tickets from 112, 113 and 127 so the Supporters groups can try to ensure that members of the Supporters groups get first crack at them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will there be relocation into 112 like this year? In other words, will the Front Office hold back tickets from 112, 113 and 127 so the Supporters groups can try to ensure that members of the Supporters groups get first crack at them?
    I don't think FO will hold be holding tickets back. I recall them having a lot more troubles than they thought they would have when they did this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Its already been sold.

(sorry I should have mentioned that in my initial post)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Menelaos View Post
    Hey Matt,

He already has someone for it.
    I split with him this year and Flint (RPB) is splitting with him for next year.
    ^^ What this guy said.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    I don't think FO will hold be holding tickets back. I recall them having a lot more troubles than they thought they would have when they did this.
    This FO seems to create/have issues with everything. I'm not that surprised they ran into "trouble" along the way.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no... it's great fun!...if, the weathers good,..lol...fairly relaxing for first 10 mins, you are in the north-end boxes and you can look out onto the field and seats, and plan your attack. lol....at start you then virtually walk to your desired seats, ( they have seat costs on the seat sheets ) and sit their hoping noone else wants the same seats. If that is the case, you both check your relocation #'s and whoever is the lowest gets first choice. When the horn blows whoever has the seats,...keeps them , you go back to the offfice/box and officially trade your old seats for new seats....PS Your old seats now go into relocation for the next group......It's fun I'd love to go just to see whats available....BTW, we scored big time with seats we love and there were quite a lot of available seats that we liked, (cheap), south-end 110 and 111. AND noone in our group,wanted there. Everyone wanted more expensive seats....lol people are crazy not to go if you're not happy with your seats.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So can you bring one person for every seat that you own?

I don't know why but I find the process incredibly comical. I'd love to watch this all go down.