Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I wouldn't mind them stretching the pay period again...

5-payments can be easier than 4...

Every little bit helps in keeping goodwill...

This is an easy one, that costs them basically nothing, and spreading the payments helps people out who might be tight each month for cash...

Simple goodwill can go a long way with people...
    2 years ago, they let me do that when I unemployed, but when I asked them about it last year - they said they couldn't do it.

5 payments definitely made it easier on the wallet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got married last december.
    and they were cool with a specialized payment plan.
    just call your rep.

a sale is a sale, whether it's 1 payment, 4 payments or 6 payments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not really for me...

My payment plan is no problem at 4 installments (I pay all at once or twice)...

I'm just trying to think of things they could do - without people asking, to try and show some love to the SSH's...

Especially since the payments come out heading into the holiday season - people will kids wouldn't mind smaller payments I'm sure...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im renewing... next year will be great, and I want first dibs at playoff seats!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with the stretching of the payments.

I asked for it one year for the hell of it and my rep said no problem.

Been on it since. Don't need to really but having options is nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next year will be great. I've got more reasons to believe it this time than every other time I've said the same thing. But you know what? I started this racket paying $500 for two light grey's. Now I'm at about $900 for the same tickets plus the CCL option takes me over a grand. Even though I expect demand to raise throughout the year as they perform (supposedly), I still think between friends with ST's and the ticket trader forum I'll have no problem getting to any game outside of LA and NY.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got off the phone with my rep. They claim they still expect 85% to renew all around, and 100% of the south end. He said there is virtually no chance to go from anywhere into yellow despite the “talk” by many to not renew. He said its “all talk” by people, but in the end they will renew.

If you have seats you like, renew your seats and then if time permits, show up at the relocation just in case but don’t hold your breath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Im renewing... next year will be great, and I want first dibs at playoff seats!
    I want some of what he's smoking.

Seriously, I gave up my tickets last year to show my disapproval for the way the team and fans were being handled. I don't think I made the wrong decision, and I'm not interested in paying for anything more than yellows to get back in at this point.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on the fence about renewing next season. It felt like ages to finally get into 112, but I only made it out to four games or so this year because I look after my daughter on weekends. To be honest, my interest in TFC has definitely waned over the past few months for a number of reasons and I don't know what the club can do to bring me back. I WANT to become more involved, but it's not like they are throwing myself and the other supporters any bones here.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

winning or not winning, i feel MLSE have lost the upper hand on this franchise.. this isn't the hot ticket it used to be. instead of riding the initial momentum for the next several seasons they took advantage of the supporters to the point where many of us thought a price freeze was acceptable.

i didnt believe it was then.
    i dont believe it is now.

prices shouldnt have gotten this high to begin with. especially when i've been to 4 games this season for UNDER $45 IN TOTAL from either scalpers, you guys, or my work. why would i pay more for seasons tickets? the convenience of not buying individual tickets? i didnt have a problem with it. hell, i enjoyed not being locked into a commitment.

this should be interesting.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm one of the many on the fabled Red Waiting List. I always dreamed of the day when I would be able to get a pair of season tickets, but when the opportunity actually presented itself it wasn't worth it anymore. If I wanted to attend every game I'd have to put in very little effort to find tickets these days and often for much cheaper prices than the seasons would have cost. I've been to 4 or 5 games this year and I don't think I paid more than $20 a ticket, and for me, that's the perfect price range to watch TFC. Not sure what I would gain out of being a season seat holder, it's not like it's even a money-making oppurtunity anymore either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Menelaos View Post
    Just got off the phone with my rep. They claim they still expect 85% to renew all around, and 100% of the south end. He said there is virtually no chance to go from anywhere into yellow despite the “talk” by many to not renew. He said its “all talk” by people, but in the end they will renew.

If you have seats you like, renew your seats and then if time permits, show up at the relocation just in case but don’t hold your breath.
    A very telling quote. Thank you.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow... the arrogance of this franchise.

It's one thing to keep the fact that you believe 85% will renew internal, but to tell that to a customer... wow, just wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ If anything that quote just shows how much a joke we are the FO. They don't believe a word there own fanbase says. Says alot to how serious they take there fanbase.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One word for that rep: asshole.

I hope they get beat down hard over this renewal period.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing as I worked hard over four years to get onto the Gold list and then turned down seasons when given the chance, they shouldn't be so fucking high up on their horse after five years of fucking bullshit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you want to believe that, then go right ahead. Perhaps fear is a pretty good marketing tool. We shall see. Of course the cheapest seats (light grey & especially yellow) are the hardest to get into, always will be. That's because any seats that open up are quickly grabbed by other folks trying to downgrade to save some money. But the fact is, they burned through their complete waiting list at the end of last season, so for many people, it was not "all talk" as he said -- many in fact didn't renew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's still worth if for me to pay $1,000 a season ticket for the chance to get away from the wife and go drinking with buddies a few times a month....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark83 View Post
    I'm one of the many on the fabled Red Waiting List. I always dreamed of the day when I would be able to get a pair of season tickets, but when the opportunity actually presented itself it wasn't worth it anymore.
    same here. i got the email last year. i went out of my way to send a resounding "no thanks". next thing i know i got a rep leaving me voicemails asking for a callback. had i bothered im pretty sure i wouldve heard the "hottest ticket in town", "if you dont buy now youll miss out forever" lines.

all i know is that ive been to 4 games this season. 2 of them for free and 2 of them raking in a bit above $20.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow. That's not very nice.

My buddies and I are not renewing three medium-grays ($750 a pop). Guess we're part of the 15%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not renewing last season? A great decision which I don't regret at all. It will be hard for MLSE to win me and others back. They could start with a strong apology for shafting their true fans. They could follow it up with a big drop in prices, a signal of real goodwill. Will do they do either of things? My breath is not being held.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This recent good form might come at the worst time in terms of getting MLSE to switching their attitude and stop treating their customers like shit.

I almost wish that TFC sucks next year too, just so that MLSE finally get their heads out of their asses
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After being sold a 1/2 season partial pack (9 games, a few more than I wanted) and then seeing that an option to buy a 4 pack of games suddenly appeared I will be cautious about renewal this season than last.

With every game a road trip there are only so many games that the 75 Mile Bastards and other travelers can absorb budget wise.

If seat prices rise some serious thinking will be needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It's still worth if for me to pay $1,000 a season ticket for the chance to get away from the wife and go drinking with buddies a few times a month....

^ and watching footie live are fair points.

But i might not renew after 4 seasons. I split the last season with someone, and might try that split one more time into 3. Frankly its too pricey and i actual dont know if i want to keep giving them so much of my $ - sometimes shelling out decent sums of gameday cash up to 3 or 4 times a month some months.

The way this has all gone down, I think I am happier to spend less and go to less, and thus enjoy the "value" of it more when i do go.

MLSE can get stuffed - i think they just overstayed their welcome in my daily life. They are greedy and ignorant and I am finally comfortable making the change next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    hahah. that's funny...

For me, the games out have become a bonding session with my dad, who is nearly 70 now. We have very good seats (12th row). I could never drop my seasons -- he would be devastated... plus, without the games, I'd probably only see him once a month otherwise! lol. I consider his seat a Christmas gift for him now...

It certainly helps that my salary has gone up 100% over the past year, so my dark grey pair isn't going to hurt my bank account (I'll spend more on two vacations this year than on my season tickets.. and enjoy those vacations less than the 17-18 games!).
    Last edited by rocker; 09-20-2011 at 11:02 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post

It's one thing to keep the fact that you believe 85% will renew internal, but to tell that to a customer... wow, just wow.
    The 85% is getting smaller every year though.

That's 52% of Year One's STHs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also 85% of people renewing doesn't mean that they'll make 85% of what they did this season. People in lower price types will leave and then people in higher price types will fill their spots.
    Last edited by eustacchio; 09-20-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post

I met someone from the FO last year on vacation. Not a front line agent, but she told me that in November, the renewal rates were around 45%. I expect the 85% number is a brave face put on by the FO to scare you into keeping your tickets.

Shame that they ahve to resort to these tactics rather than being able to sell the team as an attraction on its own merits.

Personally, I think they're boned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    This recent good form might come at the worst time in terms of getting MLSE to switching their attitude and stop treating their customers like shit.

I almost wish that TFC sucks next year too, just so that MLSE finally get their heads out of their asses
    This is what I'm afraid of too. I already know that this will be the crap they talk about at the Town Halls. How great they will be next year, the academy and the training facility. All that means nothing without passionate support. Unless they are satisfied being a Dallas or New England type team. And now, especially IF the leafs start turning things around, I think TFC will move further down the totem pole of MLSE.

The part that frustrates me is they have the capacity to sacrifice a little to get a whole lot more back but it just seems like we are fans of a pretty stubborn franchise.
    Last edited by mastermixer; 09-20-2011 at 11:12 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ wining a few games at the end does not make it a winning season though.