Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontocelt View Post
    One of the guys I sit next to had his cousin over from England and he bought a program. The team line up was so out of date we still had Attakora and Gargan, what hope do people have with learning players when this is the case?
    he is a first time attendant, and that blame falls on TFC , not shocked at all about the lack of updating by TFC FO

you know what your right, when did anton morgan start playing for TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    if your a 1 time attendant, then no you cant, but if you got on a jersey, hat and scarf, brush the fuck up on the roster
    I tend to see it differently. If you want to attend a football match for the sake of the entertainment, by all means, come in blind and without prior knowledge of anything. That’s your prerogative, it’s your money.

What bothers me is the drunks who really aren’t there for the game or for TFC. They’re there for entertainment. They’re there to get drunk. These people are parasites and cancerous to those of us who really do want this thing to grow and develop into something we can all be proud of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The product on the pitch will hopefully alleviate the problems in the stands next season to a large extent. A competitive club with a sense of familiarity and consistency within the roster should go a long way towards restoring the traditional atmosphere at BMO Field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ i agree 100% about the drunks blazer, and they tend to get labelled as supporters by others some how, making us all look bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh – so many of us took the good with the bad when we’d announce to anyone that we were STH’ers. “Oh are you down in the rowdy section where all the drunks are who toss beer at the players” became a common question. I couldn’t feel 100% comfortable telling people that I was a STH’er for fear I would be labelled as a life-wrong drunk. LOL. Now I can’t feel comfortable telling people I’m a STH’er for other reasons of similar embarrassment, but I digress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Two things that need to disappear at BMO? Beer and drums. Maybe in that order.
    ridiculous

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    ^ What this guy said.

Weird phenomenon how some people in that stadium expect us to be their entertainment.
    this is so true, can't tell you how many newer fans come sitting , watching for rpb's show to start, then pull out the cameras. When something's not happening
    all you can hear is geez it's usually so loud here or whatever.Spend more time watching rpb's than game...seriously....AND I am shocked that mgmt doesn't admit this!!.. rpb's are not monkey's in a cage... this is my concern.....wish yesterday there were more rpb's to point out the mouth pieces with a simple who are ya!!! that would have least centered them out, without conflict.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you set up the drum and capo stand for 3+ years, you're creating an environment where you become the chant leaders. The capo stand by it's very nature is there to lead the chants.

The group can't set up an environment where they are the organized leaders of the support and then get upset when people have expectations.

We didn't embrace the rest of the supporters in the stadium, we put up a stand and got a massive drum and said 'we'll lead, you follow'

I dint think the group can complain about an expectation that the group itself created.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    Just for the record, I have 4 seats in 110 and didn't hear a single person badmouth rpb. I am up around row 21 though so maybe it was just the bottom rows doing it?
    I've been in 110 (top rows) on a few occassions... Great group there. I can't see them bad mouthing others. They're more the do it themselves type... Chanting even if the south is not.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had a brief moment in the back of dad’s car with the sleeziest broad we could find at the party.
    I resent this.... she was had a great personality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I've been in 110 (top rows) on a few occassions... Great group there. I can't see them bad mouthing others. They're more the do it themselves type... Chanting even if the south is not.
    I wasn't there yesterday. First miss of the season that wasn't a stupid AM replay. A nice chunk of us at the top of 110 in that area are RPB. I wasn't there, but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be bad mouth our own group. We're a pretty happy, go lucky group up there.

There are always some drunken dummys that find there way into our area in some way as a couple of seats in our area are not held by season ticket holders who are regulars. It happens. Our best remedy is to just drown them out with the drums and voices. Many times these jokers leave.
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for the record, I have 4 seats in 110 and didn't hear a single person badmouth rpb. I am up around row 21 though so maybe it was just the bottom rows doing it?
    yes approx row 3,4,5,6...although there are a few really nice guys along with their kids there,...there are a number that were starting the name calling towards rpb's...sickened my day....I don't like the way it made me feel . esp when I paying $, to escape life and have FUN!..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THIS
    for the record, they were yelling directly at us, we heard it and u-sector even engaged in an arguement with them.
    BINGO...
    blonde guy with the glasses and the checkered TFC scarf and his buddies.

they then turned there attention on rows 8-12 in 110 that were not standing up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I never said no one was doing it. I was saying no one did it where my seats are. I only mentioned it because I was worried this was turning into a bashing of the entire 110 section.
    never cause the blond boob was a casual as well as his 3 buddies, but always had problems with the complete row,(sth's)behind him attacking players, etc all the while wearing team shirts. like i said the front row and also behind it are people with kids and LOVE the game/team...we were quite simply STUNNED by the events and very angery. If this happens again ...first photos then I'll message security, then we'll see...maybe just maybe, these losers (sth's) in the trouble row quit next year....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PAOK - You’ve essentially explained three-quarters of 20,000 supporters game-in, game-out. Who is this new player and who is that old player and where the FUCK is the beer guy “Dan”.
    haha im preaching to the choir

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    I dint think the group can complain about an expectation that the group itself created.
    agreed that people will come to expect something from us.
    normally we're doing our thing, and making the atmosphere better.

but if we have an off day, it doesn't mean people can shit on us for it.

some of the things yelled at 112 were worse than things I'd yell at an opposing player. There's nothing to be gained from that.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    /Fixed

I stand by what I wrote in the game thread. This was the first home game after winning a historic double. It was shameful and embarrassing for everyone in south end and 127. No chanting in the first half and then we sing when we're winning? Ridiculous.

Fucking hell, we got tourists in 225 to start chants. Why could people in the south end start their own?

What's the point of being a member? RPB is no longer a supporter group.
    Don't be a drama queen, dude. One bad game does not indicate the demise of the group. If we, as you implied on Facebook, only sing when we're winning, then I've been singing at the wrong time for the past 5 years, because we haven't won very much.

People need to quit pointing fingers at others and bring their support. If everyone brings their heart and soul, then collectively, we're fine. Don't worry about what the guy next to you is doing. That's how it's always been for me. Some games I have a ton of energy, others not so much. That's the way it goes. Time to bring it for Tuesday and stop bitching about yesterday.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do did you guys have the drum in the south stands yesterday? I watched on TV, and thought it was just me that couldn't hear any singing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Don't be a drama queen, dude. One bad game does not indicate the demise of the group. If we, as you implied on Facebook, only sing when we're winning, then I've been singing at the wrong time for the past 5 years, because we haven't won very much.

People need to quit pointing fingers at others and bring their support. If everyone brings their heart and soul, then collectively, we're fine. Don't worry about what the guy next to you is doing. That's how it's always been for me. Some games I have a ton of energy, others not so much. That's the way it goes. Time to bring it for Tuesday and stop bitching about yesterday.
    and this is why we all listen to Jack

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont like it change it but dwelling on it won't fix it. Just bring it on tuesday

I am an Online Pole
    RPB Twitter and Facebook Bitch (http://www.twitter.com/redpatchboys)
    Pride...Passion...Purpose...and DRANK

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    Do did you guys have the drum in the south stands yesterday? I watched on TV, and thought it was just me that couldn't hear any singing!
    We didn't have the drum due to logistical issues.

It was tough with the road closures and TTC issues.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't have my heart and soul at the game.
    It got stuck in the storage locker.

j/k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ id bet that TFC wins before the leafs LOL
    10x easier to win the MLS Cup than the Stanley Cup, tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again, Jack pretty much sums it up nicely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough. It was an off-day for all supporters, and my posts were more because I was plenty upset that I was starting chants in 225 with casuals but my group mates in the supporters section were not starting their own.

You're right, sky is not falling. My fear yesterday was that this is a sign of things to come. My hope now, after reading responses, is that last game's apathy was a one-off.

Onward to Tuesday. I'll be in a supporter section bringing it, with or without a capo or drums. I hope we all will be for the entire '90.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    When you set up the drum and capo stand for 3+ years, you're creating an environment where you become the chant leaders. The capo stand by it's very nature is there to lead the chants.

The group can't set up an environment where they are the organized leaders of the support and then get upset when people have expectations.

We didn't embrace the rest of the supporters in the stadium, we put up a stand and got a massive drum and said 'we'll lead, you follow'

That's a good point
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See for 115, it's started being a problem since season 4. There are 30-35 of us in the last 6 rows and few sprinkled just below us that have been loud and sing every game. The problem is, there is new faces every fucken game everywhere else in section and it seems that no one knows the chants. It's a mixture of 2 things. 1) I still think the front rows in are section are owned by a scalper 2) The season ticket holders in 115 are always giving there tickets to other people and they either don't show, are they really don't care to be in a supporter sections (sitting down for entire games). Don't get me wrong, there have been some loud and crazy games in are section, but it seems to be less and less.

Heathen

That first half atmosphere had been on the cards for a while now. I agree with the points Canadian Bhoy made but I've got one of my own. We have so many more games now than we did in earlier seasons. It's kind of diluted the enthusiasm somewhat especially the Concacaf Group games.
    The FO has done absolutely nothing to foster the atmosphere, in fact quite the contrary. They should be encouraging people to bring flags, banners etc. not clamping down.
    One thing I think would work is to make the entire South End General Admission, I think the SGs need to be front and centre not tucked away in the corners.
    Last edited by Heathen; 09-18-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    See for 115, it's started being a problem since season 4. There are 30-35 of us in the last 6 rows and few sprinkled just below us that have been loud and sing every game. The problem is, there is new faces every fucken game everywhere else in section and it seems that no one knows the chants. It's a mixture of 2 things. 1) I still think the front rows in are section are owned by a scalper 2) The season ticket holders in 115 are always giving there tickets to other people and they either don't show, are they really don't care to be in a supporter sections (sitting down for entire games). Don't get me wrong, there have been some loud and crazy games in are section, but it seems to be less and less.
    very true, mate...very true (115/18/4). Couldn't believe how much of the section (below row 16) were sitting for the first half. Hell, my back kills me after a TFC game but I have never once used my seat for anything other than to rest my bootbag and occasional beer on (apart from a nice half time sit down and a natter).

Yes, its true.. I don't like you one lil bit and now you know for sure ;) DWI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need a hug again Jack