Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    I don’t want to be loud. We're loud when we want to be. I want to sound like a collection of people who care about what they do and do it to the envy of others. It's rare to see beer in the stadiums with exceptional supporters (or at least in the seats) because people care about their perfomance moreso than their sobriety. We're just a collection of drunks really.

I’ve been relatively happy with ticket prices and security/rules and don’t believe either to be the issue here.

The revolving door I’m happy with because it suggests that the team is forever bringing in new people presumably to make the squad better. The problem is, the players haven’t been improving and the team is no better off today than they were in season one. That’s the problem … losing.
    i can tell you many people struggle to pay the new ticket prices including me and my friends, exspecially for the fact that the team sucks for 5 years, the prices are outragious.

And i get pissed off when they dont let me bring my flag in because its 7:35 and the game starts at 8, wtf does that really matter??? certain things even if they are small add up to make fans stop giving a shit.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
    The FO has done absolutely nothing to foster the atmosphere, in fact quite the contrary. They should be encouraging people to bring flags, banners etc. not clamping down.

oh yeah....? then explain the confetti cannons!

this is a debate that I've had a number of times - anyone in a supporters section is allowed to bring in a flag, drum, banner or some kind of visual item - but it only seems to come from the organized groups and kids.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ People have been trying for 5 years. It’s not getting any better. You’re right, drums are supposed to keep a beat or a rhythm. Our drum however ... is broken.
    i love drums at soccer games. Its the best really helps keep the atmosphere going. best ever was when i went to Portsmouth FC game and they had a drum and a trumpet and wow, that got the whole stadium going it was crazy, loudest atmosphere ive ever been a part of. However ares is off beat and rhythm alot. I dont know whats the deal. Maybe we need new one or maybe even get 2 drums. But either way i deffinitly want a drum at TFC every game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    oh yeah....? then explain the confetti cannons!

this is a debate that I've had a number of times - anyone in a supporters section is allowed to bring in a flag, drum, banner or some kind of visual item - but it only seems to come from the organized groups and kids.
    ya but they havent let me in before because i got to the game at 7:35 or so....its the whole half an hour thing. that gets people mad. Sometimes its hard to get there half an hour before kickoff. makes me think twice about bringing it sometimes, if i have time to get in the stadium in time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i seriously want to complain to the FO that those fucking confetti cannons give me flashbacks to afghanistan when they pop off.
    fuck i hate those things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    ^^^ i see where your coming from,

the hardest decision about TFC for me was the fact MLSE owned them.

( for the record, not a leafs fan)

For the record don't dig on non Leaf fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    I disagree

1 - the capos and the drums ARE in coordination, and play off each other. Often the capo will tell the drummer what song to start, and reply on the drum to send the message out. The drum carries to 113 and 111. WHile there can be some 'capo to capo' talk from 112 to 113, it's the drum that the front of 113 looks for (and I know this because I talk with them regularly)

2 - sure some old world stadiums can reply on capos only, but those are places with decades of history behind the chants, and really aren't comparable to our situation. And many of them DO have drums, just the crowd noise is easier to pickup on the broadcast. Sure 10,000 people singing a song they've known for their entire life is going to be louder than a drum or two, but until TFC has the numbers, it's not really worth comparing.

and if you look at some of the places with 'legendary' songs like YWNA or whatever... they don't need capos at all. Everyone just knows what to sing and when to sing it - no leading required.
    perfect response...one thing i'll add is they have 1000's that know the chants perfectly and can do it in unisance...i remember games where we didn't have the drum and the top half would be singing the words half a second later then the bottom half...when you have all a bunch of randos mixed in with regulars, it just won't be the same until everyone becomes a regular

It is the observation of many who frequent this board or otherwise. The same way that it is an opinion that capos need a drum. Flush never needed a drum, he was a natural. And if he thinks he needed one, he’s wrong because he had the ability to conduct/project with his body which was way more effective than some off-beat and ill-timed hammer.

Agree to disagree. I will submit however that perhaps my standard or expectation has changed since season one. Maybe we aren’t as bad as I’m making us out to be so much as I’m disappointed that our standard and quality hasn’t improved the way one would expect. Again, just my opinion.
    Flush was great and we miss him dearly; yeah he might not have needed the drum but 2 years ago, i could look up 10 rows and down 5 and see maybe half a dozen people who werent there at the last game. The turnover is huge and we have more chants and more complex chants that need the drums help to keep the beat...or else you get the issues with the upper half/lower half being half a second off each other which has been EVIDENT this year when we had NO drum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    i can tell you many people struggle to pay the new ticket prices including me and my friends, exspecially for the fact that the team sucks for 5 years, the prices are outragious.

And i get pissed off when they dont let me bring my flag in because its 7:35 and the game starts at 8, wtf does that really matter??? certain things even if they are small add up to make fans stop giving a shit.
    Fair enough, I can appreciate your frustration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love drums at soccer games. Its the best really helps keep the atmosphere going. best ever was when i went to Portsmouth FC game and they had a drum and a trumpet and wow, that got the whole stadium going it was crazy, loudest atmosphere ive ever been a part of. However ares is off beat and rhythm alot. I dont know whats the deal. Maybe we need new one or maybe even get 2 drums. But either way i deffinitly want a drum at TFC every game!

Oh don’t get me wrong, I desperately want drums myself. I just don’t want them as they currently are is what I’m saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of understand what is going on, the losing and negativity has affected the rpb's. I can say that the negativity has been around a while and very prodominent in the forums lately!

Also, it seems that mostly a few of the RPB regulars are really the ones carrying the group, and the work load is getting heavy? Maybe?

I think we need a reboot!

Also, I think we need to do a better job with new members. I remember going to a tailgate and feeling like an outsider. I ended up talking to some Philly supporters that were pretty cool! It was easier to talk to them then to the group because every seemed to be in their own little crowds!

Also, what happened to pre-game tailgate singing, & emails sending info before a tailgate!

We use to have marches planned more often... everything seems to have died out.

Don't tell me its just because we have been having a bad season, look at our pts compared to others seasons, our new exciting style of play, and real new hope for the future!

I can honestly say that I have been a supporter for 2 yrs but still feel like a newbie!

New blood brings new energy.. and will help with the workload.. maybe we should start looking at ways to improve this aspect as I believe we have not been doing a good job at it.

Just my opinion. Your thoughts guys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are tired tavare. Tired of blowing their cash, time, and stretching their relationships to their extreme limits all in an attempt to remain with the team.

It’s time to start winning. It’s time for us to show ownership that we’re different. That we’re not going to show up game-in game-out and buy expensive beer and other add-ons like at Leafs games regardless of the quality on the pitch.

Unlike the Leafs, this team/franchise has a clear and distinct shelf life and that shelf life is rapidly expiring if winning doesn’t become a mainstay.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh don’t get me wrong, I desperately want drums myself. I just don’t want them as they currently are is what I’m saying.
    offbeat drums can ruin the flow of a chant but you have to admit when you hear many countries such as the Brazilians etc, that they are mesmerizing...you do need people who understand rhythm, on the drum,.....never try too much, keep it simple
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    They should play Hey Jude at the end of every game.
    Literally was thinking the same thing - a signature song at the end would be a nice touch. Kinda like Sinatra's "Theme from New York, New York" goes at Yankee Stadium win or lose.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Kid View Post
    Literally was thinking the same thing - a signature song at the end would be a nice touch. Kinda like Sinatra's "Theme from New York, New York" goes at Yankee Stadium win or lose.
    Legends TFC
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Kid View Post
    Three Little Birds - Bob Marley

/discussion
    /thread
    /forum
    /internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we all just agree that it's this guy's fault?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the problem with choreographed stuff, its too contained. People get used to be lead and no one wants to take the initiative.

You can't blame the club for this one, nor the fans (or anyone for that matter). It's just a simple fact of enough people being 'up' for it.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what this says to me is everyone relies on others to start stuff. been the trend since day 1...
    There were plenty of spontaneous chants before the capo stands were brought in. "All we are saying is give us a goal" would be a prime example from the very early days in 2007.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post

Can we all just agree that it's this guy's fault?
    Speaking of that guy,his house is for sale,he is going to KC Sporting,contract is signed,don't know what position though.(I assume missionary)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winning won't solve anything..it will just mask the problems. It doesn't solve pricing issues, it doesn't solve security issues, it doesn't solve ideological supporter issues within the groups, it doesn't solve the divide between supporters and the FO. This is bigger than just having a winning team. Although it would ease the pain it could very well compound the problem as well.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bang on.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ML$E phoned me after I filled out the survey. I told them off about prices and how I could get almost as good deals without having seasons.

Their response was:

(1) To lie, to deny what has been going on. After being pushed, they backed down.

(2) Tell me that if I can't afford my tickets, find someone else myself to share them with.

After the call, I was twice as angry as before. Way to go, ML$E.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Speaking of that guy,his house is for sale,he is going to KC Sporting,contract is signed
    You know, even though I don't want KC to do well in the standings, I wouldn't wish Mo on them. I wouldn't even wish him on the Krew, and that's saying something.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SKC supporters will kill themselves if this is legit.

That guy shouldn't be in the league in any capacity - full stop. However, if any FO gets taken in by him, then that's on them. His track record is plain for anybody to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be very surprised if Mo worked in this league again. Rarely are the effects of one bad GM evident to anyone who watches the sport. MLS fans aren't stupid, they saw what it was like here the first few years, and they see what it's like the past few. If he could do that kind of damage to soccer in Toronto, what could he do in a market SIGNIFICANTLY less interested in soccer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not at all,

110 is coming along nicely in my opinion. you guys and girls up top are all good in my books
    Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I've been in 110 (top rows) on a few occassions... Great group there. I can't see them bad mouthing others. They're more the do it themselves type... Chanting even if the south is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC Via Buffalo View Post
    I wasn't there yesterday. First miss of the season that wasn't a stupid AM replay. A nice chunk of us at the top of 110 in that area are RPB. I wasn't there, but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be bad mouth our own group. We're a pretty happy, go lucky group up there.

There are always some drunken dummys that find there way into our area in some way as a couple of seats in our area are not held by season ticket holders who are regulars. It happens. Our best remedy is to just drown them out with the drums and voices. Many times these jokers leave.
    I didn't hear any of the shit at the bottom of 110, and it was really quiet at the top. I didn't see/hear Sparta or kaos1970, and I know TFC Via Buffalo wasn't there. Missing those 3 guys hurt alot. Also there were alot of tourists (including the one I brought) and alot of empty seats.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of you guys take the negativity about Mo Johnston a step too far. He played a huge part in Kansas City winning their one and only MLS Cup so far so odds on he is still remembered favourably there for that. Peter Vermes was part of their roster that season as well so he has an ex-teammate around to put a good word in for him. There were aspects of the GM job that he appeared to do quite well so a role like NCAA scout doesn't seem too far fetched to me. I don't think he will ever get anywhere near handling the international transfer market for an MLS team again though.
    Last edited by CSO_BBTB; 09-19-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winning solves fan apathy.
    Winning solves the lacking atmosphere inside of BMO.
    Winning solves this thread.

The other stuff mentioned are insignificant and manageable discomforts for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Agree re Mo hate going way too far.

Mo had the constraints of fieldturf, and dealing with the first iteration of how to incorporate Canadians into MLS roster rules (which meant he had Braz, Reda, Canizalez etc).... and still managed to put a pretty decent team out there in 2007-2008. He spit the bit thereafter, but he shouldn't be hated. If the hate is because of bunging, it's a fair criticism, but that problem is way bigger than Mo.

I wanted him gone, but wish him well.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winning solves fan apathy.
    Winning solves the lacking atmosphere inside of BMO.
    Winning solves this thread.

The other stuff mentioned are insignificant and manageable discomforts for me.
    What's the one about "...sing while you're winning"?

Just sayin.

There has been some great games in 112 this year. Not many but IMO enough to keep going for sure.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 09-19-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER