Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if this guy plays this season, do we set the record for most roster players used in a season? I think we are tied for first all time at the moment.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    So if this guy plays this season, do we set the record for most roster players used in a season? I think we are tied for first all time at the moment.
    We broke the record I think when Avila played.....we are past the record.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Burgers priest is overrated.
    i beg to differ

the burger priest have the best burgers, bar none, in the city - the place is packed, day and night.

i just finished having one and am about now providing this 'confessional'

ok there's a place on Gerrard just west of Jones that's pretty awesome also...the Great Burger Kitchen...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a U.S. franchise in Edmonton called Five Guys Burgers and Fries that makes a helluva burger.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to in n out on sunset boulevard last year. nothing special.

anyway, kyle davies, here's what Ryan Rosenblatt of LAG Confidential had to say about him.

Davies never really found his footing with LA, but it might have just be a matter of bad for as much as it was his play. He's a smaller defender and for the most part (AJ DeLaGarza being an exception) Bruce Arena likes bigger guys at the back. The problem for Davies is that he's pretty limited physically. Neither big nor fast, Davies is very reliant on his smarts and he does read the game well. A star for the U.S. youth trams, Davies had some trouble dealing with the strength of grown men. Luckily, that's something that can be improved and at 22, he's still pretty young. With some more strength, he should be able to hold guys off and win more tackles, something he can pair with his smarts to be a solid defender.
    Small, but not quick and relying on his smarts? He IS the new Nick Garcia

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's also a michael jordan that plays baseball too.
    he wasn't as good as the basketball player though..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We have a U.S. franchise in Edmonton called Five Guys Burgers and Fries that makes a helluva burger.
    Meh. Five Guys is okay.

There's a place in buffalo called Grover's, has a cheeseburger soup which is a masterpiece.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    jloome, you're on the wrong board
    http://www.covers.com/postingforum/p...1113999&page=2
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Meh. Five Guys is okay.

There's a place in buffalo called Grover's, has a cheeseburger soup which is a masterpiece.
    5 guys is ok for a franchise when there's nothing better around - nothing special - everything's too overly large - the thing i like about the priest is the flavour and the burgers are not too big - same with the great burger kitchen - a cheeseburger soup? i can't imagine that - they also have the 'Lake Effect Diner' in buffalo that has out of this world food...

obviously i don't know enough about Davies to comment...i just hope we do something drastic about our back 4 in the off-season because to me that is the missing piece of the puzzle....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    5 guys is ok for a franchise when there's nothing better around - nothing special - everything's too overly large - the thing i like about the priest is the flavour and the burgers are not too big - same with the great burger kitchen - a cheeseburger soup? i can't imagine that - they also have the 'Lake Effect Diner' in buffalo that has out of this world food...

obviously i don't know enough about Davies to comment...i just hope we do something drastic about our back 4 in the off-season because to me that is the missing piece of the puzzle....
    What's sad is I've been to neither of those places. To move over to soups, the Buffalo Road House here has a chicken wing soup....... it is oral sex by soup.

BTW, new CB. Yay. Chicken wing soup, double yay!
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

US U20 captain. Looks good on his resume.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting trade wonder why dasan never got a go. Burgers priest is alright but overpriced for what ya get imo. 5 guys is the same sorta taste better price
    Last edited by Ossington Mental Youth; 09-16-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His career looks similar to Marosevic right down to the waive by Dallas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good pick up I guess, TFC got a guy fairly cheap who could blossom into a either a starter for many years or a guy who could be dropped in a heartbeat with little consequence, in exchange for a guy who was NEVER going to get playing time for TFC.

Also for burgers I like the Elgin Street Diner in Ottawa. Always Open and Great Food. Very filling, main purpose of the food is to soak up the alcohol in your body before going home.
    Last edited by Dkolish3; 09-15-2011 at 11:58 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just happy I was able to get Dasan to sign two photos for my collection after Coach took some great pics in DC at the reserve game between the Reds and United.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL-picked him, never played, Dallas-waived never played, LAG-never played

You think we know something these 3 teams don't? Yeah right, this kid is a plug.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say this kid won't even come close to solving our backline problems...oh well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2011/09...back-mitchell/

How come the Caps picked up someone with more pedigree, height and probably strength....not to mention they released 3 defenders....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post

You think we know something these 3 teams don't? Yeah right, this kid is a plug.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say this kid won't even come close to solving our backline problems...oh well
    I'm not sure what went wrong with this kid (sounds like injury issue) but you don't get to be US U20 captain by being a plug.

At least this kid might be depth defender
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm leaning towards, no strength coupled with injuries...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post

he played quite a bit for dallas in '09, then got injured in '10 and never really got back into the team.

i doubt he'll be the answer, but it's worth a try, let's face it we were never going to be getting omar gonzalez for dasan robinson were we.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Southamton reserves plus 3 other stops not cracking a lineup. This is not savior for this season but we'll see if he can do something more here next year.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dkolish3 View Post
    Also for burgers I like the Elgin Street Diner in Ottawa. Always Open and Great Food. Very filling, main purpose of the food is to soak up the alcohol in your body before going home.[/COLOR]
    Ottawa has the finest burger in North America, imho. It's a pub in the South Market, on Murray called Chez Lucien. The place is a shrine the the Montreal Canadiens. It's kind of unbelievable, but this funny little neighbourhood place has the best burger you have ever seen.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    US U20 captain. Looks good on his resume.
    So did the MVP Iro had in his...

I'd like to know the percentage of players that are passed up by 2 teams and then become something in the third.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both players in the trade are the kind of professional player that you often seem to see around professional clubs. On the cusp of playing and fully living the dream, but never quite there. Who knows what will happen. They might end up being starters some day, or they might get fed up with not making that much and go into whatever they studied in school.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plus Davies is only 22 whereas Robinson was 27. It would be a bigger surprise to see Robinson come to.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Im in the cbs have to be at least 6ft school, or have jumping ability like marvell wynne.

Cuz last 5'10 cb we had was this guy named nick garcia lol
    we could use Nick Garcia right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^permaban

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Menelaos View Post
    So did the MVP Iro had in his...

I'd like to know the percentage of players that are passed up by 2 teams and then become something in the third.

why does everyone keep calling iro an MVP? where does it say that? not on his wiki, not on his roster page. you'd think they would want to put that important little factoid anywhere they talk about him.

anyways. back to burgers. south street is alright. it's a chain, yeah, but anywhere that i can get avocado and goat cheese on my veggieburger is alright with me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VoxPopuliCosmicum View Post
    ^permaban
    seconded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur with everyone about Burger's Priest. Best burgers I've had. I don't know why they're so good, they're so simple. I always find myself comparing when I go anywhere else and nothing is even close.

Also concur that Garcia is awful. He was on my most-hated players list for a long time. Funny I don't really have anyone on that list right now. Martina is close...

Also concur with the fact that Iro was never MVP. This thing has become folklore for some reason. He won Most Coachable Player.