Page 29 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The "Shorts" return. This time a satirical video interview with new MLSE President and COO, Tommy A

http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/9/5/3294302/is-this-how-an-interview-with-new-mlse-president-would-go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must-must-must. New Canadian Men's National Team strip now up at RedNation Online!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Another JDG Interview

Seems very consistant with his message about the club since leaving.
    Nice to finally have a former member of the club actually speak to the problems with the club and not be wishy washy about it.

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...lian-de-Guzman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Seems very consistant with his message about the club since leaving.
    Nice to finally have a former member of the club actually speak to the problems with the club and not be wishy washy about it.

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...lian-de-Guzman
    Very very very candid interview. Awesome questions from the interviewer.

It's great to hear that he'd love to see his brother play for Canada and thinks its in Jon's best interests.

Pretty damning stuff about TFC. I'd be interested to know which 4 out of the 5 coaches he had at TFC were trying to get him to leave. My guess would be Cummins, Preki, Winter and Mariner. Daso being the guy that supported him. I only assume that due to his connections with Daso and the CMNT. But who knows?

Unfortunately this interview and the info within will be lost in this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny that a reporter from la belle province manages to crack the seeming silence from former TFC players and coaches with regard to how the club has treated him/them. Where are the local reporters on this? I'd love to see a report that focuses on the former players and coaches and digs into what the common thread is that consistently sours player and management relations.

It's also curious that likely none of our former or current Canadian players including Dero, DeGuzman, Cann, Attakora, etc... have had a good relationship with the club management.

"The guys above are sending the coaches to send the message" - DeGuzman.

Why the fuck is management pitting the coach (4 of them in total) against one of our players? How does this help player/coach dynamics? Why doesn't management do their own dirty work (the business side) and leave the coaches and players alone to their own devices?

My final thought on this interview is that Julian is a pretty classy guy to be able to get across what he did in the interview without having to get into the dirt himself. He respected the club and city and let us read in between the lines for the most part. I really hope that at this point that TFC is sold off to someone else. Hopefully Bellogers decides that TFC is not worth keeping and decides to find a buyer for her. But I am a dreamer, I know. TFC is a proven cash cow that keeps on giving.

What is it about the management that sours relationships with it's players including Gordan, Plata, Dero, Deguzman, Cronin among many many others? WTF is that about?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Where are the local reporters on this?
    They are only good for regurgitating TFC press releases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come to think of it. Why did this get merged into this thread?

It's the most relevant (and probably truthful) bit of TFC news in the last while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Come to think of it. Why did this get merged into this thread?

It's the most relevant (and probably truthful) bit of TFC news in the last while.
    I agree.

It's a blogger I guess?

But a blogger who managed to get the scoop while the local media sucks on the ML$E tit.

To me this is more then "news" section worthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    It's funny that a reporter from la belle province manages to crack the seeming silence from former TFC players and coaches with regard to how the club has treated him/them. Where are the local reporters on this? I'd love to see a report that focuses on the former players and coaches and digs into what the common thread is that consistently sours player and management relations.

It's also curious that likely none of our former or current Canadian players including Dero, DeGuzman, Cann, Attakora, etc... have had a good relationship with the club management.

"The guys above are sending the coaches to send the message" - DeGuzman.

Why the fuck is management pitting the coach (4 of them in total) against one of our players? How does this help player/coach dynamics? Why doesn't management do their own dirty work (the business side) and leave the coaches and players alone to their own devices?

My final thought on this interview is that Julian is a pretty classy guy to be able to get across what he did in the interview without having to get into the dirt himself. He respected the club and city and let us read in between the lines for the most part. I really hope that at this point that TFC is sold off to someone else. Hopefully Bellogers decides that TFC is not worth keeping and decides to find a buyer for her. But I am a dreamer, I know. TFC is a proven cash cow that keeps on giving.

What is it about the management that sours relationships with it's players including Gordan, Plata, Dero, Deguzman, Cronin among many many others? WTF is that about?
    I'll just point out that Gavin Day actually did an interview pre-Trinidad and Tobago match where JDG said much of the same thing.

It didn't take an Impact guy to find it out.

Anyway, just re-establishes what a number of people have been saying for awhile. The club treats its people like shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quiet Resignation

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2012/09/
    quiet-resignation/

Thoughts on the thelatest news from TFC and why today its all about the "other"team in Red & White

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.rednationonline.ca/MatchR...verPanama.aspx

Many interviews and a match report on RNO for last nights game.

More content to come throughout today and tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greeting the enemy. New strip now up at RedNation Online!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by TFCRegina; 09-10-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spooked. New Canadian Men's National Team strip now up at East Side Stand Up!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We heard it once again last night, the notion that Paul Mariner hasn't had the time to build "his" team. That Winter shut him out and therefore he inherited a roster that wasn't his. Apparently, a collection of players that he supposedly never would have selected.

Fact or Fiction? You might be surprised at how much of his stamp may be on this team.

And while we are on the subject, if quality is an issue... and it is.... isn't the guy who was hired to acquire, scout and develop players somewhat responsible for improving the collective quality?

http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/9/1...team#storyjump

Sportsnet's Fanfuel also asked for opinion on TFC's official elimination from the playoffs. I had a thing or two to say about Anselmi, the similarities with the Leafs.

An excerpt:

... In some markets, that would earn sweeping changes at the top of the organization. In Toronto, this was no exception. Tom Anselmi, Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of the team since its inception is now no longer in that role. Over his tenure he has watched the team play to a 65-91-65 record. He has hired seven coaches in six seasons. He has watched as an average of just under 20 new players per year dressed for the Reds, 118 different players in total. That's something considering it is a 30-man roster.

He has stood by as the organization has traded its first round draft picks for aging players. Ticket prices have increased by percentages that might be more accurately measured in degrees Kelvin. When he had no ideas of his own, he hired a consultant, Jurgen Klinsmann, to set the direction for the club. When results along that path proved to be longer in materializing than anticipated, he threw out those ideas and let one of the men he hired to help implement the vision, set his own path. Which is also failing miserably. For all of that, he got promoted to President.

Supporters of Toronto FC often worried that MLSE would run this organization the way it runs the Leafs. Their concerns were valid. They have succeeded in overpricing the market, delivering league worst value for fan money and turning a noisy, boisterous crowd into something resembling a library

http://www.sportsnet.ca/fanfuel/2012...sses_playoffs/
    Last edited by Pookie; 09-13-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC Officially Bow Out Of MLS Playoffs

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2012/09/itsover/

Post game video thoughts on another dire night at BMO Field on Wednesday evening that saw Toronto FC fall to its eighth home defeat this season and end the farce that was TFC's chances of making the post season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to the mods for pointing me here. Just started a new blog, tentatively hosted at http://ultrastoronto.com . Content so far:

- some 2008 interviews I did with Jono de Guzman and Tam Nsaliwa about their international futures, that weren't available anywhere online anymore. Note that NOTHING has changed for either player's status!

- why the CSL need to professionalize itself quickly. Inspired by Ben Rycroft's reporting.

- why Stephen Hart needs to throw caution to the wind against Cuba and attack, attack, attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breaking up is hard to do. New strip now up at RedNation Online!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Taking a break today from TFC and instead focusing on the OSA's new Ontario Player Development League. If you are a coach or parent of a child born in 2001 or later, the soccer world is going to change. The OYSL will be phased out. Poaching of players to be minimized with a transfer panel and National B licenses will be the minimum for coaches.

For all that is good, some clubs are lobbying to dumb down the standards for your kids so that they can still compete. Ridiculous.

http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/9/17/3332898/ontario-player-development-league-ltpd#storyjump

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Taking a break today from TFC and instead focusing on the OSA's new Ontario Player Development League. If you are a coach or parent of a child born in 2001 or later, the soccer world is going to change. The OYSL will be phased out. Poaching of players to be minimized with a transfer panel and National B licenses will be the minimum for coaches.

For all that is good, some clubs are lobbying to dumb down the standards for your kids so that they can still compete. Ridiculous.

http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/9/17/3332898/ontario-player-development-league-ltpd#storyjump
    A really well-written article, well worth the read.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tictoc View Post
    Breaking up is hard to do. New strip now up at RedNation Online!
    I'm already looking forward to the next one.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apathy Reigns at BMO Field

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/20...apathy-reigns/

In this post game video blog I lament the late loss of points Saturday past vs Philly,the growing apathy on the pitch and in the stands, I shine some light on some lamentable TFC Security issues from last weekend and I again take a stand on 2013 Season Seat pricing.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What does loyalty mean to you? A look at what could be on the table from TFC based on other "Loyalty Programs" around the league.

Rewards aside, a price drop is mandatory

http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/9/1...ty-mean-to-you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The oldest excuse. New strip now up at East Side Stand Up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another trip down memory lane with the Toronto Ultras' blog - When Canada Played in a Fixed Match:

http://ultrastoronto.com/2012/09/19/...a-fixed-match/

Looking at Canada's history with fixed matches and how it looks in the wake of the CSL scandal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Differently. New strip now up at East Side Stand Up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Up for another. New strip now up at East Side Stand Up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A New Low For TFC

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/20...w-low-for-tfc/

Toronto FC hits a new low in an embarrassing display in Los Angeles that saw the Reds lose to the Galaxy 4-2 in what was the most flattering of scorelines Saturday night.

In this video look back I try to explain how this might have been one of the three worst performances in this team's woeful history and I again ask for supporters to call/email the club about 2013 season seat pricing.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    A New Low For TFC

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/20...w-low-for-tfc/

Toronto FC hits a new low in an embarrassing display in Los Angeles that saw the Reds lose to the Galaxy 4-2 in what was the most flattering of scorelines Saturday night.

In this video look back I try to explain how this might have been one of the three worst performances in this team's woeful history and I again ask for supporters to call/email the club about 2013 season seat pricing.
    You've captured my own depression perfectly ... not helped it, but reflected it.