Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Little Red Book

Well, the wrapping's red...

Anyway, I just recieved a small, notebook sized book from TFC outlining the philosophy of the club going forward. Very graphic-heavy, but outlining Style of Play, Culture, Player Development and Results. It's pretty neat; any one else get it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you ask for this?

was it random??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally random. Though when I did the latest SSH survey, I indicated that I was basically 50/50 on re-newing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it include any coupons? (i.e. 50% off SS 2012, or free beer?)

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this just turned up in the mail for you? I wonder if every SSH is going to get one. Sounds interesting.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrived out of the blue. There's very little new info or real substance to it - in fact there are 30 or so pages of blank paper so that it doubles up as a notebook. It's quite well put together though. Nice gesture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cherono View Post
    Arrived out of the blue. There's very little new info or real substance to it - in fact there are 30 or so pages of blank paper so that it doubles up as a notebook. It's quite well put together though. Nice gesture.
    Pictures would be nice..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally random. Though when I did the latest SSH survey, I indicated that I was basically 50/50 on re-newing.
    So did the Little Red book make any impact on your decision?

This smells like the FO might realize they have a problem going into renewal season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. did MLSE take a page out of Mao and the Liberals playbook?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got the red book to. Dont know if it had anything to do with the fact i use to have 4 season tickets but went down to 2 this year. That or everyones getting one just some soonner then others.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I guess whoever lives at my old address will be getting mine.

Time to update my account manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Well, I guess whoever lives at my old address will be getting mine.

Time to update my account manager.
    Ha! Maybe the little red book will be convincing enough to get the new occupant to purchase season tickets next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got one aswell. The cover and binding look quite nice but I don't see the point of it really as it just reiterates what thy have already said throughout the year. What's with the blank pages?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds interesting. pics anyone??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen it yet, but they'll likely have made a mistake, if they sent it to me.

I never like being treated like someone who can be manipulated, over a looming multi-thousand dollar decision, with trinkets.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just got one in the mail, meh

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I haven't seen it yet, but they'll likely have made a mistake, if they sent it to me.

I never like being treated like someone who can be manipulated, over a looming multi-thousand dollar decision, with trinkets.
    Unfortunately you are in the minority.

This sounds like a new initiative from the new "recovery team" they have put in place to try to win back fans and goodwill (read: ticketbase).

I always said it was easier to keep fans than to try to win them back.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You know it isn't easy being MLSE.

They get criticized for not listening and not taking an active role in marketing. Then when they do invest a little in the team and reach out with customer surveys, personal calls from Reps, PB and Tom Anselmi they get criticized for that too.

Of course they want to sell tickets. It's a business.

Of course they are worried about renewals. They want to sell tickets. It's a business.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

I always said it was easier to keep fans than to try to win them back.
    You're right, and that's a basic law of customer service. You have to work 10 times as much to gain/regain a customer as you do to keep one.

The other law is that for every dissatisfied customer that you are aware of, there are 6 others you don't know about.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You're right, and that's a basic law of customer service. You have to work 10 times as much to gain/regain a customer as you do to keep one.

The other law is that for every dissatisfied customer that you are aware of, there are 6 others you don't know about.

Except what that last law doesn't quantify is how difficult it is to win new clients as well, not just dissatisfied ones. If they're not already TFC fans, there is a reason for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know what ticket pricing is going to be next year? In another thread someone said they're dropping prices slightly. I haven't heard that to be true officially though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    You know it isn't easy being MLSE.

They get criticized for not listening and not taking an active role in marketing. Then when they do invest a little in the team and reach out with customer surveys, personal calls from Reps, PB and Tom Anselmi they get criticized for that too.

Of course they want to sell tickets. It's a business.

Of course they are worried about renewals. They want to sell tickets. It's a business.
    That's not what I'm criticizing them for. I'm all for honest-to-goodness marketing and sincere customer service/interaction.

But I find certain things (like maybe this book, caveat I haven't seen it) are more cynical/manipulative, frankly the town halls and the empty statements there such as "we'll be ready for opening day, guaranteed" are Exhibit A.

It's bigger than MLSE, it's about the modern world, it's sadly common in corporate and political life, and I react negatively to it wherever it's done.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not what I'm criticizing them for. I'm all for honest-to-goodness marketing and sincere customer service/interaction.

But I find certain things (like maybe this book, caveat I haven't seen it) are more cynical/manipulative, frankly the town halls and the empty statements there such as "we'll be ready for opening day, guaranteed" are Exhibit A.

It's bigger than MLSE, it's about the modern world, it's sadly common in corporate and political life, and I react negatively to it wherever it's done.

Here, here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically this note book thing is selling hope. It has 4 sections - style of play, culture, player development, results. It would not be worth the time to describe it in detail because it is all stuff we have heard already ie we are going to play attractive attacking football, "all for one" means this or that, random quotes from Winter and the coaching staff, pimping the voyageurs cup.

I will leave you with these fine quotes

"At Toronto FC, how we play will define us. It's our identity. We will play entertaining football, and we will play to win."

"Leadership begins in the front office. Toronto FC's leadership team brings experience, expertise and a desire to compete fiercely with a will to win."

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My shelves are full of Michael Moore books too. I've seen way too many "create high paying jobs" tag lines over my lifetime to get excited by election claims and we could spend all day discussing the lip service paid to corporate "responsibility."

That said, with regards to the book, the book itself is nothing special. At the same time, promoting TFC isn't something that they have done actively. The games are now buried on GolTV, in Standard Definition no less, without much hype for matches. These guys didn't even spend to promote the MLS Cup, the marquee match in the league.

What I take as a positive is that the investment in the book signifies a willingness to actually spend money to promote the team... and yes, ultimately sell tickets. However, spending money to promote the team should contribute to more exposure, more and improved coverage and ultimately the long term health of the team. Which is a good thing.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the wrapping's red...

Anyway, I just recieved a small, notebook sized book from TFC outlining the philosophy of the club going forward. Very graphic-heavy, but outlining Style of Play, Culture, Player Development and Results. It's pretty neat; any one else get it?
    just got mine delivered to the office. nice surprise.

YES - I will be renewing in November as always. .
    in fact, I hope some stupid part-time supporters give up their seats near me so I can buy another season ticket.

THINK of all the kids and members of the community that will benefit from the TFC faciklity at downsview. . . . No company sets out to operate without profit. fucking deal with it.

Never Give up. Love my TFC.
    Last edited by Technorgasm; 09-13-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I get wanting to promote the team, but what I want to read (and never will lol) is a letter with something along the lines of - we were caught off guard by the tremendous fan reaction to Toronto FC in 2007. We took advantage of the situation we found ourselves in. We now realize that by some of our actions, we have alienated the very people that made Toronto FC such a great success, and for that we apologize.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya i got one - small political gesture, but with some heart.
    i trashed them in the SSH survey and demanded something - discounts, rewards programs, kits etc to make me feel better while the team struggles.
    and i got a dam notebook.

they should have taken out the blank pages at the back and put in something more worthwhile as a closer. idiots - actually CHEAP idiots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy with the book. It's quite inspiring, gives hope for the future and shows that they're trying to give back to the fans. I'm not a critic of MLSE, I have a hard time understanding criticisms of the organization as I can't really see how I would have run it differently. I agree with many of the decisions that they've made, I've always have amazing customer service, and I think they go above and beyond to promote the team locally and to give value to season seat holders.

Thanks TFC!

David.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)