Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dtour4161 View Post
    I was at the game on Sunday in Vancouver wearing my TFC scarf and jersey. It wasn't a bad place to watch a match. It wasn't lost on many of the Whitecaps supporters that seating was in TFC colours. Oh and yes all the seats have beer holders.
    Beer holders are located at the end of the arm.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the game on Sunday in Vancouver wearing my TFC scarf and jersey. It wasn't a bad place to watch a match. It wasn't lost on many of the Whitecaps supporters that seating was in TFC colours. Oh and yes all the seats have beer holders.
    The beer holder thing sounds fantastic. Were the Southsiders/Vancouver fans even audible over the Timber's Army?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    The beer holder thing sounds fantastic. Were the Southsiders/Vancouver fans even audible over the Timber's Army?
    They were decent at the start of the game but the team gave them little to get excited about and they certainly fizzled after the Rochat assist on Cooper's cracker.

Whoop-de-dooo. Beer holders for your $10.50 cup of crap ass Budweiser. I haven't said this many times in my life, if ever, but that beer of mine on Sunday was the worst beer ever. As bad as the product on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You see. Its the little things that let people know that you care.
    Last edited by Alonso; 10-06-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: stupid phone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they need to close the gaps on the upper deck, could still see all the emty seats. Stadium didnt look as good as i thought on TV. I hope Vancouver can get an actual soccer stadium in the next 5 years, but doudt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I would argue that BC Place has a lot more character than Rogers Centre, but you're absolutely right in that as long as they are sharing with the Lions, they're never getting a natural playing surface.
    I'd agree with this.
    But short of a Champions League match, in the middle of winter, I hope to NEVER see a TFC game at skydome. Keep it at it's "real" home, BMO Field.

The Whitecaps actually have land bought and paid for, on the harbour but they haven't been allowed to develop it because it's Fed land. Kerfoot owns it and has promised to build it with NO public funds, but nothing happens. It's deserves a .Gotta love politics...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    I'd agree with this.
    But short of a Champions League match, in the middle of winter, I hope to NEVER see a TFC game at skydome. Keep it at it's "real" home, BMO Field.

The Whitecaps actually have land bought and paid for, on the harbour but they haven't been allowed to develop it because it's Fed land. Kerfoot owns it and has promised to build it with NO public funds, but nothing happens. It's deserves a .Gotta love politics...

wow thats anoying. Just let them build dammit!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    wow thats anoying. Just let them build dammit!
    I think it is alittle harder than that. If I remember correctly, the plans called them to build in the water.

The stadium was originally planned to be located near Vancouver’s Waterfront Station over former Canadian Pacific Railway property. The Whitecaps own this site (marked as #1 on the map to the left) but the location was determined to be impractical, causing the Whitecaps to negotiate with the Port Authority for another site directly on the water, nearby the original location but involving the reclamation of some land and the demolition of the Seabus terminal (site #2). Because of the impact on the Seabus and port traffic, negotiations have since moved to another location directly east of that site (#3). The Vancouver port authority has been the main obstacle for getting the stadium approved, but they’ve at least been negotiating (the hot rumour is a land swap between the Whitecaps and the port authority). BC Place is shown to the left as #4, for reference. The distance between the left and right edges of the map is about 1.83 kilometers.

more about the construction at this site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    I think it is alittle harder than that. If I remember correctly, the plans called them to build in the water.

more about the construction at this site
    The location is amazing, but at this rate... who knows!