Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS isnt a top league, but people exspecially in England put MLS down as worse then it really is. Yes it was a laughable league say 7 years ago. But it has come along way in recent years and is inproving fast, from teams getting rid of all those NFL gridline fields, to building nice new soccer stadiums, to new teams joinning the league (portland, Seattle) and getting propper support with an atmosphere that is louder then it is in more stadiums in England then many outsiders might think. And the league seems to growing each year. Maybe MLS biggest weakness is the quality of play on the field and maybe the refs, but it is inproving slowly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone notice in the comments for the September 1st entry, there is a guy called "Bill" who rips our team? Wonder who that could be... The man REALLY hates us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Anyone notice in the comments for the September 1st entry, there is a guy called "Bill" who rips our team? Wonder who that could be... The man REALLY hates us.
    Hah I didn't notice that. I love it. Bring on the hate.

Btw, who says feck?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Btw, who says feck?
    An idiot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Probably that Douchebag in Columbus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the MLS, but speaking as a Brit, the viewpoint in England is based on what the League was like about 7 years ago. Such as the cheesy kits, awful football and commentators who can't work out if they're commentating on football or hockey (e.g "edge of the six" and "D-fense". Plus the team names don't help. I'm not defending that viewpoint, just saying what it is.

However, whenever my mates come over they always have a good time and leave pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere is great, the fans are up for it and the football is slowly but surely catching up.

I wouldn't be so touchy about it guys, this league isn't going to develop overnight but if we stick with it it will gain the reputation it potentially can deserve. It's in the nature of football fans to belittle the leagues of others.

You'd be surprised what RBNY doing at the Emirates in the Summer did for the reputation of the MLS. I'm sure people will shoot me down for this post but I'm right behind the League, and the reds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoGooner View Post
    I love the MLS, but speaking as a Brit, the viewpoint in England is based on what the League was like about 7 years ago. Such as the cheesy kits, awful football and commentators who can't work out if they're commentating on football or hockey (e.g "edge of the six" and "D-fense". Plus the team names don't help. I'm not defending that viewpoint, just saying what it is.

However, whenever my mates come over they always have a good time and leave pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere is great, the fans are up for it and the football is slowly but surely catching up.

I wouldn't be so touchy about it guys, this league isn't going to develop overnight but if we stick with it it will gain the reputation it potentially can deserve. It's in the nature of football fans to belittle the leagues of others.

You'd be surprised what RBNY doing at the Emirates in the Summer did for the reputation of the MLS. I'm sure people will shoot me down for this post but I'm right behind the League, and the reds
    i agree, the kits were awful (and some have inproved, some are still a little wierd), the commentators, well some of them are still really bad. But there is now some decent commentaors out there in MLS as well. But the league is better then it was 7 years ago, and many people put it down without really knowing anything about the league. Im not really touchy about it, was just saying is all.
    Last edited by james; 09-13-2011 at 06:31 PM.