0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Today's News, July 8:

Dichio to miss Whitecaps rematch

LARRY MILLSON
    Globe and Mail Update
    July 7, 2008 at 2:01 PM EDT

TORONTO — Toronto FC forward Danny Dichio will not travel with the team to Vancouver for Wednesday's Canadian championship rematch with the Vancouver Whitecaps because he has a suspected concussion.
    It is not certain how it happened except that it came during last Tuesday's 1-0 loss to the Whitecaps at BMO Field in one of the Canadian championship round-robin games.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/s...rtsSoccer/home

Carving up the refs
    Monday, July 7, 2008
    Ryan Johnston

Now I hate to endorse someone else for the job I do, but Toronto FC coach John Carver needs a blog. The animated spokesperson for the club is full of 'off the record' commentary that, if written under his own volition, would make the rest of us obsolete.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs...hnston_carver/

TFC notebook: Dickov mulls contract offer
    Posted: July 07, 2008, 10:23 PM by Mark Masters

Toronto FC has made a contract offer to former English Premier League player Paul Dickov. Coach John Carver confirmed that the club offered the striker a contract on Monday.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...act-offer.aspx

SUNSHINE:
    http://www.torontosun.com/SUNshineGirl/home.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

is it just me or is there some bad air brushing going on with the sunshine girls arm today???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's her tattoo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another great teen! keep up the good work, sun!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dichio OUt. . . and so it begins. . are we to expect year 2 with half of our starters out with injuries again?

A Healthy squad seems to be our nemisis. . . . Some would argue that younger players are easier to keep in game form. Danny is a leader on the pitch. Im not saying this dashes our chances at a CONCACAF CL birth, but it doesnt help. We have seen that the whitecaps are out for blood, and we have it all to do in BC. If we walk out of there with less than 3 points, we conceed to MTL. . . . NONE of us will have an easy time swallowing THAT pill.

Was I the only one that was hoping Dicky would be able to suit up for us ASAP (July 15th I think is the window?)
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed Giles, which is why the last leg against Van was so important. Blah...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait a minute. . .

"""One thing I will say is that when we go there I just hope we get a little bit of protection for our quality players," Carver said. "Our flair players were eliminated as soon as they got in possession of the ball.

I just hope that whoever is the official on the game is going to be strong enough to deal with that and give us an opportunity to show teams what we can do.""

Carver mentions the officiating?
    Thats a FIRST!
    you know that he has harboured some sour grapes since the first VWCaps match. . . or else he would have just eaten crow

(like he normally does when TFC is treated harshly by the officials)

PS. BRING ME THE HEAD OF THAT WANKER: MOOSE!!!!!
    We'll have a "MOOSE" skull keg party in my backyard!

fuckin bastard.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TARGET:
    JUSTIN MOOSE

from DC UNITED to VWC.

FUCK OFF!

aka "THE CLOWN"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's just trying to bait the ref, which I think is smart. Now if the ref let's the VWC players bulldoze over Robert, Wynne etc. he will be doing it with all these reporters on notice. Well done Mr.Carver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    Dichio OUt. . . and so it begins. . are we to expect year 2 with half of our starters out with injuries again?

A Healthy squad seems to be our nemisis. . . . Some would argue that younger players are easier to keep in game form. Danny is a leader on the pitch. Im not saying this dashes our chances at a CONCACAF CL birth, but it doesnt help. We have seen that the whitecaps are out for blood, and we have it all to do in BC. If we walk out of there with less than 3 points, we conceed to MTL. . . . NONE of us will have an easy time swallowing THAT pill.

Was I the only one that was hoping Dicky would be able to suit up for us ASAP (July 15th I think is the window?)

I'm pretty sure that based on the last Van match, Dichio was likely to start this game on the bench even if healthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carver should have had a massive hissy fit over the referee at the last game. I am shocked that so little has been said. SAF would have forced an enquiry, and filled up three pages of every newspapers sports section on the matter.

I dont want my team forced to play against jealous monkeys who need to hack at quality players legs in order to level the playing field. If they need to play like that against TFC, they have no fucking chance in Concacaf anyway.

I want to see the monkey team's lack of professionalism punished to the max, not rewarded like on Canada Day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could have fried eggs on Carver's forhead in the post game interview. He was clearly holding it in. Basically he challenged the reporters to write what they felt about the officiating. Other than Night I don't remember anyone rising to the challenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    You could have fried eggs on Carver's forhead in the post game interview. He was clearly holding it in. Basically he challenged the reporters to write what they felt about the officiating. Other than Night I don't remember anyone rising to the challenge.
    Which is ridiculous, like an earlier poster said.

The canadian journalists are still learning the game, so they cant tell the difference between manipulation, incompetence and good refereeing.

What does Mo do these days anyway? He's detached enough that a public barb at CSA and it's referees would carry more weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    Basically he challenged the reporters to write what they felt about the officiating. Other than Night I don't remember anyone rising to the challenge.
    Does anyone know what the reporters did write about the ref, if anything?