Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Looking to Kocic over Frei

Now I know Frei was injured and Kocic was in needs of taking over, but he still remains in the spot, surely enough Frei cant still be injured since it was just a small injury to his hand. Is Winter coming to a conclusion that Kocic has been on a roll and is starting to prefer him? I personally prefer Kocic. What you guys think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or they aren't taking any chances of rushing Frei back into action, because Kocic has been good enough.

Frei hasn't done anything to lose his job to Kocic, and while Kocic has done commendably well, he hasn't really been so good as to usurp the job from Frei.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally prefer Kocic.
    Why's that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Or they aren't taking any chances of rushing Frei back into action, because Kocic has been good enough.

Frei hasn't done anything to lose his job to Kocic, and while Kocic has done commendably well, he hasn't really been so good as to usurp the job from Frei.

- Scott
    As amazing as Frei is, theres just that one thing I cannot stand! And thats his Distribution I mean I guess hes getting better, but with Winter in, isnt he supposed to be playing a roll the ball make a short pass play rather punt it up the pitch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Why's that?
    Well I guess I could say Frei's lack of distribution has gotten to me. Kocic as far as i notice has distributed the bal from the back much better. Remember the days of Jon Conway when he'd always roll or make a nice throw out to the players and occasionally convert it to a gol? Thats what I liek, its attractive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mexinese View Post
    Well I guess I could say Frei's lack of distribution has gotten to me. Kocic as far as i notice has distributed the bal from the back much better. Remember the days of Jon Conway when he'd always roll or make a nice throw out to the players and occasionally convert it to a gol? Thats what I liek, its attractive

it's a lot easier to do that with Frings in the team than the fucking pylons Frei had in front of him all season. Very few games before he arrived did I see people making moves to get into space to receive it and give themselves time to do anything. That's not a keeper thing, it's a shitty back line and midfield thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've seen Kocic commands his box better than Frei. He looks more confident coming for crosses as well.

Most importantly he looks calm in his goal. Moreso than Stefan.

Stefan is probably better 1 on 1 and may also be a better all around shot stopper but Kocic has shown that he's pretty good in that department too.

I think we have 2 great keepers. Each with his own strengths.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kocic has made a few dramatic errors though, and not sure how anyone can say that Kocic delivers the ball better than Frei?,...Also felt on last nights only goal the shot could have been charged and remaining in a motionless stance guaranteed a goal...I've always like d Kocic but better still I like our #1 and #2...as they are.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    From what I've seen Kocic commands his box better than Frei. He looks more confident coming for crosses as well.

Most importantly he looks calm in his goal. Moreso than Stefan.

Stefan is probably better 1 on 1 and may also be a better all around shot stopper but Kocic has shown that he's pretty good in that department too.

I think we have 2 great keepers. Each with his own strengths.
    With Frei, it may be a case of being shell shocked also. When your line is that leaky and you get scored on so much it definitely affects your mentality as a keeper....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To quote Marlo from the Wire...."this one of them good problems"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think Frei is the better of the two goalkeepers.... but i have full confidence in kocic and when frei decides to leave for europe i know kocic will be a great replacement for frei.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of me wonders if they are giving Kocic an extended run to see if he is up to being our #1, with an eye to trading Frei if he is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are giving the back up as much exp as possible because Frei is getting traded.

If he wasn't fit he wouldn't be dressed on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watch Kocic play it would be hard to argue that we wouldn't be a better team if we traded Frei for a quality CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    After watch Kocic play it would be hard to argue that we wouldn't be a better team if we traded Frei for a quality CB.
    Agreed. He is a good keeper and will only get better with experience. We need a CB. Frings won't last long if he keeps holding up the entire back line. He's the wrong side of 30 to be doing that. Not to mention we need him in the mid to open up the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see kocic as our keeper of the future, when that future starts? who knows?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Part of me wonders if they are giving Kocic an extended run to see if he is up to being our #1, with an eye to trading Frei if he is
    *ding* correct answer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not eager for Frei to leave and Frei doesn't seem eager to go until there been a decent season. But at a certain point he is going to shift from being a promising young keeper to being a guy without ambition. At that point opportunities will start to be harder to find.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frei is going to leave us. I suspect he would go to even a lower league Scandinavian or Swiss league team. He IS European and should have no problem citizenship-wise.

I would assume that he would probably make more money there than in MLS barring someone making him a DP, which I just don't see happening.

Enjoy Frei whilst he's still here. I doubt he'll be in MLS next year.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but Frei has succumbed a knee injury in addition to the hand injury. The knee injury was minor from what I heard, and was even an option for Winter going into the Dallas game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the pattern Winter has established this year. Players on the move suffer mysterious injuries or disappear from the team for inexplicable reasons before they are traded. Santos, Gordon, ATTA ET AL.

Frei is leaving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

backup keepers usually get non-league games, so domestic tournies, champs league, etc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Frei, I also like Kocic.

I think it would be a little harsh on Kocic to drop him after some fantastic performances tho, it would be a hard-asses coach to drop a player who is clearly in form right now!