Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    We have nothing, NOTHING going forward. We never look like scoring. Plata is the most frustrating player ever to watch.
    Always trying to dribble through everyone, cutting right when he could go left....he is a sub at best. Based on his qualities, he would be a better fit off the bench than as a starter.

Ecks second yellow is the most lack of professionalism on this team since Dero's cheque signing.

He should buy Rohan Ricketts book on how to be a pro footballer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Dallas is clearly a stronger side, but I thought they were vulnerable at times throughout the match, and TFC failed to capitalize on the attack on several occasions due to a lack of finish by a few forwards. I thought Plata, Marosevic, and Johnson had golden opportunities to help TFC earn a result today.

TFC will now likely require victories at home against Pumas and Tauro, as well as a draw on the road against either Pumas or Dallas in order to advance. It's going to be a tough road ahead.

It definietly feels like TFC are on the verge of breaking through to the next level but just can't quite manage it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sec222_fan View Post
    Without a playmaker, I think Koverman will be a bust for TFC. Better find creative ways to spend some money in the offseason on a new DP (when JDG is up) & other players (the way LA Galaxy seems to get creative with $$).
    I agree. I'd like JDG to stay on but we have more pressing concerns, like a total lack of talent on this team. Use his DP spot on a stud attacking mid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

More excuses...blablabla..next game..next year... give it time...!

Seems like blue and white disease has become red and grey disease!

Lets see how they do the rest of they way in group play.

If they don't make it... I blame winter as all his wanted players were in the system for this CCL Group stage!

That's my opinion...i'm not a troll...i'm not a hater...

It's my opinion...that is all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    It sucked but there were some bright spots.

Stinson is starting to become more comfortable out there. I'm really liking this kid and hope he continues to improve.

Also, can someone please tell Winter to stop putting Broman on the field. That guy is flat out garbage. I could find 50 guys in oldtimer leagues in the GTA that can play better than him. How this guy became a professional footballer is beyond me.

I think I hate Borman almost as much as Carts hates JDG.

It was in fact Stinson who caused the Dallas goal by backing off his marker and allowing the cross to happen. Stinson shows flashes but he is not focused the whole game... needs to step it up in this League. Borman was much better than you suggest.

Toronto should not have lost the game as the the stats indicate. The main diffrence is that Dalls always looked dangerous going forward... we did not. Apart from the penalty , Kocic did not have to do much. It was fairly even except the last 15 mins when Toronto had a few chances on hartman. It shows equal teams here apart from 1 team having a greater understanding of each other ( Dallas ) and Toronto who are still not together ( especialy at the back ). The marking on the Dallas goal was house league and the cross should nevber have happened... thanks Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We miss Danny 2.0 big time. No confidence in the final third.

Didn't like the long ball being played so much.

Moving Frings up from the back line late in the second half lasted about 4 minutes before he was back cleaning up after (edit: henry, not Iro).

It was weird watching footy live at 10 am. And it sucked that I found out about it at 1am last night. I was hoping to wake up at 10am... very tired now.

No idea how accurate this estimate is, but I figure there were about 500 to 750 people there.

Edit: I also thought it was stupid that security would not allow flag waving. The place was empty. Very dumb.
    Last edited by Yagbod; 08-25-2011 at 12:20 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iro did not play... Harden did
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    Moving Frings up from the back line late in the second half lasted about 4 minutes before he was back cleaning up after Iro.
    I know we all like to hate one player at a time, but Iro wasn't on the pitch this game! We can't blame him for this game!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can we back the crazy truck up a bit?

Dallas, a team that is 3rd in the Western Conference and would be 1st in the East, is in a Group in a tournament with Toronto FC, a team that is 2nd last in the league (thank goodness for Vancouver).

Now, if you were a betting man and handicapping the odds of Dallas emerging 1st in the group, you'd probably put that outcome on "very likely" odds.

So, this Dallas team plays this Toronto team and squeaks out a 1-0 victory.

And the Toronto fans go ape shit because they were expecting to win?

A draw would be been a great result. We didn't get it. The tournament goes on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    My mistake, Henry came on, not Iro, and it seemed that Frings had to drop back again to cover for him.

Didn't realize that Henry was so tall...

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Facts matter not when critiquing the whipping boy of the season. Iro probably distracted Harden by moving a towel or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turn out the lights...the party's OVER....No chance we beat the Mexicans....well there's always next year.....You need 10 points MINIMUM to qualify...no way we get 4 points from the Mexicans...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Facts matter not when critiquing the whipping boy of the season. Iro probably distracted Harden by moving a towel or something.
    Bahhahhhhaaaa....this....Nice!

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really would like to see Frings put back into a more central position.
    I get that we are trying to plug holes in the back, but the team created way more chances in the games where he was controlling the mid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back from the stadium. The crowd was much more belligerent than usual. I guess everyone was still grumpy and hungover.
    The main complaint I have is that we just don't look dangerous at all going forward. Sometimes we would maintain some good possession but as soon as it came up top, some feeble attempt would be made to score.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    Turn out the lights...the party's OVER....No chance we beat the Mexicans....well there's always next year.....You need 10 points MINIMUM to qualify...no way we get 4 points from the Mexicans...

Isn't that what everyone said last year, and look at our results against the mexicans.

I'll save my 'no chances' until I see the starting lineup for their squad because from the sounds of what they put up against Dallas it may be Pumas second team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    It definietly feels like TFC are on the verge of breaking through to the next level but just can't quite manage it.
    It's our defense. Our atrocious defense affects the entire team - too many big mistakes leading to goals. Our attackers don't have the confidence to commit to the attack, because they don't trust our defenders to manage without them - particularly our central midfied.

And frankly, I don't blame them, because they SHOULDN'T trust our central defenders.

Winter clearly doesn't trust them either, or he wouldn't be using Frings, his expensive new DP midfielder, as a starting option back there.

Solve this, and I think any offensive issues resolve themselves. It would also explain why nearly every time we've shown an offensive player the door, they've gone on to have better results elsewhere. Too much time spent with guys worriedly looking backwards.

How Winter handles this major problem, probably in the off-season, is going to weigh heavily on my judgment of him. Ecks is the only keeper we've got in the back four, and even he hasn't been consistently good the past couple of months. Left back is a shambles, and hopefully Cann is good enough to occupy one of our starting CB spots, although even he wasn't looking great in his limited action this year.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I really would like to see Frings put back into a more central position.
    I get that we are trying to plug holes in the back, but the team created way more chances in the games where he was controlling the mid.
    I agree! No more Frings on the backline please, unless it's an emergency, or necessitated by a substitution.

Fix the problem back there, Winter. Don't just stuff Torsten Frings into the hole and hope that plugs it.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pathetic defense has been our major hole since year one. It's the thing we kept calling on Mo to fix every winter - the problem he kept acknowledging, and then failing to rectify.

We've had a revolving door of failures in our back four, and it needs to end if we are every going to make the playoffs. It's the root of our problems. Always has been.

- Scott

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Winter clearly doesn't trust them either, or he wouldn't be using Frings, his expensive new DP midfielder, as a starting option back there.

Solve this, and I think any offensive issues resolve themselves. It would also explain why nearly every time we've shown an offensive player the door, they've gone on to have better results elsewhere. Too much time spent with guys worriedly looking backwards.
    Very true.

And by pulling resources back from the mid-field, Frings in this example, you limit the ability to create offense. All props to Stinson for effort. He simply needs work on crossing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mistake, Henry came on, not Iro, and it seemed that Frings had to drop back again to cover for him.

Didn't realize that Henry was so tall...
    that's what happens when your tired...

It was weird watching footy live at 10 am. And it sucked that I found out about it at 1am last night. I was hoping to wake up at 10am... very tired now.
    what are you 90... can't stay up passed 1 and get up b4 10..

im up for 8am slaving for the man after being up as well

btw get a job hippie

edit: just kidding...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    It sucked but there were some bright spots.

Stinson is starting to become more comfortable out there. I'm really liking this kid and hope he continues to improve.

Also, can someone please tell Winter to stop putting Broman on the field. That guy is flat out garbage. I could find 50 guys in oldtimer leagues in the GTA that can play better than him. How this guy became a professional footballer is beyond me.

I think I hate Borman almost as much as Carts hates JDG.
    Can we also move Frings back to the midfield please?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    So, this Dallas team plays this Toronto team and squeaks out a 1-0 victory.

And the Toronto fans go ape shit because they were expecting to win?
    pooks, its not like the majority of us expected to win, most of us pushed hard that we needed to win. thats where the disappointment comes from, and there's no doubt that 3 points against dallas at home was labeled as essential to our campaign for the following reasons:

- we missed the opportunity to make a move against the fire by subbing off players expected to make an impact this game.
    - we were at home.
    - we were playing a familiar opponent.
    - a lot of our guys were liable to miss the next game due to yellow accumulation.
    - we've already gotten into the mindset that winter is sacrificing the rest of a plausible season for a deeper CCL run.
    - and we're facing a somewhat stronger side that doens't feel the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    We took 4 pts from Cruz Azul last year. Just sayin'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    We took 4 pts from Cruz Azul last year. Just sayin'

nevermind, continue on good sir
    Last edited by Dkolish3; 08-25-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: who knows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no doubt we will win our remaining games because we're starting to turn the corner and clearly we need to spin a positive out of every one of our billion losses.

Terrible performance but what are you going to do? This is a horrendous team against an MLS contender.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    This is a horrendous team against an MLS contender.
    This is a team that's getting better, versus a team that's already good.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    pooks, its not like the majority of us expected to win, most of us pushed hard that we needed to win. thats where the disappointment comes from, and there's no doubt that 3 points against dallas at home was labeled as essential to our campaign for the following reasons:

- we missed the opportunity to make a move against the fire by subbing off players expected to make an impact this game.
    - we were at home.
    - we were playing a familiar opponent.
    - a lot of our guys were liable to miss the next game due to yellow accumulation.
    - we've already gotten into the mindset that winter is sacrificing the rest of a plausible season for a deeper CCL run.
    - and we're facing a somewhat stronger side that doens't feel the same.
    I think we need to change the thinking in Toronto maybe that will get us some results... "what the bleep to we know" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-azcMJ5JS4

must be required watching for rpb'rs (top grossing documentary in 2004)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    Isn't that what everyone said last year, and look at our results against the mexicans.

I'll save my 'no chances' until I see the starting lineup for their squad because from the sounds of what they put up against Dallas it may be Pumas second team.
    Did you see the extended highlights of the Pumas - Dallas game??? Pumas should have won that game 5-1 easily....between the goalie, posts, and missed wipe open shots....they absolutely DOMINATED Dallas...if they play the same team against us THEY WILL KILL US!!! Second team or not! Of course I'd liek to be proven wrong...but I'd say the likelyhood of us getting 4 points off them is about ZERO...IMO our only hope is that we can get a WIN here, and then steal a point in Dallas, and have Pumas get beat in Dallas...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    let the rebuild begin again...
    Or better yet, be a realist and water it and watch it grow for a few years.
    It will take that long.