Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC 0 - FC Dallas 1: Post Match Threadgasm

It's time to play the music
    It's time to light the lights
    t's time to meet the Muppets on the Muppet Show tonight.

It's time to put on makeup
    It's time to dress up right
    It's time to raise the curtain on the Muppet Show tonight.

Why do we always come here
    I guess we'll never know
    It's like a kind of torture
    To have to watch the show

And now let's get things started
    Why don't you get things started
    It's time to get things started
    On the most sensational inspirational celebrational Muppetational
    This is what we call the Muppet Show!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what can ya say?

crosses into a box full of marked attackers.
    dallas controlled the pace after a weak goal.
    ecks red carded because he couldnt keep his head.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Eckersley getting a yellow, and then two yellows overall for a suspension, will he miss one game for the yellow card accumulation, or two games with the red also????? Anybody know?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A shame, after they were given a second lease on life with the abandonment.

I didn't see the game, so I'll leave it to what I'm guessing were the scant few who saw it, to commentate on the performance.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor effort after an unmarked goal, Plata is becoming very selfish, trying to do it all by himself, we are in for a tough ride now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to be some tired players against SJ his weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FC Dallas was clearly the better team in over a game a half. No surprises in this game at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dallas had TFC tied up in the first half I would say, controlled the play, should have been two goals up with the penalty. Second half TFC got going a little bit, but by the time they got some balls into the Dallas box, they had packed it solid and we had no chance.

Johnson was FAR too isolated on his own up front, couldn't hold the ball up and therefore Dallas kept getting posession back. TFC had one "good" chance through Peri, otherwise Hartman didn't have much to do, the Dallas defense easily had Johnson out of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year we were angry and we let management know; what are we going to do this year? It seems like people don't care as much or aren't as vocal. This team has 4 wins all season - are we waiting for ticket package information or what can we do with a few games left to let TFC management know this isn't good enough. Season VI around the corner and we're at the bottom of the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sec222_fan View Post
    Last year we were angry and we let management know; what are we going to do this year? It seems like people don't care as much or aren't as vocal. This team has 4 wins all season - are we waiting for ticket package information or what can we do with a few games left to let TFC management know this isn't good enough. Season VI around the corner and we're at the bottom of the league.
    This wasn't a league game.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, this is worse than last season. i feel that people dont care enough to complain. apathy is far worse than anger. love something or hate something, youre still putting the same amount of effort into it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I would say that TFC aren't any better than they were this time last season. Yes, we have a new coach with a new style, yes we have completely new squad barring a couple of players, but are TFC playing any better? I would honestly have to say no I would actually say that TFC are possibly worse now. I think our best two players of this season (Plata and Eckersley) are not as good as last season's best two players (Nana and De Rosario), and the thing that makes it even worse, is that Plata and Eckersley aren't owned by TFC.
    Last edited by T-boy; 08-25-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let the rebuild begin again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tis a real pity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is far worse for MLSE then people being angry and vocalizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    This wasn't a league game.

- Scott
    So? Still a team that's not performing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dire in need of a playmaker and it showed. a little more attempt to play the ball through the middle but tfc attack is still predictable.

still, competitive match vs one of the best in the league. dallas did just enough for the 3 points and they didn't dominate tfc, which i suppose, is progress. still impressed by how good dallas is
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    yeah, this is worse than last season. i feel that people dont care enough to complain.
    I think plenty of people care - they just don't know how else to fix it, except to continue along the path we are currently on and hope for the best.

- Scott

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    dire in need of a playmaker and it showed. a little more attempt to play the ball through the middle but tfc attack is still predictable.

still, competitive match vs one of the best in the league. dallas did just enough for the 3 points and they didn't dominate tfc, which i suppose, is progress. still impressed by how good dallas is
    I got the feeling Dallas beat us at home both times this season without taking their team into 5th gear. It looked likt they could have wound TFC up at any moment if they really wanted to stretch it. Dallas are a good, well organised team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I think plenty of people care - they just don't know how else to fix it, except to continue along the path we are currently on and hope for the best.

- Scott
    I can only speak for myself, but I certainly don't care as much as I used to. Last night I didn't even hesitate and left the stadium as soon as they announced the delay. I suppose I could have played hookie from work this morning and headed over to BMO, but why bother?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I got the feeling Dallas beat us at home both times this season without taking their team into 5th gear. It looked likt they could have wound TFC up at any moment if they really wanted to stretch it. Dallas are a good, well organised team.
    their 5th gear is this guy named David Ferreira... he's scary to watch
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Oh come on, so when TFC loses 1-0 it's because the other team didn't play hard enough? Geez..... people have a way of spinning any result. Sigh.

So did Dallas take it easy on us in the two other games where they beat us only 1-0?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dallas is clearly a stronger side, but I thought they were vulnerable at times throughout the match, and TFC failed to capitalize on the attack on several occasions due to a lack of finish by a few forwards. I thought Plata, Marosevic, and Johnson had golden opportunities to help TFC earn a result today.

TFC will now likely require victories at home against Pumas and Tauro, as well as a draw on the road against either Pumas or Dallas in order to advance. It's going to be a tough road ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too bad MLS doesnt have a lower league to be relegated to. Is a rude awakening

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sucked but there were some bright spots.

Stinson is starting to become more comfortable out there. I'm really liking this kid and hope he continues to improve.

Also, can someone please tell Winter to stop putting Broman on the field. That guy is flat out garbage. I could find 50 guys in oldtimer leagues in the GTA that can play better than him. How this guy became a professional footballer is beyond me.

I think I hate Borman almost as much as Carts hates JDG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add to my earlier point, we cannot draw any grand conclusions about where TFC stands as a squad after losing to FC Dallas 1-0. Dallas is very strong (some people were calling for a blowout by Dallas before the match). If this had been Tauro beating us 1-0, I'd be worried.

What's clear is that Dallas is the best of the group. Now we need to focus on Pumas. Last night Santos Laguna lost, so the Mexican teams are reeling. We need to win at home and tie on the road vs Pumas, then given the beatdown against Tauro and we'll have 10 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have nothing, NOTHING going forward. We never look like scoring. Plata is the most frustrating player ever to watch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Anyone have any attendance #s for this match?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Oh come on, so when TFC loses 1-0 it's because the other team didn't play hard enough? Geez..... people have a way of spinning any result. Sigh.

So did Dallas take it easy on us in the two other games where they beat us only 1-0?
    So you really think that Dallas beat TFC at a struggle? Honestly, can you say that?!

It looked to me like Dallas could have upped their tempo if TFC scored against them and probably retaken the lead. Dallas beat TFC at home, on both occassions, without breaking too much of a sweat!

If you think Dallas struggled in that game, then I clearly watched a different game to you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without a playmaker, I think Koverman will be a bust for TFC. Better find creative ways to spend some money in the offseason on a new DP (when JDG is up) & other players (the way LA Galaxy seems to get creative with $$).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FC Dallas is bizarro world TFC.

1. FC is before their name.
    2. Organization is great on the field
    3. Organization is awful off the field.