Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post game - Chi 2 - Tor 0

Last edited by Parkdale; 08-21-2011 at 08:13 PM.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    herewego
    And there it went...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay... things to note.

Iro was clearly playing for his job and his rep tonight. I thought he improved on the previous games.

that guy 'Oduro' is so fast, he makes Marvel Wynne look like Tom Arnold getting out of a lazy-boy.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great, I'm happy , the Reds have another rare win, 2-0 this time.

Oh wait.....

This wasn't the TFC Reds winning, but....

but...

but...

Chicago was playing in red.

FUCK THIS "deja vu" for the n-th time!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay... things to note.

Iro was clearly playing for his job and his rep tonight. I thought he improved on the previous games.

that guy 'Oduro' is so fast, he makes Marvel Wynne look like Tom Arnold getting out of a lazy-boy.
    Iro didn't play too bad. He did let Tom Arnold's Marvel Wynne get position on him for the goal.

My biggest criticism is the line-up. But the schedule has a lot to do with that.

Kudos to Ashton Morgan and Stinson.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meh...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    And there it went...

I'm voting this the best comment in the post match thread.
    Nobody can beat this.

Other opinions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least now there's no questions about what the remainder of this season is about

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gotta give gargan credit for saying thanks to the Toronto fans in the post match interview

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, this game has a HUGE positive to it (and the one and only positive):

Eliminates forever those "can we still make the playoffs? / TFC's make the playoff run" useless threads with all those ridiculous points calculations.

From this moment anyone who still says TFC has some chance to make playoffs this year, well... he must be locked in a nuthouse!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we're in a familiar place, last!

Not much Kokic could do on either goals. Another save of the week candidate and he is proving that he is a decent keeper for this league.

Besides that, Stinson played well but I think everyone else was average.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay... things to note.

I thought Iro got worse as the game went on...he kept giving the ball away over and over again! His only plus was that whenever he gave the ball away, he then tackled back. But he wouldn't have needed to do that if he haden't given the ball away 5 seconds earlier!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who released the Gargan?
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Bhoy View Post
    gotta give gargan credit for saying thanks to the Toronto fans in the post match interview
    Do you think when a player thanks fans of his former team, he is sort of snubbing the management or maybe even the players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay... things to note.

You've obviously never placed an ounce of cocaine on a table across the room from Tom Arnold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Bhoy View Post
    You stuck around that long?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually thought TFC played reasonably well tonight other than the horrible marking on Gargan's goal. Based on the quality of possession and the run of play, TFC could have won the match if not for several missed opportunities including two shots off the woodwork.

JDG, Frings, Stinson, and surprisingly, Iro, all played very solid games tonight. Martina, Sturgis, and Yourassowsky were awful. Everyone else was average.

These MLS matches don't mean much at this point other than to give the players more time to develop a sense of cohesion. Based on the roster decisions, it seemed that Winter made adjustments with Wednesday's match in mind. Nonetheless, it was a disappointing result tonight in a match that was there for the taking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

posession stats claimed we had the ball about 60% of the time. Our finish just seemed bad or we were unlucky. When we got close we just coughed up the ball or hit the post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A question one might ask: If TFC had a seasoned MLS manager, with a proven winning record, would we be playing a 3-4-3 ? Doubt it very much. Tactics now and not lack of quality is what is killing this team. Losing to Chicago, one of the worst teams in the league is not something to celebrate. Other teams in this league are not standing still. Winter needs to go, or learn to compete.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok MLS is dead (as if we didn't know that). As for CCL, I don't understand how anybody could think we stand a chance there based on our form.

From now until the end of this year I just want to see a competitive side start to take shape and take more points than it has previously.

This goes down as the worst result of the year thus far. Chicago is a terrible team with a leaky defense and we should have done a lot better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    A question one might ask: If TFC had a seasoned MLS manager, with a proven winning record, would we be playing a 3-4-3 ? Doubt it very much. Tactics now and not lack of quality is what is killing this team. Losing to Chicago, one of the worst teams in the league is not something to celebrate. Other teams in this league are not standing still. Winter needs to go, or learn to compete.
    That's all I needed to hear.
    If we start calling for Winter's head now, TFC is going to continue its self-destructive cycle.

Give the man some actual time. Champions are not born. They are made.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off with his head! And replace him with the next Goat! My kingdom for a goat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    If we start calling for Winter's head now, TFC is going to continue its self-destructive cycle.

Amen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With our current group of defenders, it doesn't really matter whether we play three or four at the back. We're going to give up goals.

We have some decent midfielders though. Might as well play 3-4-3 and try to control the centre of the field.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post

Mourinho wins wherever he goes. A great manager is needed and Winter playing that stupid 3-4-3 is not a great manager. Doesn't he watch the other teams in this league? Nobody plays 3-4-3 because it is a losing formula. Either he is an arrogant bastard, or stubborn, or plain stupid. He goes out and signs one the best German players of all time, and puts him in as a central defender. If the team played even a 4-5-1 they would allow fewer goals than this horrible team does now. Just check the stats, this team may go down as the worst ever in mls history for giving up so many fucking goals, and they play a 3 man defence....ugh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to start the "Will Dan Gargan Celebrate if he scores against us?" thread... But I didn't want to be called a troll.

Don't I feel silly...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mourinho wins wherever he goes. A great manager is needed and Winter playing that stupid 3-4-3 is not a great manager. Doesn't he watch the other teams in this league? Nobody plays 3-4-3 because it is a losing formula. Either he is an arrogant bastard, or stubborn, or plain stupid. He goes out and signs one the best German players of all time, and puts him in as a central defender. If the team played even a 4-5-1 they would allow fewer goals than this horrible team does now. Just check the stats, this team may go down as the worst ever in mls history for giving up so many fucking goals, and they play a 3 man defence....ugh
    Last time i checked Guardiola owns La Liga and Champion's League Crowns from last year, not Mourinho. Winter has won a Canadian Championship. Can't say he hasn't won where he's gone.

Heathen

I don't think 2-0 was a fair reflection of the game, not saying we deserved a win necessarily but a goal would've been just. I can't see what tonight taught Winter that the rest of us didn't already know, ie. that there's nothing to be gained from playing Borman, Yourassowsky and Martina when we have kids who seemingly can do as good a job and who will benefit from the experience.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really. Mourhino would take this team and win the mls cup in two seasons. There is a lot of parity in mls, but a team that loses all the time playing the same tactic, will continue to lose all the time until they stop doing it. Very easy really. play 3-4-3 and lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Iro didn't play too bad. He did let Tom Arnold's Marvel Wynne get position on him for the goal.

My biggest criticism is the line-up. But the schedule has a lot to do with that.

Kudos to Ashton Morgan and Stinson.
    That was a great tackle where he took the ball away from....?Whomever that player was