Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They sucked, we sucked too but not as much. So the right team won, that's success in CONCACAFiasco.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What was the disallowed goal called for?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a nudge on the keeper i believe.
    meanwhile, kocic gets plowed down, and a free kick isnt given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    What was the disallowed goal called for?
    If your referring to the tfc goal, Dobson and Forrest said it was offside. Coming from them take it for what it worth.. Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC won on the road, in a country they've never won in before. We beat the 12 man Panama team (ref included). We're undefeated in 6. Next we're playing a listless Chicago Fire team.

So we didn't play well and we spent the last 2/3 of the match on the defensive, who cares? Three points are all that matters. I'd take a hard-earned win over a classy loss any day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone no how many fouls tfc had???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    It was 31-15, I believe, although 9 of Tauros' fouls were called in the last five minutes of the game, along with their yellow.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRO View Post
    If I was religious I would say that God is with us on this Voyageurs Cup / CCL quest. But I'm not so maybe it's magic.
    same thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg threead title was what was in my head.
    i would pay good money to have this ref tortured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We won Ugly that is the Major problem with C.O.N.C.A.C.A.F the most corrupt soccer confederation in F.I.F.A. the officiating is horrible TFc played bad because they were afraid to get carded clearly the ref was against us. But hell a win is a win, And now we can concentrate on our home fixtures now that we finally got that first three points. That was n ot a offside on that goal that Johnson scored that was called back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Plata

Does someone else want to shoot plata in the face!?!?! Like oohh my god i hope this media attention didn;t get to the kids head. Because there were about like 4 chances where he could have left an other player one on one but decided to go solo instead. I wanted to punch the TV out. Like honestly specially in such a crucial time where the reff was totally bought out and we needed an insurance goal. the A hole hoggs it. I bet if TFC had one more sub left he wouldn;t have finished the game. If i was the coach i would give that little SOB an earful...
    Anyway hope the dude doesn;t think he;s the next messi because of a few good performances...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBandit View Post
    If your referring to the tfc goal, Dobson and Forrest said it was offside. Coming from them take it for what it worth.. Lol
    Are id$@ts... honestly in order for soccer to evolve into what it is in europe and latin america the media has to evolve too. Most of these guys are without a backbone (totally biased usually too much for TFC [specially the british dude who sometimes appears on TFC TV and other channels]) and just totally SUCK at broadcasting. The only reason they are there is because of connections...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC 2 - CONCACAF 1

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/20...-2-concacaf-1/

In this post game video blog I take a look back at Toronto FC's victory Wednesday evening in Panama that saw the Reds get the precious three points in spite of the brutal CONCACAF officiating. I also speak about Andy Iro, Danny Koevermans and of course the critical absence of Torsten Frings. And I try and describe the epic fail that was CONCACAF official Marco Brea and I take a brief look ahead at the trip to Chicago and next week's Champions League tilt at home versus FC Dallas.

I also ask how is it that the average soccer fan in Central America can actually enjoy as entertainment the style of footy on offer down there that is made up of almost nothing else other than gamesmanship, unsporting behavior and a lack of respect to their opponents.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I've watched football for a long time and that wasn't incompetent. That was as corrupt as it comes. Time to stop hiring refs who can only travel on floating pieces of tin. Too easily bought.

If that happens again, DE Klerk may do a Carver and fuck off back to Europe, and I wouldn't blame him.
    Neither would I. I could just imagine De Klerk and Winter sweating on the sidelines of that shitty pitch in that 90% empty stadium, watching that corrupt-ass officiating, wondering what the hell they were doing there.

I would say TFC should be demanding an investigation into it, but we all know CONCACAF won't do shit.

Three points is great, as is being undefeated now in six - good building blocks. But man, it's hard to feel very good about what happened tonight.

I can't even critique TFC's performance, because it must be nigh impossible to establish any sort of coherent game plan going forward, when you're getting called for phantom fouls that often.

Like I said earlier - I just wanted to jump through my TV and strangle the referee. It was disgusting, and despicable, and gives the sport a bad name. And that's not even to mention the pathetic flopping.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despicable display of officiating, and disgusting game of football.

I'm concerned about 2 things as far as the officiating goes.
    1. Bias. I don't give two shits if you're the worst ref in the world, but suck EQUALLY. It turns the game into a farce. Even though TFC won I feel cheated.

2. Player safety. Tauro was at times playing a dirty game and because the referee turned the other cheek it was allowed to continue. For example, in the first half a Tauro player (excuse me for not remembering his name) essentially launched himself at Marosevic and sent him down to the pitch in a heap. The ball was nowhere near them, and there was no foul called. Luckily Marosevic was okay, but it could have been much worse for him and TFC, and until the refs start calling a fair balanced match, these things are going to keep happening, players are going to get hurt, and it's going to be blood on the hands of CONCACAF for allowing this pathetic excuse of officiating to continue.

I am enraged at that abortion of a football match I just watched, but 3 pts is 3 pts.

Buenas noches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No wonder soccer in Canada is in such an abyssmal state. Not only are the people running things here complety clueless, but then add in the fact that we play in a confederation run by third world mafia who assign officials who are ethier bias or can be bought on the cheap and we stand little or no chance.
    The whole thing is so fucked it wont be sorted out for decades.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posted this before...if anyone needs more reason to dislike Tauro, Lucho Moreno the goal scorer from last night, thats this guy;
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...is-moreno-dies

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Posted this before...if anyone needs more reason to dislike Tauro, Lucho Moreno the goal scorer from last night, thats this guy;
    LMAO. That story was way worse than Dave Winfield's.

"goal scorer"

also LMAO
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    No wonder soccer in Canada is in such an abyssmal state. Not only are the people running things here complety clueless, but then add in the fact that we play in a confederation run by third world mafia who assign officials who are ethier bias or can be bought on the cheap and we stand little or no chance.
    The whole thing is so fucked it wont be sorted out for decades.
    Yeah but look how far Russia has come. A future World cup to boot!

There's hope for mafia owned regions!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Neither would I. I could just imagine De Klerk and Winter sweating on the sidelines of that shitty pitch in that 90% empty stadium, watching that corrupt-ass officiating, wondering what the hell they were doing there.

I would say TFC should be demanding an investigation into it, but we all know CONCACAF won't do shit.

Three points is great, as is being undefeated now in six - good building blocks. But man, it's hard to feel very good about what happened tonight.

I can't even critique TFC's performance, because it must be nigh impossible to establish any sort of coherent game plan going forward, when you're getting called for phantom fouls that often.

Like I said earlier - I just wanted to jump through my TV and strangle the referee. It was disgusting, and despicable, and gives the sport a bad name. And that's not even to mention the pathetic flopping.

- Scott
    I don't know if this was mentioned already but I thought it ridiculously transparent when, on our last goal, the ref blew the whistle before it went in just in case he could find someone offside. When there was no pass he had to let the goal stand. Just reprehensible.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    there were about like 4 chances where he could have left an other player one on one but decided to go solo instead. I wanted to punch the TV out. Like honestly specially in such a crucial time where the reff was totally bought out and we needed an insurance goal.
    I was surprised at some of his decisions when he was on his own up top with the ball. He spent too much time with it and did leave an open player stranded a couple times. If we weren't up I would have been more critical of it but I think it was more dire because of that shambolic officiating.

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    Are id$@ts... honestly in order for soccer to evolve into what it is in europe and latin america the media has to evolve too. Most of these guys are without a backbone (totally biased usually too much for TFC [specially the british dude who sometimes appears on TFC TV and other channels]) and just totally SUCK at broadcasting. The only reason they are there is because of connections...
    I don't really have a problem with the play-by-play style here it's all about the weak commentary by certain ex-players that clearly don't enjoy the game we watch. It's unfortunate. I don't have a problem with bias at all but most times it's the wrong bias, against the home side. That's just bad business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I don't know if this was mentioned already but I thought it ridiculously transparent when, on our last goal, the ref blew the whistle before it went in just in case he could find someone offside. When there was no pass he had to let the goal stand. Just reprehensible.
    Actually have to give the ref a pass on that one...the wistle came from the stands...you could hear them all night....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It was 31-15, I believe, although 9 of Tauros' fouls were called in the last five minutes of the game, along with their yellow.
    Very interesting...

Setanta/Sportsnet- FOULS- Tauro 15-30 TFC

CONCACAF site- FOULS- Tauro 15-23 TFC

http://concacaf.globalsportsmedia.co...tch_id=1182276

Is that the region fudging the numbers to make it look more legit?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    Actually have to give the ref a pass on that one...the wistle came from the stands...you could hear them all night....
    Well I'm glad for that at least.

If only he wasn't so transparent in the rest of his officiating in that game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football - CONCACAF

i would say that Panama is considered Central American.
    Central America doesn't technically exist. It's just colloquial. And I think when KD said North America he meant Canada/The US/Mexico, or as we here like to call it, North America Proper (Or the NAFTA zone).

Either way, we won! I was watching the Argos game and totally forgot TFC was playing on a Thurs. Came on here to see what happened and had quite the laugh at everyones comments. Sounds like I picked a good one to miss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    is that true!??! phew! so I don't have to worry about Dallas or Pumas beating Tauro 4-1 or 6-0 or something (beyond them getting wins, which sucks).

1. Greater number of points earned in matches between the teams concerned
    2. Greater goal difference in matches between the teams concerned
    3. Greater number of goals scored away from home in matches between the teams concerned
    4. Reapply first three criteria if two or more teams are still tied
    5. Greater goal difference in all group matches
    6. Greater number of goals scored in group matches
    7. Greater number of goals scored away in all group matches
    8. Drawing of lots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBandit View Post
    they said it was called offside....They didn't agree with it but i believe just got tired of saying what a poor job the officials did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The yellow cards are going to cost us in games down the road. I don't expect a full lineup against Pumas for game 3. Stupid refs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    they said it was called offside....They didn't agree with it but i believe just got tired of saying what a poor job the officials did.
    Ya your right.. But you can't tell me that Dobson is not clueless during most telecasts and that Forrest isn't anti-tfc.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Check this out...that guys is nuts!!!