0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS/CCL Wed 17 Aug

New England vs Houston 8pm
    Sporting KC vs Portland 830pm

Pumas vs Dallas 10pm

Interested in Pumas vs Dallas game...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    New England vs Houston 8pm
    Sporting KC vs Portland 830pm

Pumas vs Dallas 10pm

Interested in Pumas vs Dallas game...
    Pumas vs Dallas: tie is ideal, but if a winner, who is better for TFC?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pumas, considering they'd be first place most likely and TFC is fighting for 2nd place
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go, tie, go! I'll miss this one but will definitely look for the Santos highlights after.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

our group should be won by pumas.....so the fight for second will be with Dallas..and im ok with that!

A win for Pumas...helps us more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently, PUMAS submitted a roster of 22/30 players for tonight's match, which consists primarily of their youth and reserve players. It seems they are quite confident that they won't need the bulk of their starters until the latter stages of this round.

Perhaps an underestimated FC Dallas squad will make history tonight by becoming the first MLS club to win on Mexican soil, as all indications are that their starting lineup will be close to full strength.

I predict an opportunity squandered by PUMAS to take control of the group, resulting in a draw.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Apparently, PUMAS submitted a roster of 22/30 players for tonight's match, which consists primarily of their youth and reserve players. It seems they are quite confident that they won't need the bulk of their starters until the latter stages of this round.

Perhaps an underestimated FC Dallas squad will make history tonight by becoming the first MLS club to win on Mexican soil, as all indications are that their starting lineup will be close to full strength.

I predict an opportunity squandered by PUMAS to take control of the group, resulting in a draw.
    Pretty reasonable prediction. Any tie by your opponents is a good tie in the group stage. Think I agree that we'll be fighting for the second spot with Dallas and Tauro will be the whipping boys of this group (unless TFC unexpectedly shits the bed tomorrow).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pumas 1 - 1 Dallas.

Dallas is so damn fun to watch, I wish every team in MLS played to this calibre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but does a tie for FC Dallas make it tougher for us? Unless we get a tie in Mexico (or a win, if I dare say it?).... which I think is unlikely.

I still think the Mexicans will win the group, so a loss for FC Dallas on the road is best.
    Last edited by rocker; 08-17-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any stream links? I see concacaftv is not showing it.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    but does a tie for FC Dallas make it tougher for us? Unless we get a tie in Mexico (or a win, if I dare say it?).... which I think is unlikely.

I still think the Mexicans will win the group, so a loss for FC Dallas on the road is best.

Hard to predict, the future is.

I think we'll just have to wait a few rounds until we know what result we'd want from a match.

Tonight I predict another agonizing late collapse for the MLS side on Mexican soil.
    That's all I'll say about that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada72 View Post
    Any stream links? I see concacaftv is not showing it.
    It's available on MLS MatchDay Live, in case you have a subscription to that...

But I also see it listed here: http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?ma...49&part=sports

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shambles of Houston defending and the Revs are up 1-0

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crap! Can't find a stream of OUR game.

As I just realised today is NOT Thursday.... I think I need my coffee..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monterrey killing Herediano 0 -4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone have a link for KC-POR

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KC 1-0 Portland. Graham Zusi from 25 yrds strike. very nice

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-0 KC. Zusi puts away a loose ball after a scramble in the box. Portland has zero bite this game

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Houston ties it up 1-1 after another scramble from a corner and Boswell pops in the rebound. I had a strong feeling that it's going to be a 1-1 draw...

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ill post it again.......this site has all your football needs....

www.fromsportcom.com

ps and even UFC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Metapan awarded a pk, 1-0.

Metapan has quite a lot of supporters in Colorado.

Rant:
    I find it funny a lot of these central american teams have fans come out against MLS teams but are obviously just of that decent so they support the team. It would be like me moving to Mexico and cheering for Vancouver in a game against Pumas. Its really funny because sometimes the colors don't match ala a ton of fans wearing the Mexican colors for a Pachuca who wears blue.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Metapan has the most sponsors I've ever seen, take that NASCAR.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Pumas (& Dallas) are fast. Lots of fast plays & multiple players pressuring every buildup in midfield. TFC aren't going to have time to breath, let alone take their sweet time to build up play. Lots of long balls forward by Pumas, but with their fast forwards & TFC's slow central defenders, this could unfortunately prove to be very effective. Not very pretty necessarily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah dallas looks wayyyy faster in this game than the game at BMO.

Pumas loves the counterattack but have had lots of offsides... they seem to be slowing down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fear that the Pumas youngsters are going to drop points in one (or both) of the first 2 matches, and that they're going to run the A-side out against us in the 3rd match.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Pumas are faaaaaaaast. They had a couple near-goals in the first, but they're losing steam. No idea if this is the first team or second or half and half playing, either.

That said, 0-0 at half is not a bad result for Dallas to contest in the second.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any chance of an English vid stream?
    I haven't signed up to the CONCACAF site yet.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Wow, Pumas are faaaaaaaast. They had a couple near-goals in the first, but they're losing steam. No idea if this is the first team or second or half and half playing, either.

That said, 0-0 at half is not a bad result for Dallas to contest in the second.
    They are playing with 6 backups and 5 youth team members or reservists from what I see. And two of their star youngsters were away playing in the U20s tonight.
    Last edited by Redpunkfiddle; 08-17-2011 at 10:43 PM.
    That's all I'll say about that.