Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great win, I don't care about anything else.

TFC victories come few and far between, and we beat a really good RSL team! I'm just enjoying the moment right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we fought for it too, only had a few defensive lapses that RSL couldnt capitalize on. We deserved and got the win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=jazzy;1362283]
    Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    The fucking walk to get in the stadium was unreal. I nearly got in a fight with two security guards with all the hoops they made us walk through.Had we not won I'd be irate.

ha I'm still looking for the tailgate.....walking around in circles inside the gates,...MLSE should be pissed the way it's fans get treated trying to get to the game....idiot security and all they are doing is getting ready for the ex.......how a paying customer can be treated so badly!

Anyhow fun game anyone notice how strong and aggressive Henry was in the later stages of the game,...great tackles!

Ya, other then that one bad touch, where he tried to clear it and shanked it out for a corner, he looked really good.. Other then that one game, I think it was againt RSL on the road where he got exposed often, he's been impressive. Looks like he has a place in this league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

outside of the last 15 mins id like to hear (prob in a separate thread) what people thought we did wrong (i honestly cant think of anything).

Also note the change in formation (not the first time).
    Could it be that our supposedly clueless coach is teaching our team the basics of walking (4-3-3) before he teaches them to run (3-4-3 everything else)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Great win, I don't care about anything else.

TFC victories come few and far between, and we beat a really good RSL team! I'm just enjoying the moment right now.
    I second this!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid performance overall for TFC tonight except for a couple of mistakes on the backline. It was a fairly even match in terms of chances, but Plata and Kocic were the difference tonight. Victory at last.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Koevermans was never mentioned during the broadcast. Was he really that invisible tonight? I was surprised when he got subbed out, I didn't know he was on the pitch.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Koevermans was never mentioned during the broadcast. Was he really that invisible tonight? I was surprised when he got subbed out, I didn't know he was on the pitch.
    For the good play overall, he really didn't get much service to do anything .
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    He only had one shot which was early in the game (which he was mentioned during the broadcast), but after that he was invisible.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Match was excellent. Chances for both sides and quality performances all around.

On the down side, we come from north of the city and the parking around BMO was ridiculous. Combined with that walk through the maze and we essentially made our decision to avoid buying tickets for the CCL game on the 24th.

This from a guy that drove 10 hours in the rain to see TFC in New England. The hassles we put up with to support the team really have got to be looked at. I know parking isn't necessarily a MLSE issue. That said, it sure isn't easy to want to spend my money on seeing games live and in person.

Hopefully someone is taking note.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    He only had one shot which was early in the game (which he was mentioned during the broadcast), but after that he was invisible.
    Yep.

Many poorly played crosses and corners tonight though. TFC seemingly has a bad habit of playing them too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    outside of the last 15 mins id like to hear (prob in a separate thread) what people thought we did wrong (i honestly cant think of anything).

Could it be that our supposedly clueless coach is teaching our team the basics of walking (4-3-3) before he teaches them to run (3-4-3 everything else)?
    my only complaint is that I don't like seeing Frings at CB, takes away so much from what he can do for the team when not playing his usual role. I understand the reason, cuz our CB's are generally horrible, but the fact we are so weak their really irks me.. anyways I think your right I didn't see too much wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBandit View Post
    my only complaint is that I don't like seeing Frings at CB, takes away so much from what he can do for the team when not playing his usual role. I understand the reason, cuz our CB's are generally horrible, but the fact we are so weak their really irks me.. anyways I think your right I didn't see too much wrong.
    I agree- don't really like seeing Frings in CB. But he is here to help us win, and he's doing his job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We didn't dominate them or anything but honestly Salt Lake is a very good team. To beat them in a season like we've had really shows what good progress has been made. I'm already looking forward to next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post

Or that our supposed clueless coach adapted to the style of play that RSL utilized.

Even subbing Harden in looked like a genius move.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Frings playing in a more defensive role (he wasn't a CB) is only temporary.

For the moment, I don't really mind it. We've proven repeatedly that we can score, and that our Achilles heel is our backline. It would definitely be nice to have Frings in a more central role, playing as a midfield general, but he brings so much equanimity to our defence that it's difficult to criticize Winter for placing him there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, we didn't dominate. But would anyone really expect us to dominate RSL? It doesn't happen that often.

But I must say, I feel vindicated after taking heat in the pre-game thread for suggesting that RSL *would not* kick our asses. The stats didn't lie -- BMO was a place of close matches this year and RSL barely scores 1 goal a game on the road. The chances of a 3-0 loss, as some suggested, were miniscule according to the stats.
    I didn't expect TFC to win but said it would be a close, low scoring game. I was fuckin right!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was also clear just how out of shape Koevermans and JDG are. I'm looking forward to seeing DK after a proper pre-season.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Empirical View Post
    we have 8 games left, in order to make the playoffs we must:

win atleast 5 or win 4 and tie the rest.
    That's not good enough. It will probably take at least 7 wins.

Its pretty much a foregone conclusion that there will be no playoffs this year.

That being said if TFC continues to play like they did today there is hope for the future of this club. And I actually have some optimism for the CCL now.

Quote Originally Posted by nickio View Post
    It was also clear just how out of shape Koevermans and JDG are. I'm looking forward to seeing DK after a proper pre-season.
    How long should it take a professional athlete to get in shape? I'm asking this question seriously. Is a month and a half not sufficient time?
    Last edited by menefreghista; 08-13-2011 at 10:46 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Didn't rsl win 1-0 in season 1?
    Apparently it was a nil nil at bmo
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the fifth straight game with a result. And that makes me happy. Next year is going to be a lot easier on our nerves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keyman View Post
    I think Frings playing in a more defensive role (he wasn't a CB) is only temporary.

For the moment, I don't really mind it. We've proven repeatedly that we can score, and that our Achilles heel is our backline. It would definitely be nice to have Frings in a more central role, playing as a midfield general, but he brings so much equanimity to our defence that it's difficult to criticize Winter for placing him there.
    so what was he?

I agree hard to criticize the decision. He most certainly has the head for the position, positionally he is fantastic. But i find he has trouble with big target men, and he missed on a few tackles tonight. Either way the move as our roster stands right now, without knowing how Robinson may fit in, frings gives us the best chance to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in the zone

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winters decision to start kocic twice vs real esteli paid big dividends tonight. By no means i think winter is a genius but hes showing signs that hes not completely a dum dum when it comes to coaching. Frei was so happy for kocic getting a clean sheet
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One of the better games of the season by TFC no doubt.

Was really impressed with Kocic tonight and he deservedly got the man of the match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Very Balanced Performance

The best two way performance I have seem from TFC, offensively created a lot of chances. Defensively good shape and very tight at the back. Very well done. I liked Borman at the outside MF position. Attack wise he give us more speed and options. I always felt he was a natural midfielder but not a defender. We could have better service to Kourverman we need to work on the crosses.

Very attractive and exciting football tonight. We are improving and headed in the right direction.

Well done boys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Good:
    -Kocic
    -Frings at CB (don't do it again though)
    -Henry's clutch tackles
    -Plata

The Bad
    -Iro
    -Borman's runs (had 3 levels of bad, one he was out of position, two he left Iro alone on his side, three DeGuzman neglected to slide over when Borman moved up)

The Ugly:
    -the puking chick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Winter is grooming Stinson for the RB position. This is the second time he's played on the right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think A.W. placed Frings in the back both to cover our leaky defense but also to help out Kocic. Watch Kocic's post game comments, he talks about how important it was to have Frings there.

It's not a substitute for having the defense we need but it was the right thing to do tonight.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 08-13-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always glad to see TFC win. I thought the game started brightly, but had a few dull patches.