Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have sat in most sections in BMO Field. 127, 111-115 are great. However, I gotta say 117 is the most disappointing section. Some 117ers don't understand that the 10 of them wouldnt be loud enough to be heard by other parts of the field. Instead of following along with other sections (Like how 127, 111, 112, 113 try to do the same chant at the same time), they like to do their own chants different from others. Some 118ers want to do a massive with the west side and some 117ers would tell them to "Shut up, we don't speak French here!"

And there is this H-8 who likes to sing some stupid song by himself. For instance, when he sees a hot lady, he sings "You are hot. Are you single? What's your phone number?" Fuck sake. This disorganization and attitude will not get that section very loud.

Remember guys, "All for ONE"!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfellow View Post
    I have sat in most sections in BMO Field. 127, 111-115 are great. However, I gotta say 117 is the most disappointing section. Some 117ers don't understand that the 10 of them wouldnt be loud enough to be heard by other parts of the field. Instead of following along with other sections (Like how 127, 111, 112, 113 try to do the same chant at the same time), they like to do their own chants different from others. Some 118ers want to do a massive with the west side and some 117ers would tell them to "Shut up, we don't speak French here!"

And there is this H-8 who likes to sing some stupid song by himself. For instance, when he sees a hot lady, he sings "You are hot. Are you single? What's your phone number?" Fuck sake. This disorganization and attitude will not get that section very loud.

Remember guys, "All for ONE"!!
    OMG...someone who has been experiencing my pain!

Thank you! I thought I was the only one!

The Southwest corner is extremely disappointing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest problem is people coming in and telling us what to do.
    Its happened before and was met with hostility, we end up having some fat drunk moron yelling at us what to chant, when to do it and what the lyrics are.
    We know.
    If we dont want to chant, We dont fucking have to.
    I can assure you that anyone within the first 10 seats and 5 rows is perfectly happy with our regular experience. We are happy little community and we know each other well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me, or is there a lot of people who are more concerned with the f'n performance of our songs and chants than the performance of the team on the pitch. Don't get me wrong, I love makin noise and singin and doin everything to support the club, but I'm more concerned with what's happening on the pitch than on how our f'n Dichio 24 sounded. I just see a lot of people rating the crowd performance and shit like it's some kind of "MLS Idol" or something.

just sayin'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHA
    truth^^^^
    I can assure you the reason why i didnt sit in the redpatch boys or usector sections is because i didnt want to participate in uniform chanting.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    PS
    ive been there from the start adn we cheer when we want to as much as we want to.
    We are as vocal in our support as we want to be.
    Which ain't much. In case you aren't aware, sections 112 through 118 are designated "supporters sections" by TFC. Where is the support in the southwest corner?

OMY, what I don't get is this: if you are so opposed to what RPB stands for why do you post here?

TO DEVILS

HAHAHA
    truth^^^^
    I can assure you the reason why i didnt sit in the redpatch boys or usector sections is because i didnt want to participate in uniform chanting.
    If some of you feel this way, why did you buy tickets in a supporter section? Sure you could do what you are currently doing in 125, 106, 224, etc.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thrillgill View Post
    Is it just me, or is there a lot of people who are more concerned with the f'n performance of our songs and chants than the performance of the team on the pitch. Don't get me wrong, I love makin noise and singin and doin everything to support the club, but I'm more concerned with what's happening on the pitch than on how our f'n Dichio 24 sounded. I just see a lot of people rating the crowd performance and shit like it's some kind of "MLS Idol" or something.

just sayin'
    We're supporters that's what we do.
    Last edited by Cambridge_Red; 07-07-2008 at 09:23 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thrillgill View Post

just sayin'
    The people concerned with the performance of supporters believe that unified vocal support translates into inspiration for our team. It's that simple.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like standing the whole game and chanting the whole game, i just dont want someone to tell me when to do it. I love being a vocal supporter and am very passionate about the game and the team, if i was in any of those sections i wouldnt be able to do that surrounded by people who feel the same way. That being said, i dont feel that i need to be a member of a group or organization to do that.

As for why do i post on here, i asked myself that many times previously especially as there were some unbelievable threads
    when this forum first started. Since then nonsense has died down significantly adn there are some quite interesting and intelligent threads from knowledgeable people/supporters in all realms. I do enjoy contributing and hearing such things. That being said, I still dont want to be a member of your organization and I dont want to participate in activities of yours (outside of this forum).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not have to be a redpatch boy to be a great supporter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what separates MLS supporters, from footy supporters all around the world. For now, at BMO, basically its the bottom half of 111-115 thats always singing. Where teams like dinamo zagreb and wisla krakow, have atleast 5000 fans who all sing the whole game, in perfect unison, and bring huge tifo's to every game. That is exactly what people like me wish for at TFC games.

TO DEVILS

I do not have to be a redpatch boy to be a great supporter.
    True, but it takes more than standing and casually chanting when you fill like to make you one as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that is totally within your rights.

And if you are ok with that...that's fine. But it is this precise type of thinking that will never allow the south stands to be more than what it is now...just a bunch of noise.

Some of us have been in stadiums where real uniform chanting and tifos are being done and it's incredible and a real shame some people don't want that here. Because with your attitude, it's never gonna happen.

You say you don't want to be an RPB. That's fine. Plain fact of the matter...with your attitude, RPB's wouldn't want you either.

This is why I wish TFC management would realize that the stadium needs to have designated areas.

Areas where people want to stand.

Areas where people can sit without having to put up with a guy in the prawn sandwich section thinking he has the right to stand.

Areas for a coordinated effort, most stadiums in the world have sections for their supproters.

Areas for people who want to stand and do their own thing.

Such a simple thing and yet so unlikely to happen in the short term. Long term? I hope so. 'Cause I don't want to be in the same section as you.

TO DEVILS

Some of you guys must not come on many road trips...or you do and it happened to be Boston.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TO DEVILS View Post
    Some of you guys must not come on many road trips...or you do and it happened to be Boston.
    I am not really keen on guys like that going with the organized away trips. I am no saying they shouldn't go to away games. Like the home games, they are perfectly within their rights to go anywhere they like, but on their own dime and under their own power. But organized trips should be for those who are going to cooperate with the group effort. Otherwise...what's the point of going with the group? It's a contradiction.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHA
    im sorry my 'attitude' displeases you.
    I hope i am punished by the football gods for not being a serious enough supporter.
    Let me know when the book has been written so i can study for the test.
    Fuck, i wish i hadnt been doing it all wrong for all these years.

TO DEVILS

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    You say you don't want to be an RPB. That's fine. Plain fact of the matter...with your attitude, RPB's wouldn't want you either.
    Roogsy, that is a bold statement. I think you will find alot of folks within the RPB that share his views on Capo and other aspects of "support".

Call it what you will...but until the day the groups have control of who is in their section and those said sections are packed with like minded people, supporters at TFC are in an uphill battle.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I question your support? Quote me the exact place where I said that. Try to stay away from strawman arguments.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS these 'designated areas' do exist. The south end is the supporters section, in 111-112, youve got U sector and Red patch boys, up north youve got the NEE etc etc.
    It doesnt get more obvious then that. Especially when the ticket rep said in Oct/Nov of 2006 (i believe) 'well thats the redpatch boys section'.

TO DEVILS

I am not really keen on guys like that going with the organized away trips. I am no saying they shouldn't go to away games. Like the home games, they are perfectly within their rights to go anywhere they like, but on their own dime and under their own power. But organized trips should be for those who are going to cooperate with the group effort. Otherwise...what's the point of going with the group? It's a contradiction.
    If you read the threads you saw that we had to deal with issues like this in Boston. Where our chanting ruined their viewing of the game.

We are seeing a decline in attendance in away trips, one of the reasons is that some that saw it as trendy thing are turned off by the antics of real supporters, so you will see a even bigger decrease in seasons to come.

Not a bad thing in my mind....i rather have 20 loud ones than 100 quiet ones.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy, that is a bold statement. I think you will find alot of folks within the RPB that share his views on Capo and other aspects of "support".

Call it what you will...but until the day the groups have control of who is in their section and those said sections are packed with like minded
    people, supporters at TFC are in an uphill battle.
    You've carried that opinion about RPB for some time Pedro...but I think you are mistaken. Because you see people on this forum like Ossington who are not RPB but who think the way you mentioned, and you attribute it to this group. I think that's been an issue you simply have never seen clearly.

I don't know a single RPB that I regularly associate with that feels the way Ossington does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think alot of RPB's dont mind if you do your own thing, but its annoying because we want our suppoter sections to be like supporter sections in europe, and south america. But i guess not a lot of people that go to tfc games want to be organized in their support for the team

TO DEVILS

You've carried that opinion about RPB for some time Pedro...but I think you are mistaken. Because you see people on this forum like Ossington who are not RPB but who think the way you mentioned, and you attribute it to this group. I think that's been an issue you simply have never seen clearly.

I don't know a single RPB that I regularly associate with that feels the way Ossington does.
    Canadian Bhoy is againt a Capo. That is one right there....like him there are more. If you don't believe start a thread in the members only and ask of who is in favour of a capo to control the chanting of 112 and who is against.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course, because they are all Red patch boys!
    Theres nothing wrong with that either, but it needs to be understood and respected that some people dont want to be and some people dont want to participate in the same manner.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS these 'designated areas' do exist. The south end is the supporters section, in 111-112, youve got U sector and Red patch boys, up north youve got the NEE etc etc.
    It doesnt get more obvious then that. Especially when the ticket rep said in Oct/Nov of 2006 (i believe) 'well thats the redpatch boys section'.
    But we don't have control of the sections to ensure that they are filled with like-minded members. Those sections are full of scalped-seats and other STHs who think like you. I wish they would switch with my seats 'cause I would do it in a second.

You don't see it, but when I sit in my "prawn sandwich" seats...it is painfully obvious that it's the group in the first rows of the section and then a few up top who make all the noise. Many times...there is a big fat section in the middle who have their arms folded doing nothing. And I don't begrudge them that. I want them at the game.

Just not in a section that you claim to be "RPB". It really isn't. It's not even 50%.

I'd rather they sit/stand next to you. You guys can watch in silence together.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course, because they are all Red patch boys!
    Theres nothing wrong with that either, but it needs to be understood and respected that some people dont want to be and some people dont want to participate in the same manner.
    Yeah...I get that. But if you read my posts properly...you would see that mixing the two types of fans is what creates the problem. The way to fix it is to let the supporters groups control their sections.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I question your support? Quote me the exact place where I said that. Try to stay away from strawman arguments.
    You insinuated that by not taking part in the same activities that it takes away from the environment that we could have, which suggests that what we have isnt good enough. Thus by not taking part, it takes away from the environment, no? I dont know that its entirely strawman...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah...I get that. But if you read my posts properly...you would see that mixing the two types of fans is what creates the problem. The way to fix it is to let the supporters groups control their sections.
    My issue with that relates specifically to Tribal rhythm nation. There was an unwarranted outburst against them for numerous reasons and as a result, judging by a good many comments by people on here, they wouldnt be allowed to make any noise, let alone have their own section.

In all honesty do you think that people would get tickets in the RPB section if they didnt want to be there and take part?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canadian Bhoy is againt a Capo. That is one right there....like him there are more. If you don't believe start a thread in the members only and ask of who is in favour of a capo to control the chanting of 112 and who is against.
    There are guys who are not crazy about the idea sure...but I haven't heard an RPB say it should absolutely not happen.

I dont know if Mike is against a Capo...but Flush acts as a de-facto Capo in 112 and Mike goes along just fine. So what's the problem?

Are you telling me all NEE members are 100% in agreement all the time? It doesnt happen, in any group. But once things get going...NEE members join along don't they?

All I am saying is don't attribute the comments of non-RPBs to RPBs. It happens way too much already.