0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Yourass injured?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He played in the reserve game vs DC so I doubt it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC wins 2-1.

Why? Just because I want to believe, but I dont, so a win would be nice. Odds should call for a large RSL victory, but it would be nice to lay a beating on RSL for once.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Iro vs diving twatness of Saborio is another PK waiting to happen
    For this reason I see Salt Lake getting 2.

I think we will be desperate to go forward.

Toronto 3-2
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkoftheDrink View Post
    Really? I thought he wasn't available until the Dallas game on Aug. the 24th.

Columbus put him on IR on July 13th, he was traded on the 15th, six league games later is Aug. 24th as far as I can tell.
    I thought it was four league matches, in which case he would be available now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL gives up 0.75 goals per game...so we'll be VERY VERY lucky to get ONE GOAL, so with our defence I think the best result be be a 1-1 all draw...but unfortunately it'll be 3-1...imo...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    RSL gives up 0.75 goals per game...so we'll be VERY VERY lucky to get ONE GOAL, so with our defence I think the best result be be a 1-1 all draw...but unfortunately it'll be 3-1...imo...
    That stat includes their home games at altitude, which include a lot of clean sheets. While still a good team on the road, they are less impressive.

I'll say a 1-1 tie.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you have to worry about 3 goals for RSL.

This season, RSL only scores a measly 0.5 goals per game on the road. TFC gives up 1.33 per game at home. RSL gives up 0.875 per game on the road).

As your more logical first prediction goes, 1-1 is likely.

actually, RSL's home-road split is crazy... they score 2.0 per game and give up 0.83 at home.... so they score 400% more at home than on the road, but their defensive performance is about the same home/road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From an RSL poster on bigsoccer...Everyone better BRING IT on saturday!

The nice thing about TFC sucking is that we don't have to worry about their insane fans. I think they played a large part in our struggles there when they first came in the league. We seemed to lose focus near the ends of the pitch (read goals, both offensively and defensively) when they had the billions of streamers and such pouring down on us.

Upon further research, we have never won at TFC. We've tied them 3 times and lost 2 times, but never won at BMO. Lets change that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I thought it was four league matches, in which case he would be available now.
    (L) SHORT-TERM INJURY REPLACEMENTS

A team with a player who has a short-term injury can replace that player on its roster, while remaining responsible for the full amount of the injured player’s salary. A player can be placed on the short-term injured reserve list once another player has been signed as a replacement (provided the team has budget space). Note that the injured player will have to sit out a minimum of six MLS League matches before he can rejoin the team’s roster. International player limits still apply at the time a short-term replacement is made (with the player being replaced not counting against those limits).
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/2011-mls-roster-rules

That's what I'm going off of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zamperina View Post

The nice thing about TFC sucking is that we don't have to worry about their insane fans. I think they played a large part in our struggles there when they first came in the league. We seemed to lose focus near the ends of the pitch (read goals, both offensively and defensively) when they had the billions of streamers and such pouring down on us.

Upon further research, we have never won at TFC. We've tied them 3 times and lost 2 times, but never won at BMO. Lets change that.
    Well I will be at the Fergus Highland Games all day so I will be in top form when I get down to BMO, I sure hope the fence sitters get up and make some noise.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zamperina View Post

id just like to take this moment to reflect on the streamers.

the streamers were, in my mind, one of the things that defined us in the early years. back in the day, some of the board argued that they were getting old, but then the league took them away from us and all of a sudden it was like "well look! TFC supporters have lost their edge! they stopped throwing streamers cause their team sucks". it really brings a tear to my barf.

but we're still here. still loud. and im calling this one a late 2-1 win from a goal in the '87th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkoftheDrink View Post
    Correct, but if I'm not mistaken, Griffit had already sat out 2 matches on injured reserve with Columbus prior to the trade, which would equal a total of 6 matches at this point. I guess we'll find out shortly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct, but if I'm not mistaken, Griffit had already sat out 2 matches on injured reserve with Columbus prior to the trade, which would equal a total of 6 matches at this point. I guess we'll find out shortly.
    we don't even know if Griffit is anywhere near match fit yet...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think RSL is as much over-rated as we are under-rated, especially with our new line-up. Playing at altitude is an extreme advantage for the home team. I am predicting we win 2-1 goals from koevermans and frings.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    I think RSL is as much over-rated as we are under-rated, especially with our new line-up. Playing at altitude is an extreme advantage for the home team. I am predicting we win 2-1 goals from koevermans and frings.
    you really haven't seen RSL play... there's a reason why they went to CCL final. even without Javier Morales they stroke the ball around like it's nobody's business
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    I don't think you have to worry about 3 goals for RSL.

This season, RSL only scores a measly 0.5 goals per game on the road. TFC gives up 1.33 per game at home. RSL gives up 0.875 per game on the road).

As your more logical first prediction goes, 1-1 is likely.

actually, RSL's home-road split is crazy... they score 2.0 per game and give up 0.83 at home.... so they score 400% more at home than on the road, but their defensive performance is about the same home/road.
    You have to remember that at least in recent history, TFC is the team that slumping players emerge against and statistics get corrected. They're a struggling away team that suddenly, after playing TFC, will break that pattern...

Hope not, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    you really haven't seen RSL play... there's a reason why they went to CCL final. even without Javier Morales they stroke the ball around like it's nobody's business
    I am not saying they are not good, just overrated, there's a difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nickio View Post
    You have to remember that at least in recent history, TFC is the team that slumping players emerge against and statistics get corrected. They're a struggling away team that suddenly, after playing TFC, will break that pattern... Hope not, of course.
    But that's on the road where TFC makes struggling teams look good. Not at home though.

If TFC was playing RSL at altitude in Rio Tinto, I'd agree with you. RSL kicks ass at home and is mediocre on the road. TFC plays mostly low-scoring games and doesn't get blown out often at home this season.

RSL are a good team but not a great team on the road, and BMO Field has not been a place for blowouts this season. Just stating the facts.
    Also, until that 3-0 home win against NYRB, Kreis was calling out his own team, so they've had their struggles since the hangover from the CONCACAF champions league. Their field general, the dirty hippy, is also playing for USA on Wednesday, so that probably means he won't be playing 90 on Saturday.

That's why I'm calling for a low scoring game that could turn on a single play. We'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Crew placed midfielder Leandre Griffit (abdomen) on the injured reserve list. He will miss at least four games. ..
    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...-notebook.html

Just found that, lol, the article is dated July 13th. If it's wrong then the six games will be up for the FCD game. He was traded before Columbus played another game. Who knows, MLS rules are fucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"and BMO Field has not been a place for blowouts this season. Just stating the facts"??? LOL!

We've been blow out at least twice at home as I recall...by Philly and DC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"and BMO Field has not been a place for blowouts this season. Just stating the facts"??? LOL!

We've been blow out at least twice at home as I recall...by Philly and DC
    Go back and read my multiple messages in this thread before pulling out the LOLs.

BMO Field isn't a place for blowouts (meaning not often), I said, after saying it doesn't happen "often" and stating that we've only been blown out twice in 12 league games at home, and listing both the Philly and DC games in my messages. So yeah, I already knew that and posted it, but thanks for clearing things up
    Fact: TFC have played mostly close games and have rarely been blown out at home.

Just for handy reference, here is all the home games in all competitions, not just league, this year, and I've placed asterisks next to the blowouts. I count 2. So yeah, it's unlikely RSL will blow out TFC at BMO if you look at history.

2-0 win
    1-1 tie
    0-0 tie
    0-3 loss*
    1-1 tie
    1-0 win
    2-1 win
    2-2 tie
    2-6 loss*
    0-0 tie
    0-1 loss
    1-0 win
    2-1 win
    0-1 loss
    2-1 win
    Last edited by rocker; 08-10-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    TFC plays mostly low-scoring games and doesn't get blown out often at home this season.
    I don't often get blown out at home, but when I do...

April 16, 2011Toronto FC0 – 3D.C. United

May 28, 2011Toronto FC2 – 6Philadelphia Union

Stay hopeful, my friends.

In all seriousness, this has the possibility to become blowout no. 3. I'd rather see that and shake my head than have TFC take a two-goal lead and squander it, like they did against Chicago.
    Last edited by DangerRed; 08-10-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd liked to see Dunfield in the starting 11 instead of JDG.. I'm not ready to included JDG in the starting 11 based on 30 mins of good footie..

The lineup i'd like to see for Saturday..
    Frei
    Eck, Robinson, Iro, yourass
    Dunfield, Frings
    Soolsma Avilla Johnson
    Koov

Plata as a 2nd half sub, as I would rest him a bit for the game on thursday which is a MUCH more important game..

PS. 2-1 RSL, but i hope i'm wrong..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Stay hopeful, my friends.
    This is football, a sport where 99% of teams never win a single thing. Without hope, there isn't really anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC 2-0 I'ts about time Frei had another clean sheet and the Defenders and Midfield will be on top form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I'm afraid we're going to get spanked in front of a full house at BMO, followed by a good-sized board meltdown. However, I won't mind being positively surprised.
    Full house? Doubt that

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid we're going to get spanked in front of a full house at BMO, followed by a good-sized board meltdown. However, I won't mind being positively surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    As mentioned in today's news thread, this game sold out a lil while ago. Should be a good crowd...............of tourists.

Anywho, TFC shocks the RPB and wins the match. Who cares what the score will be, they'll just win.

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    Full house? Doubt that
    Well, about the most full it's been all season, similar to the LA game. No pairs of tickets available on Ticketmaster at any price; only a few single seats remain. Of course, how many SSH's actually show up also depends on the weather. The weather report has mostly cleared up for Saturday, but we shall see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, about the most full it's been all season, similar to the LA game. No pairs of tickets available on Ticketmaster at any price; only a few single seats remain. Of course, how many SSH's actually show up also depends on the weather. The weather report has mostly cleared up for Saturday, but we shall see.
    never trust Canadian weathermen. those dum dums can't even get 24hr forecast right most of the time

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, about the most full it's been all season, similar to the LA game. No pairs of tickets available on Ticketmaster at any price;
    I wonder if its really sold out.

Its possible Ticketmaster has no tickets, but those dump sites like Travelzoo do.