Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Peri Marošević

I really like this kid he's a smart kid and moves one of our best young strikers we've had in a while lol, hopefully we don't pull a stupid move like tradinging him like past coaching regimes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say, he's been a pleasant surprise.... Marosevic > Tchani

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's on a high and has done well, being in the right place a the right time to get those lucky bounces. Hopefully he is able to deal with adversity well when that comes around- and it will.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has gotten lucky so far, he disappears a lot during the matches. Virtually invisible at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some would say it's pure luck, some would say its his positioning and poise...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moves well off the ball, and seems to be able to finish well when given the opportunity. Definitely seems like an astute pickup, though I'll be interested to see how he reacts when things aren't going as well for him.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    He has gotten lucky so far, he disappears a lot during the matches. Virtually invisible at times.
    I noticed this too, although I thought he was a little more consistent this last game.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to dislike someone who's scored in every MLS game he has played for us so far. I was screaming for Winter to sub him on yesterday, he did, and he scored, so that felt nice too. But it's way too early to call him great. I'd call him a good pickup with great potential. Thing about potential is that is has to be borne out over the long term.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's had some luck, for sure.
    But good players make their own luck.
    Hopefully he can continue to position himself well, and be in the right place at the right time.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's looked above average thus far.

But if he has good positioning then his teammates must not be finding him, because he doesn't spend any time on the ball. To be honest he doesn't seem to create space for himself, but then again, none of our players do...so that isn't really saying much.

As someone said though, it's hard to be overly critical of someone who has scored like Marosevic has.
    Last edited by Keyman; 08-07-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Heathen

I like him. He looks a player, I know that's hard to explain in objective terms but I think he'll continue to do well for us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nickio View Post
    Some would say it's pure luck, some would say its his positioning and poise...
    Yep. You make your own luck in the league. He has already more goals than Peterson. Looks great in front of net and probably more suited to an AM role instead of the wing, then again I haven't seen much of him outside of his sub appearances.

Great pickup for basically nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very astute pick up by Mariner off of waivers without giving up any assets. Obviously, I doubt that Marosevic will continue at his current pace, but the kid moves well into space, he can distribute effectively, and he can finish when given the opportunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His tap in was quite cheeky yesterday. But I liked his confidence and cool demeaner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time, but he's also invisible for much too long in a game. I have to see more before I can even guess on how he'll turn out. In the short term he'll probably be used off the bench though with Avila having come in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    He seems to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time, but he's also invisible for much too long in a game. I have to see more before I can even guess on how he'll turn out. In the short term he'll probably be used off the bench though with Avila having come in.
    This.
    Good poacher. He sees a potential goal opportunity and moves into the right space. Both of his goals came literally just after he moved into that space (going to the far post yesterday and drifting to the high point of the box in his first game.)

He doesn't seem to have the faster professional football sense yet, in that he doesn't seem to be reading or reacting properly to the rest of what's going on. But given how little he's played at this level (four games in three years) that's hardly surprising. He's basically still NCAA vintage.

I don't see him as a Pontius, where he can come right in and play every game, but he could get there as a striker. If we play him as anything other than a forward repeatedly, though, he may well crap out here before he adjusts to the game. (One positive sign? He tracked back once yesterday to cover the wing for Stinson, who had been caught up, and no one else spotted the space.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see more of him before making any judgements. It seems Mariner definitely scouted the right guy for Winter's plan going forward.

Don't forget that some players get locked into bench or sub roles for years and then get a new lease on life. Wondolowski being the prime example -- what a late bloomer after being basically given up on by Houston.