Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    de Guzman scored and De Rosario has closure.

It was destiny that De Rosario did what he did today.

Now we can close the De Rosario chapter and look forward. Koevermans is starting to look great, our midfield is flowing, wingbacks working, academy kids are getting there...pieces starting to fall in place.

Patience, men. Patience.
    Crocket's speech at the alamo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smtavare View Post
    10 men dc squad, Frei should have had first goal, and atleast in his career save a fuckin Penalty for fucks sakes, IRO sucks period, I'm done with THIS MLSE BULLSHIT.

I will be arranging a huge street party with leafs, rapters, marlies and tfc fans when MLSE finally sells the shares. It will be a bigger party then if the leafs ever win the stanley cup

fuck u MLSE
    ..and there we go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It's simple; from my vantage point, the bottom line is that Iro was directly responsible for at least 2 of their goals. If he didn't let the ball through his legs, and cause yet another PK, TFC wins this match 3-1. I agree a couple of others players were suspect as well, but they didn't blatantly gift the opposition any goals. I don't know why people are tarnishing the performance of the entire team. I maintain that TFC played well enough to have won this match easily if Iro hadn't made those two glaring errors.

Amen to this.

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Someone has to stick up for people around here. I called douchebaggery on a fellow poster who claimed someone else to be "a fucking drama queen" and I stick by it.
    Go ahead and report me if it makes you feel better

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Dude, we just picked up Iro to address this weakness. That's seriously troubling!
    Here's my thinking.

Avila, Marosevic...Griffit.

The Columbus trade, I believe, had more to do with Griffit than Iro.
    Iro was probably bundled in by a Columbus side that didn't want him anymore.

The aforementioned trio are the attacking midfield/winger types that Mariner has a liking to for our system.

Iro is a stop-gap measure at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We all need to get off the deer antler spray.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smtavare View Post
    10 men dc snquad, Frei should have had first goal, and atleast in his career save a fuckin Pealty for fucks sakes, IRO sucks period, I'm done with THIS MLSE BULLSHIT.

I will be arranging a huge street party with leafs, rapters, marlies and tfc fans when MLSE finally sells the shares. It will be a bigger party then if the leafs ever win the stanley cup

fuck u MLSE
    MLSE is not selling shares.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

de Guzman scored and De Rosario has closure.

It was destiny that De Rosario did what he did today.

Now we can close the De Rosario chapter and look forward. Koevermans is starting to look great, our midfield is flowing, wingbacks working, academy kids are getting there...pieces starting to fall in place.

Patience, men. Patience.
    Our defense is leaking, LEAKING goals.

I'm getting sick of this. Five years and it's not getting any better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my thinking.

The aforementioned trio are the attacking midfield/winger types that Mariner has a liking to for our system.

Huh? did you not see Winter's statement when we picked up Iro. He actually said he's a player he's been after for a bit now. And also said that Iro came at a very expensive price in his own words. Sorry but, Iro was the main man in that trade, no doubt about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, were on the rise. Point away from home, shoulda been three but we are improving. That's the key.

At the beginning of the year we were shite. Utter shite. We couldn't score and our defending was horrid. We lost 3-0 to DC at home.

Now, our attack and midfield is competent. Its actually quite good. However our defense is still in shambles. We tied DC 3-3.

All that's left is to shape up our back line. Patch it up, recover from injuries, add some personelle and well be a pleasure to watch. Who knows, next time we win 3-0?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    I actually thought Plata was quite busy tonight.
    Oh yeah he was busy.
    Busy shooting into the back of black jerseys, busy running into black jerseys and busy handing the ball over to black jerseys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    They played with 10 men for 95 f'in minutes!! Their top keeper was sent off, their coach sent off, their backup keeper sucking balls, we should have won no matter how poorly Iro played. Full squad for them we would likely have lost! We got a goal from a bad keeper screw up, and one on an unfair substitution. This was just another terrible game that the organization will say "let's focus on the positives".

Johnson was invisible because he clearly seemed tired.
    Ecks taken off after a dreadful cross into the upper deck.
    Plata did have hustle, but any 18 year old should be able to play 7 games in 7 days in 7 countries on 7 continents.
    K-man will be a great pickup, still doing his bit as is
    Per... right place right time.
    Avila, well, he was at the top of the pile when celebrating K-mans goal.
    Frei... a few games like that a year and he'll be with us for life! I'm happy with that.
    DeGuz... nice. But why were you sitting on the bench feeling sorry for yourself when everyone else was celebrating a goal?

Dude. One player gifting two goals to the opposition is hard to come back from.

But we actually did it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Huh? did you not see Winter's statement when we picked up Iro. He actually said he's a player he's been after for a bit now. And also said that Iro came at a very expensive price in his own words. Sorry but, Iro was the main man in that trade, no doubt about it.
    Truth is, Winter and I Rot have been lovers for five months

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my thinking.

Disagree. Winter said specifically he wanted "a left footed player for the left CB position". I can't imagine this trade was for Griffit, a player who's hardly played any football in the MLS, and not for Iro, who was a player who specifically fit into Winter's description of the type of left sided CB that he wanted.

I question Winter's reasoning behind playing half fit players, especially Iro. I know "we all hate Harden", but I'd rather see a fit Harden out there than Iro, who's currrently as unfit as my grandmother (who is dead).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Frei ever save a penalty at TFC?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree, and I will continue to question this view. The bottom line is if their goal keeper knows how to stop a ball from 65 yards out and knows how to close his legs this game could have easily ended 3-1 the other way. The result was the result, and it wasn't because of one player alone on our team. You have to consider what happened to them if you are going to make a statement like that.
    My point is that our lack of three points comes down to individual mistakes by a single individual. DC have to account for their own individual mistakes. Our defense was no good tonight, and Winter owns that.

I also agree that the result is ultimately the result, no ifs or buts. The objective isnt to make excuses, its to assign cause. Iro was the cause of our fate tonight. Perhaps DCs keeper was the cause of theirs.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude. One player gifting two goals to the opposition is hard to come back from.

But we actually did it.
    DC managed to tie a game when their goalkeeper gifted us two goals as well. Can we not get off this? Is there really no other point anyone can make around here?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to be mistaken then. Apologies

In any case, Iro, as a project, has failed. He is not the centerback we need.

We need more technical defenders, less brutish ones, that's for sure. Especially if we're playing a pass-from-the-back system.

It seemed to me that Iro could not and would not pass to anyone farther than a few meters away. He was afraid of having possession and showed low self-worth. He is not the answer at CB. Perhaps Dasan Robinson should have a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A point on the road in MLS is a good result. Bizarre the way it went down, but any of us would have taken a draw before the game. Two wins and two draws in the past 4 games is pretty solid form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    The bottom line is that if Iro doesnt let a ball sail through his fucking legs, and shove a guy to the ground in the box, this game could have ended 3-1, and we would all feel a lot different about the performance.

Our defense was no good. Theres no excusing that. However, we still managed three goals of our own, including another for our new striker.

(Apologies for the lack of proper punctuation -something is wrong with my keyboard)

- Scott

This is exactly it.

Our team is starting to fight! And I will not let that go unnoticed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounders game was awesome.

2 stoppage time goals (up a man after Bravo sent off) to beat KC 2-1 and end their unbeaten run and give them their first home loss.

13 goals in the last 15 minutes of games. They score late goals. We concede them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to judge Iro when he is fit and has had a proper preseason. I don't think we are seeing a match fit, match sharp player right now. But as I said, I really question why Winter is playing the guy when he's obviously so unfit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    Will Frei ever save a penalty at TFC?
    People should get off Frei's back. Penalty kicks are largely a guessing game. What's concerning is how we concede penalties way more often thatn we score them.

Sutton saved one penalty in his time with us and somehow he got away with coming 4.5 yards off his line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to be mistaken then. Apologies

In any case, Iro, as a project, has failed. He is not the centerback we need.

We need more technical defenders, less brutish ones, that's for sure. Especially if we're playing a pass-from-the-back system.

It seemed to me that Iro could not and would not pass to anyone farther than a few meters away. He was afraid of having possession and showed low self-worth. He is not the answer at CB. Perhaps Dasan Robinson should have a shot.

Exactly. We need more nimble Cb's that have some height to challenge in the air, not easy to come by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    We need to judge Iro when he is fit and has had a proper preseason. I don't think we are seeing a match fit, match sharp player right now. But as I said, I really question why Winter is playing the guy when he's obviously so unfit!
    He is a free agent after the season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. We need more nimble Cb's that have some height to challenge in the air, not easy to come by.
    It's funny because...Tim Ream would be perfect.
    And to be fair...so would Dejan Jakovic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Nah. His contract is up soon. He can go immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
    Go ahead and report me if it makes you feel better

Haha, not necessary, I can fight it out here instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 games in 8 days....7000+ Miles travelled, points picked up in each game. so i'm pleased.

Iro had a career-worst game tonight....Where is Dasan Robinson or Viator....seriously. I'm sure winter would have subbed him off if he could have.

Marosevic looked busy/industrious tonight, and capped it off with a goal.
    JDG with confidence, is a different player.
    Frings is still the boss.
    Avila looks to be a good pick up!

De-RO was respectful in not over celebrating, which i appreciated. All over, a CRAZY match.

Iro to be sat next game, i'm sure he was first in/out of the showers today, to go hide under a rock.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    He is a free agent after the season.
    That doesn't mean that we won't be offering him a contract!

So essentially what you are saying is that Winter and Company gave up Dero in a trade for Tchani, who was traded for Iro, who will be released at the end of the season?! So we got nothing in a trade for DeRo, essentially?!

You can't tell me that the TFC management don't want Iro to be a full time player for TFC after this season...there is no way they would have given up all that they have, and NOT want him as our full time CB!