Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team was exhausted from all the travel and Iro looked even more so.
    He's still not a starter, but he's not nearly as bad as he was tonight.
    Ecks is usually great for us but even he was shite tonight and I thought Winter did well to sub him.
    I have confidence in Winter and Mariner to get the back line together in the off season when JDG's salary is free'd up.
    I think we're gonna be great next year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, let's all chillax. Don't crash the db again, go have a few pints.. come back in the morning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Nope...if it wasn't for their goal keeper we'd have lost the game. See how easy that is?

Game - Iro - Cronin = TFC Win

See how easy that was?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does everyone honestly think this team played well except for Iro? It's like, let's forget about all the shitty circumstances DC united had to deal with tonight. Let's forget the fact their backup goal keeper came in and was absolutely horrid. Let's forget everything, and remember only one thing...how shitty Iro was. And then let's turn around and say this team is actually good, except for that shitty defender. Are you kidding? if we played well we would've won in spite of Iro. Does anybody remember the three players that got taken off early in the game beacuse they were having horrid games too? Fuck if Henry stays on the field he very likely ends up doing the Iro.
    It's simple; from my vantage point, the bottom line is that Iro was directly responsible for at least 2 of their goals. If he didn't let the ball through his legs, and cause yet another PK, TFC wins this match 3-1. I agree a couple of others players were suspect as well, but they didn't blatantly gift the opposition any goals. I don't know why people are tarnishing the performance of the entire team. I maintain that TFC played well enough to have won this match easily if Iro hadn't made those two glaring errors.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 08-06-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Heathen

fuck all you haters, I'm getting Iro on my jersey

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought we were pitiful in the first half, some of the worst football going forward I've seen this year.

Second half we were much better. We looked gassed though, it definitely was a factor.

De Guzman played very positive football, always pushing forward and trying to create for his teammates. If he can play like he did today, every day, then I'll be very pleased.

Iro...He just doesn't fit the 4-3-3, plain and simple.

Overall I just don't know how to feel. I'm incredibly angry, it should have been our game, and to lose after being up for around 90 mins is absolutely unacceptable. However, it's difficult to blame the team for tonight's loss. Just a disappointing night.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Exactly, this team is going somewhere.
    And the defense is keeping our side back.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

considering the games played and travel this week, that was an impressive display by TFC. Aside from the Eeyore look-a-like at CB that made me pine for the days of Marco Reda we looked solid back to front. Johnno and Plata were quiet, yes, but how often do you see a TFC side boss an away game like that, have probably70% possession and score 3 goals?

Iro needs to train train train and get fit- the lad was dead on his feet out there having played more in a week than he has in the last 6 months. He can't be THAT bad consistently can he? I recall him being a beast for the kkkrew vs us.

Brightside time....a month ago the midfield was shit, we weren't scoring, we had a shitty left back and we were ready to throw the project with Mariner and Winter under the bus....fast forward to tonight and we are (arguably) a centre back or 2 away from being an entertaining and competitive team.
    The glass is half full.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what pisses me off?

5 years. 5 fucking years and not one bit of stability in central defense. Welsh, Garcia, Harden, Iro, etc. it's all shit.

And the best CBs we've had are gone (Serioux and Nana).

What a joke of a club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dero trade is looking like more and more Vince Carter-ish.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Does anyone know Dero's contact status for next season? Terminate De Guzman's contract and give De Ro DP money. I doubt this will happen, but I wish it could.

What do you guys think?
    I can see DeRo coming back in a year or two. I think that he would prefer to be in the GTA. But it's a long shot.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post

5 years. 5 fucking years and not one bit of stability in central defense. Welsh, Garcia, Harden, Iro, etc. it's all shit.

What a joke of a club.
    Welsh was a winger! Oh dear!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
    fuck all you haters, I'm getting Iro on my jersey
    Good idea, I was going to get Titus but you're right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They played with 10 men for 95 f'in minutes!! Their top keeper was sent off, their coach sent off, their backup keeper sucking balls, we should have won no matter how poorly Iro played. Full squad for them we would likely have lost! We got a goal from a bad keeper screw up, and one on an unfair substitution. This was just another terrible game that the organization will say "let's focus on the positives".

Johnson was invisible because he clearly seemed tired.
    Ecks taken off after a dreadful cross into the upper deck.
    Plata did have hustle, but any 18 year old should be able to play 7 games in 7 days in 7 countries on 7 continents.
    K-man will be a great pickup, still doing his bit as is
    Per... right place right time.
    Avila, well, he was at the top of the pile when celebrating K-mans goal.
    Frei... a few games like that a year and he'll be with us for life! I'm happy with that.
    DeGuz... nice. But why were you sitting on the bench feeling sorry for yourself when everyone else was celebrating a goal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch the way you address people on this board
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonso
    your a douchebag

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post

What a joke of a club.
    you forgot gorgon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Winter disagrees with you. In hind sight he probably would have had a better defensive game then Iro did, but you could see it all over Winter's face that he was dissapointed with his runs on the wing. I think he sat him down to make a point. For Eckersley standards, he wasn't having a good game. And was one of the reasons the team had such a hard time pushing up in the first half in spite of them being a man down.

Do you have a direct line to Winters brain? Maybe he thought Ecks was tired?

Also, Ecks was pushing the play, not sitting back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And and for those saying we would have lost if DC keeper hadnt been sent off... well you have no way of knowing that because they wouldnt have bad every man in the box and our forwards would have had far more room to maneveur.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It's simple, from my vantage point, the bottom line is that Iro was directly responsible for at least 2 of their goals. If he didn't let the ball through his legs, and cause yet another PK, TFC wins this match 3-1. I agree a couple of others players were suspect as well, but they didn't blatantly gift the opposition any goals. I don't know why people are tarnishing the performance of the entire team. I maintain point that TFC would have won this match easily if Iro hadn't made those two glaring errors.
    My problem comes from the statement that we would have easily won the game without Iro, and then you don't consider that if DC doesn't get a red card and are forced to play their backup goal keeper (who was horrid) then you could easily say the opposite. Their backup goal keeper was directly responsible for 2 goals. Oh and our goal keeper if you ask me was directly responsible for one as well.

I'm not one to come on here and say, fuck we were gifted a tie by their goal keeper, because I recognize that our defender had much to do with that tie as well. So why can't people just see beyond that. Oh, and you all say it like Iro isn't part of this team or something. Like this can be fixed without issue once we replace him. When the dude is actually our replacement CB, and the best one we have right now. We got way more problems then Iro, this game showed that. Some people don't want to recognize that for some reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Dero trade is looking like more and more Vince Carter-ish.
    I was thinking about that, but at least DeRo didn't stop trying unlike Carter.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

de Guzman scored and De Rosario has closure.

It was destiny that De Rosario did what he did today.

Now we can close the De Rosario chapter and look forward. Koevermans is starting to look great, our midfield is flowing, wingbacks working, academy kids are getting there...pieces starting to fall in place.

Patience, men. Patience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spot-on View Post

Someone has to stick up for people around here. I called douchebaggery on a fellow poster who claimed someone else to be "a fucking drama queen" and I stick by it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all those hating Iro, just remember, Winter picked the guy! Iro isn't Preki, Johnson, or Carver's signing...he's Winter's player. I think you should direct your hate to the guy who picked him in the first place! Winter has no excuses with this squad, its now 100% HIS team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have a direct line to Winters brain? Maybe he thought Ecks was tired?

Also, Ecks was pushing the play, not sitting back.
    I didn't say he was sitting back. He was having a hard time being effective while he was pushing forward. Of course he was tired, that's why he wasn't having so good of a game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bottom line is that if Iro doesnt let a ball sail through his fucking legs, and shove a guy to the ground in the box, this game could have ended 3-1, and we would all feel a lot different about the performance.

Our defense was no good. Theres no excusing that. However, we still managed three goals of our own, including another for our new striker.

(Apologies for the lack of proper punctuation -something is wrong with my keyboard)

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    And the defense is keeping our side back.

And this will soon be rectified imo by Mariner, next season, we will be solid.

Our offence is good now, and the defence shall be addressed. Mariner has shown that he understands our weaknesses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Rot actually had a part in one of our goals, and, bad as he was, Dero beat several other notable players tonight, including the almighty one Frings, when he made his 8 or 9 shots on net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    For all those hating Iro, just remember, Winter picked the guy! Iro isn't Preki, Johnson, or Carver's signing...he's Winter's player. I think you should direct your hate to the guy who picked him in the first place! Winter has no excuses with this squad, its now 100% HIS team.
    You're right, but overall Winter's team looks much better now than beginning of the season. Some signings aren't going to workout in the end, but at least we are trying to improve here.

Good thing is that Iro contract ends after this season. So we are off the hook here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this will soon be rectified imo by Mariner, next season, we will be solid.

Our offence is good now, and the defence shall be addressed. Mariner has shown that he understands our weaknesses.
    Dude, we just picked up Iro to address this weakness. That's seriously troubling!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    The bottom line is that if Iro doesnt let a ball sail through his fucking legs, and shove a guy to the ground in the box, this game could have ended 3-1, and we would all feel a lot different about the performance.

Our defense was no good. Theres no excusing that. However, we still managed three goals of our own, including another for our new striker.

(Apologies for the lack of proper punctuation -something is wrong with my keyboard)

- Scott
    I disagree, and I will continue to question this view. The bottom line is if their goal keeper knows how to stop a ball from 65 yards out and knows how to close his legs this game could have easily ended 3-1 the other way. The result was the result, and it wasn't because of one player alone on our team. You have to consider what happened to them if you are going to make a statement like that.