Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because no one else has said it.....

WE"RE UNBEATEN IN OUR PAST FOUR GAMES

(Truth be told, I'm not impressed by that at all, given the actual facts of who we played, but what the hell, season's a lost cause anyway)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Winless in the last 4 league matches, since the July 15th transfer opening.

Don't look now but Vancouver is 2 points behind TFC with 2 games in hand.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post

What's important, someone other than me will soon surely tell you, is that progress is being made. You're asking for results too soon, Whoop.

Also - we're on track to have the worst year since inception.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    This board is ridiculous sometimes.
    You know what's ridiculous?

When someone makes a statement like this about the board, generalizing the comment of one person and applying it to all of the users here, of which there are several hundred regular contributors. Those several hundred contributors often have vastly differing opinions and deliver those opinions with passion. Sometimes they offend, sometimes they agree, sometimes they disagree.

I see these comments far too frequently these days and I'm getting tired of it.

We are all here as people who are passionate about Toronto FC and we have the privilege to share this message board which is graciously supplied by the Red Patch Boys at considerable expense, both financially and in terms of effort to keep it running.

So if the board is not to your taste, feel free use another board that is less ridiculous. Conversely, you could stick around and have a bit of respect for your fellow posters as well as the message board itself and those who provide it for you.
    Last edited by Jack; 08-07-2011 at 08:57 PM.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    That's bullshit.

The 2nd goal is a fucking school boy error on a pedestrian cross. Whack that shit away. You learn that at an age prior to your balls dropping. Frings should've covered Dero a little better but Iro is just shit on that play. Utter shit.

Iro tripped over his own feet and ran into Dero and even beforehand was a part of that clusterfuck of a chance DC had in the first place.

This is the worst defense the club has ever had and it is concerning that no matter the staff we manage to find these inept guys playing in defense for us.

New York gets Tim Ream, we draft Julius Fucking James. Says it all.
    If you go back and look at the replay on the penalty, Iro actually had position. He didn't hall his guy down at all, he had his arm IN FRONT of the guy, which made it look like he was hauling him down. It'll get called 9/10 times when you put your arm out like that, but he didn't actually haul him down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    DeRo scores goals he's selfish. DeRo plays the playmaker role and sets up plays and goals in NY and the same people were declaring his demise. Has anyone seen NY's record since he left? Has anyone seen DCs since he arrived?

Good to know things haven't changed around here. But the slanted info is frustrating to read. He makes every team he plays on better. Theirs and his record shows that. Everything else is just obfuscation.
    Unless people simply disagree that he makes every team better, in which case it's not obfuscation, they just disagree with you. Apparently, so did New York.

Someone can contribute all sorts of positive elements, but if at the end of the day, they shit in the pool, no one's going to invite them over to swim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If you go back and look at the replay on the penalty, Iro actually had position. He didn't hall his guy down at all, he had his arm IN FRONT of the guy, which made it look like he was hauling him down. It'll get called 9/10 times when you put your arm out like that, but he didn't actually haul him down.
    I think we all new a makeup call was coming...

After the ref made that massive blunder on the DC sub that led to a TFC goal - a United player could have fallen down in the box, with nobody near him and a penalty would be awarded...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I think we all new a makeup call was coming...

After the ref made that massive blunder on the DC sub that led to a TFC goal - a United player could have fallen down in the box, with nobody near him and a penalty would be awarded...
    I just slowed it down frame-by-frame. Iro and Dero are even on the ball, shoulder to shoulder, Iro puts an arm in front of DeRo to block him off the ball. DeRo takes a half step in front of Iro, and Iro clips his heel.

Now, notably, the ball had already rebounded PAST deRo a split seocnd before his heels were clipped, so it couldn't actually have interfered with a goal.

Anyway, moot now, as you have to play it frame-by-frame to catch what's really going on, and all the ref coudl see was Iro clip DeRo's heels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which will be 2 points they probably won't get. Good for them, they beat the Fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just call it as I see it Jack.

Sorry if it ruffles your knickers but whatever.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo gave it to TFC with no lube. Whatever people think of his character, the guy stands up to be counted when called upon...and that's the kind of player I want on my team.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I just slowed it down frame-by-frame. Iro and Dero are even on the ball, shoulder to shoulder, Iro puts an arm in front of DeRo to block him off the ball. DeRo takes a half step in front of Iro, and Iro clips his heel.

Now, notably, the ball had already rebounded PAST deRo a split seocnd before his heels were clipped, so it couldn't actually have interfered with a goal.

Anyway, moot now, as you have to play it frame-by-frame to catch what's really going on, and all the ref coudl see was Iro clip DeRo's heels.
    Wasn't it da Luz that went down in the box?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I just call it as I see it Jack.

Sorry if it ruffles your knickers but whatever.
    It's not just you, dude, it's that I've seen several similar posts like that.

We need to remember why we're here, and it isn't to bitch at each other and call each other out. Shit, if I called out everyone on this board who had an opinion different than mine, I'd ban you all (muhaha).

Then I'd make a bunch of sock puppet accounts and just talk to myself
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dero showed what he is made of. All the 'he's not going to score, Frings will break his legs' crowd really have nothing to say. 2/12 now for the new look TFC since mid July. A GD of -22. Double the next team and effectively bottom overall factoring in games in hand. Yet this is improvement. 2-0 down to and expansion team and 3-3 against 10 men with our useless ex 'he signed and invisible cheque lets hang him from the nearest tree' striker scoring a hatrick on us. Yes we have improved. No wonder Toronto sports teams suck if this is accepted as improvment.

If TFC with Dero were worse than TFC now without him as i have seen argued on here have you ever stopped to consider what we would be like now with him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy Shit some things are for sure, you know like death, taxes and the same old whiners bitching at every game. A point on the road is an accomplishment. I didn't see the game I was away cottaging but from what I gather from the game in six and other posters comments it was probably deserved for both teams considering the major blunders made on both sides.

Wow what a goal by deguzman and yet the hater's don't give him his dues on that cracker, I know a 17 year old rep goalie probably would have had that but it was still great nonetheless. If Alonso in seattle or Marquez in new york scored that some of the haters would have given them goal of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a good goal by JDG I'll give him that.

Even a blind squirrel can shoot on target every once in a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love dero..but people are talkin like he was the second coming of god last night.1st goal, frei gotta save that,i think its time to give frei a break he looks shell shocked,second a gift from iro and the 3rd a cheap pk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i love dero..but people are talkin like he was the second coming of god last night.1st goal, frei gotta save that,i think its time to give frei a break he looks shell shocked,second a gift from iro and the 3rd a cheap pk.
    I like dero too but why do certain people bring the guy up like he has a halo over his head, the guy wanted to be traded and the rest is history. I wish him nothing but the best but those 3 last night were a little cheap. The first was a good shot but frei got quite a bit of the ball and should have made that save especially. With the defense getting solved eventually I am looking forward to next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont care if we finish last...we get a higher draft pick,maybe we can draft a big CB like let me see hmmm omar gonzales....MO YOU FUCKER.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wasnt too impressed with DeRos goals, as a poster above said, Frei should have saved, Iro gifted and a weak pk call got him his due. I simply dont like MeRo and too often at TFC it was more MeRo than DeRo. Quality MLS player, can't cheer for the guy.

There also is a lot of blame being placed on Iro, but when you watch the match, he is stuck 1v1 with one of the best players in MLS of all time. A tough assignment for almost any defender in MLS. That part of his game has gotten lost in his giant screwed ups. There is potential for him, but unfortunately when he messes up, he really shits the bed.

Aside from the personnel gaffes, truly why Winter continues to allow his backline to be exposed by pushing his backs up is a tactical error we see each match. Is it not evident to him now? In MLS the defenders are not good enough to only have two sitting back. I get once in awhile, but every match this comes back to haunt us.

It was a good game in a way from TFC, but at the same time it was more of the same old.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't "impressed" with his goals in a technical sense, as our central defenders (one in particular) practically handed them to him on a silver platter. But who cares? He scored three goals against us, and if that was any TFC player, we'd be singing their praises right now, not breaking down why they weren't impressive (well, perhaps a few would, but really... fuck those people).

A hat trick is always an accomplishment. As is a hat trick with only ten men.

I'd sooner take closer evaluation of our team, than try and tear down DeRo's good game, and I say that as someone who was fine with the team trading him.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No TFC player has scored a hat trick yet in a league game.

Who will be the first to do it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No TFC player has scored a hat trick yet in a league game.

Who will be the first to do it?
    Outside of some future player we don't have yet, I could see Koevermans doing it on a good day.

Just seems like one of those players who would maximize his chances, if we really took it to a team.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smtavare View Post
    10 men dc squad, Frei should have had first goal, and atleast in his career save a fuckin Penalty for fucks sakes, IRO sucks period, I'm done with THIS MLSE BULLSHIT.

I will be arranging a huge street party with leafs, rapters, marlies and tfc fans when MLSE finally sells the shares. It will be a bigger party then if the leafs ever win the stanley cup

fuck u MLSE
    WOW how could you even bring up Frei's name about that penalty? Most times keepers dont have a chance on saving a penalty. Think before you post that garbage Frei is the reason this team stays in a lot of games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kcisoul View Post
    WOW how could you even bring up Frei's name about that penalty? Most times keepers dont have a chance on saving a penalty. Think before you post that garbage Frei is the reason this team stays in a lot of games.
    There's nothing wrong with pointing out that a keeper has a dismal save rate against penalties in general, but I agree that putting any individual penalty kick goal on the keeper is daft.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCin110 View Post
    DeRo gave it to TFC with no lube. Whatever people think of his character, the guy stands up to be counted when called upon...and that's the kind of player I want on my team.
    Somewhat agree, but not when called upon, when DeRo wants to make a difference, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

At this point I hope he finds what he is looking for on other teams
    more money?

DeRo aside.... Before I ask this I just wanna say, I'm not throwing Frei under the bus at all. He is a fantastic keeper and I feel so bad for him sometimes that he has to play for us.... but when was the last time any keeper on our team saved a PK? I honestly don't recall.
    Last edited by Brooker; 08-08-2011 at 04:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    more money?

DeRo aside.... Before I ask this I just wanna say, I'm not throwing Frei under the bus at all. He is a fantastic keeper and I feel so bad for him sometimes that he has to play for us.... but when was the last time any keeper on our team saved a PK? I honestly don't recall.
    Afaik

Goto 0:40

I think Sutton had another one for NYRB earlier this season too. Had one for us in Charleston too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I wasn't "impressed" with his goals in a technical sense, as our central defenders (one in particular) practically handed them to him on a silver platter. But who cares? He scored three goals against us, and if that was any TFC player, we'd be singing their praises right now, not breaking down why they weren't impressive (well, perhaps a few would, but really... fuck those people).

A hat trick is always an accomplishment. As is a hat trick with only ten men.

I'd sooner take closer evaluation of our team, than try and tear down DeRo's good game, and I say that as someone who was fine with the team trading him.

- Scott

Of course its a 3 goal match, and like I said, he is a talented MLS player that I dont care to root for anymore so I think we are in agreement in the technical side of things. Its evident he made good fortune of his chances, but when you look at the rest of the match, it wasnt a legendary effort like most hattricks are.

In being honest, with myself, I recognize Im splitting hairs.

If Iro didnt gaffe so bad and it seems from Winter, to Iro to everyone, believes it was basically Iro who was the culprit for 2/3 goals gifted to DeRo.

I guess Im just saying, the evaluation of our team is that Iro caused the goals, Winters tactics left him alone far too often with a perennial MLS Allstar and for a three goal effort, it was not a very impressive three goal effort.

Now if he had gotten that fourth goal in extra time....

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    Holy Shit some things are for sure, you know like death, taxes and the same old whiners bitching at every game. A point on the road is an accomplishment. I didn't see the game I was away cottaging but from what I gather from the game in six and other posters comments it was probably deserved for both teams considering the major blunders made on both sides.

Wow what a goal by deguzman and yet the hater's don't give him his dues on that cracker, I know a 17 year old rep goalie probably would have had that but it was still great nonetheless. If Alonso in seattle or Marquez in new york scored that some of the haters would have given them goal of the year.
    You did notice the DC keeper being sent off in the 9th minute and them being a man down for the rest of the game?