Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsOnTop View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Plata and Johnson were invisible tonight?
    I actually thought Plata was quite busy tonight. Johnson on the other hand, forgot he was playing. And I've liked him in previous games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Does anyone know Dero's contact status for next season? Terminate De Guzman's contract and give De Ro DP money. I doubt this will happen, but I wish it could.

What do you guys think?
    I'd take it in a second

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    Damn you Agent Iro!!!
    Hey that one's mine, go look at the game thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should be happy we got a point. Iro had a bad game but it's not all his fault. On the 3rd goal, the DC player did his best swan dive and the ref had to call it because he messed up on the Deguzman's goal. Iro isn't a fast player. When he's in position, he's a wall. Give him some time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsOnTop View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Plata and Johnson were invisible tonight?

Johnson yes. Plata no.

Plata created.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"SHAME OF A NATION" JUST LIKE when they found out Jeffrey the butler from Fresh Prince cut through the forest in the marathon he ran/won lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    I'd take it in a second

Me to. But it will never, ever, not in a million years, happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plata creates yes but he gets thrown around like a rag doll out there

Heathen

On the bright side, I'm happy with Marosevic and Koevermans 5 in 6 games between them

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlucky for sure...

Couple of notes:

De Rosario played his best game all year. Probably his best game since Montreal tbh. When he's on form like that, any team would struggle.

Iro isn't ready. Maybe one day, but not now.

Frings is a captains' captain. Full leadership and is at home directing play.

Well done Julian.

All in all I thought we actually played a decent game, other than our horrendous central defending. If we had any kind of decent backline, the result would have been different.

Peri is class.

Koevermans is extremely intelligent, but his fitness is still lacking.

Plata has the energy, but I'd love to see more than just the one move from time to time.

Ecks didn't really look like he was into it tonight. Couple of times I noticed a lack of willingness to get back and cover up after making a run forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC played well enough with the man advantage to win this match easily if not for a horrid performance by Iro.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Does anyone know Dero's contact status for next season? Terminate De Guzman's contract and give De Ro DP money. I doubt this will happen, but I wish it could.

What do you guys think?
    DeRo is not available, he is a DC player.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
    And if the goalie hadn't made a ricker it'd be 2-1, and if the ref had told Morgan to wait with the free kick for De Guzman's goal then it'd be 1-1. See its better not to even start with the ifs
    ...and if they hadn't flown and bused hours at midweek to get to Lower Buttcrackistan to play 90 minutes in a hay field...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    WTF? how about you minus their fucking terrible goal keeper as wlel since you are going to take away our terrible defender.

1-1 game I guess huh?
    How does their terrible goal keeper mean we laid an egg?

How does 20-12 attempts on goal; 32-9 attempted crosses; 89-73% passing accuracy; 66-33% possesion....mean we laid a fucking egg?

I'm off these boards for the night, I'm just going to get right pissed reading this kind of crap about TFC for what was a decent night marred by a few mistakes...which on RPB forums means "it was complete fuckin shit so lets blow it up again and trade Frings."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey that one's mine, go look at the game thread
    I used it on my Twitter mid-game, and I haven't see the game thread.
    Great minds...

(We actually use it at Sunderland for Agent Ashley)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So many whingers on this board...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    TFC played well enough with the man advantage to win this match easily if not for a horrid performance by Iro.
    That's the reality.
    We have a good attack and midfield. I had no doubt that TFC would get some goals. Our defense is worst in the league, though, and we won't see the team start to be a contender until that's fixed.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Defending is awful like usual, but Frei hasn't been shape lately. Some of goals he let in is his fault. Tonight, first goal should have been saved.

- Winter made the right adjustments and it showed in 2nd half offensively. We looked much better in 2nd half. So I give Winter some credit here.

Overall, this team is tired and needs a rest! It shows tonight with some of players out there. Also, we might have to play Frings as a CB for now on. Seems like we don't have anyone capable enough to play CB on this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Agree with this. They should have bunkered up after the Koov goal. Speaking of which, Koov is fucking awesome.

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    How does their terrible goal keeper mean we laid an egg?

How does 20-12 attempts on goal; 32-9 attempted crosses; 89-73% passing accuracy; 66-33% possesion....mean we laid a fucking egg?

I'm off these boards for the night, I'm just going to get right pissed reading this kind of crap about TFC for what was a decent night marred by a few mistakes...which on RPB forums means "it was complete fuckin shit so lets blow it up again and trade Frings."
    what a fucking drama queen, we tied 3-3 against 10 men, under no circumstances can that be called unlucky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerepis View Post
    ...and if they hadn't flown and bused hours at midweek to get to Lower Buttcrackistan to play 90 minutes in a hay field...

Haha. This to, boys looked tired in the first half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does everyone honestly think this team played well except for Iro? It's like, let's forget about all the shitty circumstances DC united had to deal with tonight. Let's forget the fact their backup goal keeper came in and was absolutely horrid. Let's forget everything, and remember only one thing...how shitty Iro was. And then let's turn around and say this team is actually good, except for that shitty defender. Are you kidding? if we played well we would've won in spite of Iro. Does anybody remember the three players that got taken off early in the game beacuse they were having horrid games too? Fuck if Henry stays on the field he very likely ends up doing the Iro.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I can't understand. If you watch Iro play for, oh I don't know, 20 mins, you realize that he has absolutely no technical ability. None. It's blatantly unequivocally unambiguously fucking clear. Add to that the fact that he has no pace and isn't a good marker. The 4-3-3 requires defenders to be agile, confident on the ball, and play a technically sound game. Iro is the antithesis of that. What was Mariner thinking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spot-on View Post
    So many whingers on this board...
    I agree man it was a good game, lots of shouldhaves and couldhaves but what game doesn't.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peri was the bright spot.

We played a man up for 80 minutes and only managed to draw. Had their keeper not been sent off, we would be looking at a VERY different scoreline, so let's not get carried away with the "oh this was 3-1 except for Iro" bullshit.

Winter's substitution of Ecks in particular baffled me. I didn't see why you'd take him out and keep the pylon Iro in.

Koovermans was practically invisible and what he slipped past their back-up can only loosely be called a goal.

In any case, I expected a very bad beating so a draw, I suppose, is a good result. Yay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand he's a DC United player, is he in an option year or does he have another year or two on his contract. Just looking for info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a fucking drama queen, we tied 3-3 against 10 men, under no circumstances can that be called unlucky

Watch the way you address people on this board. Its his opinion. And your a douchebag for talking to him that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    How does everyone honestly think this team played well except for Iro? It's like, let's forget about all the shitty circumstances DC united had to deal with tonight. Let's forget the fact their backup goal keeper came in and was absolutely horrid. Let's forget everything, and remember only one thing...how shitty Iro was. And then let's turn around and say this team is actually good, except for that shitty defender. Are you kidding? if we played well we would've won in spite of Iro. Does anybody remember the three players that got taken off early in the game beacuse they were having horrid games too? Fuck if Henry stays on the field he very likely ends up doing the Iro.
    From what I remember, and I was only 2 Wiser's in at the first half, Eckersley wasn't having a horrid game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow we really find new ways to give up points. This wasn't the first time this year we've left points on the table in bizarre ways.

Iro's getting killed out there every game. We're constantly starting from 1-0 down knowing he's going to give up a penalty. I feel bad for him but he clearly can't do it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    Remind why we didn't pay him what he wanted?

Look at us now.

We got rid of horrible shitty players, for just shitty players...

We should have paid Dero.......period
    DC (and NY) aren't paying him any more than we did.

Got to tip your hat to him for a great individual effort. Iro? Sleep this one off, it wasn't your night.

Result? Meh. Long term this doesn't matter. Disappointing. Portland to Nicaragua to DC in one week? Who knows.
    Last edited by Pookie; 08-06-2011 at 09:14 PM.