Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    He might. If he does, I won't care.

- Scott
    This.

Although personally I'm hoping he signs a check in front of Aron Winter.

I would have good lolz at that.

Naturally the board would explode in anger though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda feel like he will, really hope he doesnt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    This.

If he did that I'd ask who actually paid him his money...oh, wait. No one thinks he's worth it. I see. What a shame

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    This.

I don't blame Winter for shipping out a Disgruntled star player when winter's first impression would have been during or just after the celtic debacle. He had a beef with the previous management which Winter obviously must have thought could have the potential to create some serious dressing room tension/ problems. All a new regime needs is the stink of the old one hanging over it...
    Side before self, every time - The one and only Billy Bremner
    Supporting TFC and Leeds United : Never a dull moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's actually called the Scarborough shuffle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post
    I hope Eckersly takes Mero out by the ankles, then writes an invisible cheque for his medical bills.

If by chance he scores, I bet he does shake and bake. He's a douchebag. First thing he'll do in the locker room is tweet about it too.

Nothing will make me happier than shutting out Mero and beating DC on Saturday.

+1

Mero can eat shit. Frings will break his leg and arm, then feed it to him for breakfast.

TFC win and Mero goes home crying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it will matter as tfc will win 1-0

If he does score, of course he'll do it, why wouldn't he? He is going to want to show off and rub it in a little to the organization just what a DP worthy player he is, and they made a big mistake not giving it to him. DC won't give him that title either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As if Dero would do the classy thing...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not a DeRo fan, but who cares, really?

The shuffle is his trademark.

If he scores, so be it. Odds are he will score, just hope TFC scores one more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't think he'd do it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to remember him not doing it when he scored against us for Houston.

He may hate the club, but he has a lot of respect for us. Plus, if he pisses us of, how is DeRo Ent going to pay the billz when he retires :-)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing as DC is at home, I don't see what the problem is if he does his celebration. Either way I don't care if he does or doesn't.

Because being a TFC fan means being a masochist De Rosario will probably score a hat trick this weekend.

And when the season ends DC will probably trade him to Montreal, so that he can torture us some more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you guys take a look at the replay of the goal he scored against Houston the first time we played them in 2009 where he scored at BMO, he doesn't celebrate. The next time he did score against them was last year in Houston where he scored the winning goal in the dying seconds. In that kind of situation I'd tolerate it due to the circumstances. With the adrenaline of scoring the winning goal that late in a game you are desperate for points it's easy to forget your "morals" I guess.

Maybe he won't celebrate against Toronto out of principle since it's his home team. The only way we would have known for sure though is if he had scored on us prior to coming to Toronto.
    Last edited by PAOK17; 08-04-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I like Dero. It was a stupid idea to trade him for Tchani et al. He is a Toronto born Can NT player, and one of the best soccer players to have come out of Canada, and you guys want his legs broken? If he were to return to TFC, and that is not an impossibility, though not likely, the same people who have a hate on him now would invent a new cheer for every time he steps on the pitch. It is pretty small minded to deride this guy just because he wanted to be paid at least as much as that butt hole Mista was getting. Whose fault was that, certainly not his. The invisible cheque signing incident was an act of frustration. When Alomar spit on the umpire, some people held that against him for over a decade, yet he was probably the best player ever to put on a Jays uniform. I hope Dero scores three goals against us on Saturday, and gives Frei the finger every time he does, why, because this is entertainment, you guys take it way to seriously sometimes.
    me too.Althouhgh i hope he give JDG the finger. (hopefully over at the bench with his tracksuit on)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Dero. It was a stupid idea to trade him for Tchani et al. He is a Toronto born Can NT player, and one of the best soccer players to have come out of Canada, and you guys want his legs broken? If he were to return to TFC, and that is not an impossibility, though not likely, the same people who have a hate on him now would invent a new cheer for every time he steps on the pitch. It is pretty small minded to deride this guy just because he wanted to be paid at least as much as that butt hole Mista was getting. Whose fault was that, certainly not his. The invisible cheque signing incident was an act of frustration. When Alomar spit on the umpire, some people held that against him for over a decade, yet he was probably the best player ever to put on a Jays uniform. I hope Dero scores three goals against us on Saturday, and gives Frei the finger every time he does, why, because this is entertainment, you guys take it way to seriously sometimes.
    respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question isn't if he'll do his chicken dance, but if the TFC game will be the game when he starts bitching publicly about being underpaid again.

Fuck MeRo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as he doesn't do it in front of any traveling supporters, I really don't care.

To anyone hoping he somehow disrespects this club, the players or management: take a long hard look at yourselves. I won't throw out insults or insinuate in any direction. I'll just leave it at that

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    As long as he doesn't do it in front of any traveling supporters, I really don't care.

To anyone hoping he somehow disrespects this club, the players or management: take a long hard look at yourselves. I won't throw out insults or insinuate in any direction. I'll just leave it at that
    Very well said.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    I could see him running up to the TFC bench and saying something Winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I could see him running up to the TFC bench and saying something Winter.
    well that would be really silly of him - this all came about well before Winter

anyway i could care less what DeRo does - he's not a Red , Winter and the boys are

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Andy Iro covering him, he will score and he will celebrate.

Knowing that people on this board will get bent out of shape about it makes being scored on a bit more bearable.

Hopefully we are able to bag at least two goals ourselves.

DeRo = TFC Legend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you seriously this stupid, or is this just to get a response from people? Let's hope a guy who we got rid of (for several good reasons) scores against us (3 goals) causing us to lose and in the process flips off our most constant performer on the pitch for the last 2.5 years. Sounds good, maybe he'll also go studs up in to Eckersley and tear Frings' hair out.

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    Yes, I don't think he'll score with no celebration (like Carl Robinson playing against Toronto)

Dero will dance for sure...

LOL Robinson looked scared/apologetic when he scored at BMO last year and he wasn't the least bit interested in celebrating. Pure class that man is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    Started a little debate on Twitter and I wanted to see what you folks thought about it as well.

Hypothetical question:

Saturday night in DC and DeRo scores against TFC. If he does the "shake & bake/chicken dance" thing after scoring how will it make you feel?
    really dont care....what he does..!

I remember when ROBBO scored against us...

His reaction when he scored against us.....Pure Class...but then again ...Robbo is one of the classest footballers in the world!

If Dero did the shake and bake against a team he played for many years in HOUSTON....then he's likely to do it against us.....
    Last edited by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB; 08-05-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

being good at something doesn't give you the right to be an asshat. dero was a shit-stirrer and a distraction to a team that had enough problems as it is.

and since when was your team losing 3-0 considered "entertainment"? wtf?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fushida View Post
    and since when was your team losing 3-0 considered "entertainment"? wtf?
    According to some of the pro-Winter posters here, results like that are entertaining and 'attractive'

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    According to some of the pro-Winter posters here, results like that are entertaining and 'attractive'
    It isn't necessary to take shots at people for their opinions. You can easily say you don't think losing is attractive without adding the insult to your fellow supporters. Then people complain about this board being a shit-show...
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides, when did it become pro Winter, pro MLSE , pro players and stop being pro TFC?

I'm pro TFC.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It isn't necessary to take shots at people for their opinions. You can easily say you don't think losing is attractive without adding the insult to your fellow supporters. Then people complain about this board being a shit-show...
    Wasn't trying to insult anyway. That's exactly what some people are saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see us winning this game if we can stay tight at the back (big if). DC's home record is poor and we are high on confidence.
    Would not be shocked if MeRo scored and did the cheque signing or shake n bake or something, but as long as we bag the points, I don't care!